Maker Space bank account

MikeR

Jul 18, 2022, 1:18:55 PM7/18/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
I have just received an e-mail advising me to change my standing order to a new bank account with Metro Bank.  I do not normally act on unsolicited, unverified e-mails asking for payment, especially when the e-mail tells me to ignore security warnings from my bank.

Has the Maker Space changed its bank account?

Can the bank details (or some part of them) be provided in the Wiki for verification?

I pose this question here so anyone else who is as obsessive as me can see the answer.

Greg Benedict

Jul 18, 2022, 1:24:11 PM7/18/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
+1

Thanks Mike!

Mark Morris

Jul 18, 2022, 1:34:46 PM7/18/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm the email is genuine. We are moving over to Metro from HSBC.

Regards
Mark

Gavin

Jul 18, 2022, 1:37:01 PM7/18/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Yes. I too have discussed with the Directors in person and can confirm it’s a genuine request

Gavin

MikeR

Jul 18, 2022, 2:19:23 PM7/18/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Thank you Mark.  Can we put something on the Wiki,  even if it is only the checksum of the account number?

Mark Morris

Jul 18, 2022, 2:39:41 PM7/18/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

MikeR

Jul 18, 2022, 4:07:35 PM7/18/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Thanks Mark.  I'm not sure how I missed it.  I think I did not read past the section on Payment.

All sorted and my standing order is changed.

Regards,
Mike.

Stuart Ward

Jul 20, 2022, 8:50:38 AM7/20/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Perhaps Directors could GPG sign their emails. Not hard to do.

Stuart

OpenPGP_signature

Mr.G

Jul 20, 2022, 7:47:59 PM7/20/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace, Stuart Ward
Stuart
Could you write a guide on GPG? I've always been a bit confused about which elliptic curve to select and type of Key RSA,ECC and how long you should set its validity for?
I've generally used GCHQ best practice guides in the past, but recently lost confidence in Govt agencies.

Kind regards
Mr.G
Gerald