iOS API Logout

Misbah Khan

Jun 19, 2013, 8:06:49 PM6/19/13
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure if I'm using the logout function correctly, but even in the sample "Hello" app, when you logout, then log back in, it just has you reauthenticate the app, what if the user wanted to switch to a different account, how would that be handled?

R. Kevin Nelson

Jun 19, 2013, 8:11:46 PM6/19/13
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Misbah,

There is a "Not you?" link in the authentication screen that handles this case.

Best,
Kevin

-- -- --
R. Kevin Nelson
API Engineer @ Rdio, Inc.

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 5:06 PM, Misbah Khan <mk.misb...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm using the logout function correctly, but even in the sample "Hello" app, when you logout, then log back in, it just has you reauthenticate the app, what if the user wanted to switch to a different account, how would that be handled?

Misbah Khan

Jun 19, 2013, 8:30:00 PM6/19/13
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Wow, I can't believed I missed that. I thought I saw it, then I didn't see it.. well anyway, sorry for wasting your time, and thank you!

Matthew Pegula

Sep 11, 2013, 1:43:39 PM9/11/13
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
So, is there no way to completely log out?  It seems strange if I logout and then someone else picks up my phone they can log in again....

R. Kevin Nelson

Sep 12, 2013, 2:57:47 PM9/12/13
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
I've given this some thought, and I think I agree that we should be logging out of _everything_ when the developer calls the `-logout` method, which implies that the user will, by default, have to enter their Rdio credentials again.

I've filed an internal task to fix this in an upcoming release.

Thanks for the commentary and your patience!

Best,
Kevin

-- -- --
R. Kevin Nelson