rdiff-web 2.1.0 missing documentation

Kristijan Lečnik

Apr 6, 2021, 3:52:42 PM4/6/21
to rdiffweb

Hi,

i have a fresh installation of rdiff-web on debian 10.7, with the official documentation, but afterwards there were no information where and how to set the default user path, as without this, the application is useless. Only after poking around few hours later i found out that i had no  "UserRoot" defined in sqlite db, is this intentional?

not a single word about UserRoot in sqlitedb:

Best Regards,
Kristijan

Patrik Dufresne

Apr 7, 2021, 8:20:48 AM4/7/21
to Kristijan Lečnik, rdiffweb
Hello Kristijan,

Documentation is clearly an area that needs improvement. I know about it andI'm working on a plan to get it better, but documentation is costly. I'm really sorry if that makes you struggle with rdiffweb installation.

Default installation, should set admin's user root to /backups/.

I'm creating a ticket to add more details in the installation documentation to configure the user root.
https://gitlab.com/ikus-soft/rdiffweb/-/issues/141

Thanks alot for your feedback. It's very valuable.

IKUS Software inc.
https://www.ikus-soft.com/
130 rue Doris
St-Colomban, QC J5K 1T9

Kristijan Lečnik

Apr 7, 2021, 8:30:42 AM4/7/21
to Patrik Dufresne, rdiffweb
Hi,

I understand and i am very grateful for your effort!

I was worried that i have missed a section where this is defined :)

Please check if default install on debian has a bug, that it doesn’t populate UserRoot in sqlite.

Best regards,
Kristijan

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile