Looking for an all-road bike to hire for a week in Boston area

Bill Lindsay

Feb 14, 2020, 9:13:20 AM2/14/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
It looks like work travel will have me in and around Boston for the first part of April. I've been riding a fair bit and would like to maintain during my time back east as I'll be working up to a 400k later that month. Ideally I would teleport my 56cm Hillborne back and forth, but I also would entertain hiring a bike for that time. My instinct is to reach out to Harris Cyclery, which I'll probably do.

My work activities will have me in Wilmington for a few days and then in Boston the following week.  I could conceivably weekend elsewhere in New England for the riding.

What should I add to my list of considerations?

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

Christopher Cote

Feb 14, 2020, 10:52:57 AM2/14/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Sent you a PM.

Chris

Surlyprof

Feb 14, 2020, 12:54:09 PM2/14/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I used to ride out toward Concord and swing by Walden Pond on my training rides when I lived there back in the ‘80’s. That was always a nice place to ride. Lots of the old colonial rock walls and houses.

John
Niles, CA

Mike Blackwell

Feb 14, 2020, 3:53:53 PM2/14/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Urban Adventours (https://www.urbanadventours.com/) in downtown Boston rents decent road and cyclocross bikes. Friendly folks. A little on the spendy side but you might be able to work out something reasonable if you're renting the bike for a while. Worth checking out, anyway.

That time of year can be dicey weather-wise, but lots of great riding to be had!

Mike

Bill Lindsay

Feb 14, 2020, 5:50:57 PM2/14/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thank you for the responses.  Just now my work sent out a company wide email that we're putting a moratorium on travel because of coronavirus and corporate revenue concerns until further notice.  So, I may not be traveling after all.  haha.

BL staying in EC