New Hubbuhs?

Marc Pfister

Aug 19, 2019, 4:33:38 PM8/19/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
There's probably at least 11 other newborn Hubbuhs out there, here's mine:

Parts highlights:

60mm G-One Speeds tubeless on Velo Orange Voyagers
DT rear hub, Shimano XT Dyno front
1x10 SLX, will probably switch to 1x12 NX once we figure out the gearing range
VO Granola bars

Still needs a real shakedown ride but I think this is going to be an excellent bike. Only slight bummer is that the front top water bottle mount is useless on the size small frame because of the lower top tube.

Marc Pfister
CC NV

Chris L

Aug 19, 2019, 6:39:21 PM8/19/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Looks good!   I especially like the color!

I was thinking earlier today that I might pick up a set of 60mm G-One Speeds for my Hunqapillar.

Mark Roland

Aug 19, 2019, 8:06:48 PM8/19/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Great looking bike. I agree that color is beautiful. You can use the tight wb spot for a flask holder, or a tool kit. Anyhow,  Canteens in your luggage are the new preferred H20 dispension systems for bicycles.

Marc Pfister

Aug 20, 2019, 5:03:22 PM8/20/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

On Monday, August 19, 2019 at 5:06:48 PM UTC-7, Mark Roland wrote:
 You can use the tight wb spot for a flask holder, or a tool kit.

I have a 3D printer so I was going to print some kind of esoteric holder. Boiled eggs? Tobasco sauce? Mini Pringles can? Silly String?

- Marc
CC NV

Mark Roland

Aug 20, 2019, 6:22:52 PM8/20/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Gotta do the egg/tabasco combo holder, of course.

Max S

Aug 21, 2019, 10:15:25 AM8/21/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Cool rig!

Did you run both the captain and the stoker wheels on the right side?..

Randy Franks

Aug 21, 2019, 11:49:19 AM8/21/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
"Only slight bummer is that the front top water bottle mount is useless on the size small frame because of the lower top tube."

We have simple Minoura wire cages on our Small HHH. I can get a bottle in that front top spot, but only for storage. Can't remove or replace while in motion. Fortunately the lower cage is within reach for me.

-Randy

Jim Bronson

Aug 21, 2019, 1:07:05 PM8/21/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Yea I think those big G-Ones would go good on a Clem also!

I covet a HubbaHubba but no have the scratch.  C'est la vie.

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 5:39 PM Chris L <clam...@gmail.com> wrote:
Looks good!   I especially like the color!

I was thinking earlier today that I might pick up a set of 60mm G-One Speeds for my Hunqapillar.

signature goes here

Toshi Takeuchi

Aug 21, 2019, 3:17:45 PM8/21/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I've used bottle cages that you can slide in water bottles from the side rather than from the top.  That might work there. In my small Hubbuh I mounted my pump there.

Toshi

Marc Pfister

Aug 21, 2019, 5:32:00 PM8/21/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
On Wednesday, August 21, 2019 at 7:15:25 AM UTC-7, Max S wrote:

Did you run both the captain and the stoker wheels on the right side?..

Chains? Yes, I'm running right-side drive with a 1x system. I really hate front derailleurs on tandems, so going 1X on this one let me skip having to source tandem cranks.

- Marc Pfister
CC-NV