FS: 56 Sam Hillborne

Hayden

Feb 1, 2020, 1:20:42 PM2/1/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hey all,

Selling my Hillborne, located in Los Angeles. Bike is in good condition one minor ding on top tube from a bar end(see photo) and some other slight scuffs but nothing major.

Please ask any and all questions. Saddle not included. Can sell rack along with if requested. Buyer can cover shipping and packing.

Asking $1400

-Rivendell Billie Bars
-nitto stem
-silver shifters
-paul levers
-fsa headset
-sugino xd2 wide low double
-VP-015 pedals
-nitto rear cable hanger
-paul racer brakes, silver
-deore rear derailer
-shimano cx70 front derailer
-shimano bb
-700c wheelset- sun cr18 rims, deore hubs, 36h, 8spd cassette
-700x42 shikoro tires

aIMG_0146.JPG

Applegate

Feb 3, 2020, 10:51:01 PM2/3/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Hayden,

I love the build! How old is this Sam? It’s in the centerpull Sam era—do you know what kind of tire/fender clearance it affords?

Thanks,

Alex

Applegate

Feb 3, 2020, 10:51:51 PM2/3/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Ah! Forgot to ask the obligatory: what’s your PBH, and how do you find the bike fits you?

Hayden

Feb 11, 2020, 9:57:44 AM2/11/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Sale is pending

Hayden

Feb 11, 2020, 9:58:25 AM2/11/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
My PBH height is 85-86cm. I really enjoy the fit of this bike The standover currently sits at 33” with the 700 x 42mm Shikoros on it.

The largest tires I fit on to this bike with the 700 wheels are the Soma Cazaderos 42mm with the slight knobs and all. I have never attempted any fenders since I live in Los Angeles.

I believe the frame was built in 2013.

Alex Applegate

Feb 11, 2020, 10:05:14 AM2/11/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update!

Scott Wolfe

Feb 24, 2020, 9:41:28 AM2/24/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
did it sell?

Hayden Biener

Feb 24, 2020, 1:21:35 PM2/24/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Sale is pending I can keep you up dated if it doesn’t come through.

-H

Applegate

Feb 24, 2020, 6:29:56 PM2/24/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I've been prowling around in the weeds (emails) on this thing hoping the sell wouldn't go through for the past couple of weeks. Whoever is the pending purchaser really lucked out with a patient salesperson.
-H

Hayden

Apr 13, 2020, 10:00:54 AM4/13/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
So this bike is now still for sale.

Let me know if anyone was still interested.

Thanks!

Hayden

May 7, 2020, 2:01:23 AM5/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
This has been sold

greenteadrinkers

May 7, 2020, 1:13:06 PM5/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Sweet build! Congrats to someone out there! James at Analog is building up my Sam, can't wait! Wondering if Sam's will continue to be produced post-pandemic? If anyone is looking to unload a small Sam, let me know, looking to have one built for my partner.