Needing front rack advice

Dave Redmon

Jul 22, 2020, 11:17:24 AM7/22/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I have a Clem L 52cm/650B and am searching for a front rack to carry panniers. Anyone know what fits? I've tried a Tubus Tara but it slopes too far forward.

Dave in Kansas

Dave Redmon

Jul 22, 2020, 12:21:22 PM7/22/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Make that last read "slopes too far down in front"

Dave in KS

Clayton Scott

Jul 22, 2020, 12:44:05 PM7/22/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Nitto 34F (big front rack) worked well on the 52 Clem H (most recent generation) I used to own. Not sure if your Clem L differs in fork geo though.

Best,
Clayton Scott
HBG, CA
Message has been deleted

Alex K

Jul 22, 2020, 4:36:43 PM7/22/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I’m waiting on a Clem L 52 myself. I bought a Nitto 34F Campee front rack with the express purpose of mounting it onto my Clem with a WALD 139 or 157 basket. So there’s one option. Another large load-bearing option is the SURLY front rack. Heavy, but can carry up to 70 LBS if needed. Silva Cycles in San Jose, CA has an example of a Clem with a Surly front rack on their Instagram page. Really pretty build. Will send a pic if I can figure out how on this thread.
Message has been deleted

masmojo

Jul 25, 2020, 7:17:35 AM7/25/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
SOMA Lucas rack fits mine well & is inexpensive.

masmojo

Jul 25, 2020, 7:20:32 AM7/25/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
At one point I had the Surly 8 pack rack on my Clementine its probably my 1st choice; a bit pricey, but no more so than a Nitto

masmojo

Jul 25, 2020, 7:23:51 AM7/25/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Sorry, I realize of course that neither of these are specifically racks made for Panniers, I typically use a Wald basket.

Lucky

Jul 25, 2020, 11:19:42 AM7/25/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I just put a Pelago front rack on my older Stumpjumper and I’m very impressed. I wasn’t familiar with the brand beforehand. It has three options for “feet” at the bottom which solved my issue of only having rear braze ons, and several options for the top allowing you to fiddle with height and levelness of the rack. Bonus for me was it also came in black. The hardware and rack look very quality.