LA Craigslist bike purchase assist?

Max S

Apr 9, 2024, 11:18:11 AMApr 9
to RBW Owners Bunch
Riv Folk,

Anyone could potentially assist with lobbing this to Michigan?..

EGNolan

Apr 9, 2024, 11:32:24 AMApr 9
to RBW Owners Bunch
I can't help you, but I bet some locals will be all over that thing, it's a beaut and an insane price. Better be quick with your payment!
Eric

Max S

Apr 9, 2024, 12:08:59 PMApr 9
to RBW Owners Bunch
Yeah, insanely good price. I am actually wondering if it's "hot" ....

- Max "caution" in A2

Mathias Steiner

Apr 9, 2024, 12:12:33 PMApr 9
to RBW Owners Bunch
Bikeforums has a 'Facilitators' thread that doesn't get a lot of traffic, but has worked for me in the past.

I found a bike far, far away that I had to have, and a quick post promising fiddy bucks for taking the bike to a bike store for further processing brought competent and friendly help.

The outlay was $50 for the trip to the store, $100 to the bike store for packing and dealing with the shipper, and a little over $100 for shipping to my house. In early 2022, from Spokane, WA to East Lansing, MI.

Where there's a will...

cheers -mathias

Chris Halasz

Apr 9, 2024, 12:13:34 PMApr 9
to RBW Owners Bunch
I did not know that "26 marathon plus scwable (sic) tires" fit a 56cm MIT Atlantis.

I emailed the seller. Have not heard back.

- Chris

Mathias Steiner

Apr 9, 2024, 12:25:18 PMApr 9
to RBW Owners Bunch
Actuall, regarding the tires -- I meant to point out that unlike 'modern' Atlantises, this one has 26" wheels, which distorts the size perception.

If you blow up the image a bit, you can read the 47-559 on the sidewall.

cheers -mathias

Dorothy C

Apr 9, 2024, 7:09:42 PMApr 9
to RBW Owners Bunch
Looks suspicious - they can’t spell Rivendell either. Check the serial number on Bike Index or 529 garage