FS: 56cm Rosco Bubbe double TT frameset

Paul M

Feb 3, 2020, 1:40:13 PM2/3/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hello, For sale is my Rivendell Rosco Bubbe v.5 frameset that is in good condition with no dents, dings or rust. It does have some  light scratches and scrapes from being used as a town bike but overall looks great. There is paint missing where the rear wheel was positioned in the horizontal dropouts. Rides comfortably and tracks straight with semi-long chainstays (49cm). I rode it with Bruce Gordon rocknroad 43c tires with realistic clearance. Quickbeam fork. Original listing said this size was for 84 -88.5cm PBH. Frame/fork/headset/seatpost included. Email me for more photos. Sorry no head badge. $425 plus shipping. Thanks

ST 56cm c-t, 52cm c-c
TT 60cm c-c effective, 58cm actual
CS 48-49cm horizontal
HT 190mm
HT angle 72.5
ST angle 72
only 11 made

DSCN2393.JPG
DSCN2394.JPG
DSCN2396.JPG
TJ3-10_1600x.jpg

Chris L

Feb 3, 2020, 2:32:13 PM2/3/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
This was my favorite of the Rosco's and it's like Grant personalized the fit just for me.  Alas, I just bought a Hunqapillar and no new bikes are in my near future.

Joe Bernard

Feb 3, 2020, 6:10:33 PM2/3/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Paul, you might want to measure to the top of the toptube, that's generally how Riv sizes their frames. 56cm to the top of the seattube looks significantly above that line to me.

Tom Wyland

Feb 3, 2020, 6:20:23 PM2/3/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Yes the 55.5 Riv size should have a 64 ETT and like 88 stand over. The 50 size is the one with the 83 stand over and 58 ETT?

Joe Bernard

Feb 3, 2020, 7:29:36 PM2/3/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
The ETT on this is 60 and ST C-to-C is 52. My guess is the accurate size as Riv called it is 53.5-54cm.

Paul M

Feb 3, 2020, 8:38:41 PM2/3/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
This is version 5 of the Rosco Bubbe run. The seattube center to top of toptube is 53cm and 56cm to the top of the seattube.The toptube has a 8.2 degree upward slope making the max standover with 42c tires 83cm.

Paul M

Feb 3, 2020, 10:04:05 PM2/3/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
The Rosco sold. Thanks!

J G

Dec 18, 2022, 4:57:42 PM12/18/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Sorry to bump and old thread but this one is back in the forum family after my recent move from lurker to active contributor.  Hope the fact that the original headline for the post does not reflect sold does not get people too excited for one popping up (I added SOLD to my post to help) as these have not come up often since early 2020.  Just doing a forum search as I was inspired by the "definitive B/H thread" and thought I would make sure there was not already one before I create one for the Rosco Bubbe models.  I have some good info on both of mine, but would like to verify what batch, geo and where they are made etc.

Whoever got this here from Paul did not keep it long as either did not work our or was just a deliberate flip as I paid a fair bit more for this on eBay in May 20. It was languishing and still a great deal as nobody was looking for these at that time.  6 months later these started getting chatter on the fancy road bike forum (PL) but have rarely been available since.  Big fan of the original excess fork replacement plan Rosco Bubble program and cool to see it expanded further with the Rosco Platy offered in larger numbers. This is 1 of 2 Rosco Bubbes for me as I have the Red one with the lift handle as well.

Built this up finally a few months ago and it was been a blast!

Current build highlighted with:
  - Black Sheep "Jones Sweep" custom width/reach Ti bars and Nitro 31.8 90mm Stem
  - Paul Thumbies/Dura-9 with Paul Love Levers and Brooks Leather Ergon Grips
  - Minty 170mm Ritchey Logic 110/74 (154mm Q-factor) Triple w/TA 24/34/46 rings & NOS original Canfield Crampons
  - XT 9 speed 11-32 cassette with XT 8 speed FD & RD
  - Shimano Touring hubs laced to 32h Dyads and 700C x 44 Snoqualmie Pass EL tires

Going forward I bought an Outer Shell 137 bag with camera inserts and am in queue with Joel at Clockwork cycles for custom front and rear racks that will be integrated with wide hammered Honjo fenders and I need to add a Greenfield kickstand.

This is my city tourer.  Photography, grocery getting and light touring in the region where I am ok without drops.  The Red Bubble will be setup a bit lighter and more streamline with just a Sugarloaf up front.

IMG_0605.jpeg

Joe Bernard

Dec 18, 2022, 6:39:52 PM12/18/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
It's so cool! I wish I'd grabbed a 50cm in light matte green when I had the chance. Ack!