WTB Riv thumb shifter mounts or IRD PowerRatchet brake levers, etc.

Jon Craig (Vendraen)

Nov 21, 2023, 8:53:03 PM11/21/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Basically looking for a way to get my Silver barend shifters off my barend! Riv thumb mounts, the IRD PowerRatchet brake levers, etc etc etc. My budget's limited, so I'm hoping someone has something that'll do this laying around they'll let go cheap!

Jon Craig (Vendraen)

Nov 25, 2023, 2:42:47 PM11/25/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Anyone? :)

Garth

Nov 25, 2023, 3:12:43 PM11/25/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Years ago I bought a set of Sunrace SLM10 thumbshifters along withe some Falcon ones. I've never used them, but you can still buy them retail. They both have ratchets, albeit plastic, but they work just fine. Looking at buyer comments it's about common issues with any thumbshifter, like the shifter needing retightened, or the cables fraying, or "my dog ate my shifters and now they're junk... what crappy shifters, one star !"  People are nuts.

Jon Craig (Vendraen)

Nov 25, 2023, 3:35:02 PM11/25/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Huh! Are they likely to work with my 9 speed drivetrain?

Johnny Alien

Nov 25, 2023, 3:41:26 PM11/25/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
I think I have sunrace thumbshifters that are not as nice as silver shifters but I think that silver shifters can be mounted to them. If anyone can confirm that is true I would be happy to send you the thumbshifter mounts for free. They are just sitting around. Like these....

Jon Craig (Vendraen)

Nov 25, 2023, 3:43:38 PM11/25/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Looks like Riv says just a little filing needed. Can anyone confirm?

Garth

Nov 25, 2023, 5:04:06 PM11/25/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Yes, as does any friction shifter !

Jon Craig (Vendraen)

Nov 30, 2023, 10:47:08 AM11/30/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
A generous offer from a list member fell through (the parts were lost) - so - anyone else have anything they'd be willing to sell/etc? :)

Johnny Alien

Nov 30, 2023, 10:53:18 AM11/30/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
For some clarity I was only able to find two left side Sunrace shifters. The one right side one I had is nowhere to be found. So if someone has a lone Sunrace right side I am still totally open to sending a left side. (If that offer helps at all)