FS: Carradice Classic Saddlebag Support

Craig Montgomery

Jan 14, 2022, 3:22:21 PM1/14/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Got this thing from SKS just before Covid (BC). Essentially new, never really used it. A handy little doodah but all my bikes have racks that support the saddlebags so no need for it.
$50 shipped.
Craig in Tucson
IMG_4765.jpgIMG_4767.jpgIMG_4766.jpg

Patrick Moore

Jan 14, 2022, 3:26:55 PM1/14/22
to rbw-owners-bunch
Craig: Does this absolutely positively require the Brooks saddle loops, or might it work with Cyclo or Velo Orange bolt-on loops? (Original Flite saddles.)

If "yes," I'm interested.

Thanks.
image.png

image.png

Patrick Moore

Richard Rose

Robert Blunt

Jan 14, 2022, 4:47:23 PM1/14/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I wish I could still find that green Brooks for my green Mercian. Nice!

Joe Bernard

Jan 14, 2022, 5:25:17 PM1/14/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here's a pic of the sliding doohickeys that slot into the bag loops. I had this rack and I'm 99% sure it will work with the accessory loops you have (or will get).

Joe Bernard

Screenshot_20220114-142302_Chrome.jpg

Craig Montgomery

Jan 14, 2022, 5:45:54 PM1/14/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here you go Patrick. Bag loops on my Brooks Pro.  They do work BUT (and that's a big butt), they'd work better if (looking at the photo) you angle them outward  to fit with the arch of frame. Other than that the bag will be angled a bit more (not sitting straight up) and that's about it.

IMG_4771.jpgIMG_4770.jpg
IMG_4772.jpg
Craig in Tucson

Patrick Moore

Jan 14, 2022, 6:47:05 PM1/14/22
to rbw-owners-bunch
Thanks, Craig. I'll take it if available. I can always make a standoff to hold the carrier and bag more upright.

$50 paypal'd tocmontg...@cox.net?

Patrick

Patrick Moore

Jan 14, 2022, 6:48:25 PM1/14/22
to rbw-owners-bunch
Thanks, Joe. My main concern beside the prongs working with Cyclo or VO loops is how much space it requires between tire and saddle -- this will be for the Matthews with huge tires and fenders. But I think it will work, at least with a standoff to make it sit level instead of slanted downward.

PM sent to Craig.

Craig Montgomery

Jan 14, 2022, 9:21:27 PM1/14/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com