Bilenkey Tandem 4 Sale

Michael Hechmer

Apr 27, 2024, 9:35:07 AMApr 27
to RBW Owners Bunch

The Basics:

  • Custom, Large, Coupled, Touring Tandem
  • Brazed Steel, Powder Coated English Racing Green
  • Dimensions:
    • Head Tube - 10.5” / 26.5 C
    • Top Tubes - 22.5/57 & 30.5/77.5
    • Seat Tubes - 22.75 / 58  & 17.75/45.5
  • Wheels - White Ind. Hubs & DaVinci V22 Rims  26” with 36 spokes
  • Crank - DaVinci with TA Zypher rings; 48/38/26
  • Casette 9 speed - Shimano Ultegra 12 -32
  • Deraillers - IRD Alpina & Shimano Ultegra
  • Shifters - Shimano Bar End Indexed/Friction
  • Brakes - Paul’s Neo-Retro with Tectro Levers, braise-ons for drum brake
  • Head Set - Chris King, Stem - Nitto
  • Bars - Nitto Noodle & Nitto Albatross
  • Seat Posts Nitto & Cane Creek Thudbuster
  • Tires Panaracer
  • Chains - Connex
  • Kick Stand - Two legs
  • Front & Rear Touring Racks - Nitto, powder coated to match the frame.
  • Fenders - Velo Orange
  • Saddle & Pedals not included

Also Available

  • Two Hard Shell Suitcases
  • Yakima Sidewinder car top carrier

The Pictures

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0oG7HOIlGKhAR1

The Performance:

This is a large touring tandem built for strength and stability under weight.  It rides beautifully with or without load and is comfortable on both dirt and paved surfaces  It is outfitted with top flight equipment that will not fail you.  The rear top tube is quite long which affords the stoker a more spacious cockpit.  The stays are long enough to accomodate large paniers without interfering with the stoker’s heels.  The design point was for 2”tires with fenders but currently fitted with 1.75 (1.5 actual) tires, which is all we could get the last time we replaced them.  The cranks have three pedal drillings to accomodate a range of leg lengths.

The Deal:

$2500 picked up at our home in Westford, VT.  or shipped at cost

Michael

John Mottl

Apr 29, 2024, 1:30:45 AMApr 29
to RBW Owners Bunch
How tall and what inseam was the captain.
And what 8is the cockpit length for the stoker position (tip of stoker saddle to centre of bars at shoulder width?

Michael Hechmer

Apr 30, 2024, 8:26:14 AMApr 30
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm not sure how to answer your three questions.  I am 6'+ and set my saddle at 81cm  above the BB.  Does that help?  The stoker stem telescopes over a pretty wide range and I don't currently have saddles on the bike.  The stoker top tube is 760mm; my wife is 5'6"  and switched out of drop bars a few years ago to the albatross bars.  Anything else you would like to know?
Michael

fl...@duck.com

May 1, 2024, 2:23:30 AMMay 1
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Micheal,

Thank-you for the information. The frame will be too small for us if Stephen designed the bike for the two of you.
The head tube looked taller to me and that indicated a taller build
Kind Thanks for the information
John

NYCbikeguy

May 3, 2024, 2:44:49 PMMay 3
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hey John,
If that tandem sounds like it's too small for you, would you be interested in a Large Riv Hubbuhubbuh? Let me know if this piques your interest.

Best,
Isaiah, NYC

jamin orrall

May 3, 2024, 9:09:48 PMMay 3
to RBW Owners Bunch
John, this one may interest you.  No affiliation to seller, just saw it the other day, beautiful bike!