Sam Hillborne Fork replacement

David Dugard

May 9, 2020, 1:40:42 PM5/9/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
can anyone recommend a fork to replace the one on my Sam Hillborne

if you have a spare - i’ll buy it

thanks
image0.jpeg

Conway Bennett

May 9, 2020, 1:45:42 PM5/9/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
What size frame? I have a Hunqapillar fork from a 58 cm frame but I moved the canti posts for 26"/650b wheels. PM if you are interested but if not, call Riv, check out the soma fab, or velo orange sites.

Austin B.

May 9, 2020, 2:59:02 PM5/9/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Wow--hope you weren't on the bike when THAT happened. And if you were I hope you're OK.

Soma sells some 1" replacement forks. Here's a link to one but you'd have to go with canti posts and go to a threadless stem.

Did you call RBW already?

Collin A

May 9, 2020, 3:09:23 PM5/9/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Wow! You can try to give Riv a call, they usually have a stash of replacement forks for just this purpose! No idea of the cost though...

Cheers,
Collin in Sac

Garth

May 9, 2020, 5:03:00 PM5/9/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Yeah, Riv is the place to reach out to.

Ian A

May 9, 2020, 11:10:08 PM5/9/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
When there is enough of an impact on the fork to damage it, there can be harder to spot damage on the frame, most often where the top tube and down tubes meet the head tube. Worth checking if you haven't already.

IanA Alberta Canada

Mark Roland

May 10, 2020, 8:33:38 AM5/10/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Although this does not look like the typical front impact that would cause the type of frame damage you are talking about. Looks like it got run over or otherwise crushed while it was lying sideways. Driveway mishap? It would be nice if the OP had posted a bit more info than just a provocative photo that has us wondering.

Alex Wirth- Owner, Yellow Haus Bicycles

May 10, 2020, 2:11:27 PM5/10/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I’m going to guess OP was hit by a car...

David Dugard

May 22, 2020, 6:28:45 PM5/22/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I was cut off in a parking lot last February - got 4 fractured ribs

frame seems ok - bit of lost paint where the frame flexed from the hit

_________
DAVE
email: da...@dugard.org
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
IMG_9910.JPG
IMG_9914.JPG

Michael Meyer

May 22, 2020, 6:28:54 PM5/22/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I have an intact fork from a 58cm Appaloosa. Here are a few pictures. The steerer tube is around 9 3/4.” Not the same model but looks similar in size.
Mike

<image0.jpeg>

________

DAVE
email : da...@dugard.org
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Ryan Thompson

May 23, 2020, 7:32:47 PM5/23/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I have an extra fork from my 56cm Sam Hillborne with canti brake posts. It's orange, but creamsicle orange.

Let me know if you're interested.

Ryan
Arlington, VA

Dave Redmon

May 25, 2020, 2:34:43 PM5/25/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm interested. What $$ are you asking?

Dave in Kansas

Sal

May 27, 2020, 1:36:24 AM5/27/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Although it's not likely to fail catastrophically-- that frame does NOT seem "ok". It looks like it buckled. If you choose to ride it anyway be careful and keep a close eye on the TT and DT. Have it checked out by a professional beforehand if you can.

CMR

May 27, 2020, 2:54:30 AM5/27/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
+1 please don't build the bike up unless it's looked at by someone with real knowledge, not worth buying a fork until you are certain. Call Riv and show the photos.

I hope you are healing well!

David Dugard

Jul 6, 2020, 1:53:03 AM7/6/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Just wanted to thank everyone here for the good advice

I ended up calling Riv directly and ordering a replacement fork

see you all on the trails

_________
DAVE
email: da...@dugard.org