Selling Betty Foy and Ives Gomez

walter peseckas

Dec 14, 2023, 11:37:16 AM12/14/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
I am selling both bikes which we purchased in 2013. We hate to sell but in our age biking is no longer possible. The 60 cm Ives Gomez has top of the line components upgrades including White Industries hubs and bottom bracket, Paul center pull brakes, Nitto front and rear racks, Bull Moose handle bar, Shimano Ultegra Derailleurs. The bike is in very good condition with only very minor paint scratches. The 55cm Betty Foy is in superb as new condition with a spare set of fenders. If anyone is interested please let me know. I can send pictures.

Julian Westerhout

Dec 14, 2023, 12:14:17 PM12/14/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Those both sound like very nice bikes. Photos added to the post would really help  (if you're not sure how to do that if you are using the web interface for this group you can add photos to a post by clicking on the icon that looks like two small mountains in a square at the bottom of the posting window), as would information on location and asking price.

Julian Westerhout
Bloomington, IL

Hoch in ut

Dec 14, 2023, 1:57:25 PM12/14/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
I’m interested in the Yves Gonez. My wife has a Betty and I’ve always wanted a counterpart.
Anyone know what the max tire clearance is on the Gomez? Is it 700 or 650b?

Roberta

Dec 15, 2023, 9:05:18 AM12/15/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Prices?

walter peseckas

Dec 16, 2023, 10:09:56 AM12/16/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
IMG_0268.jpegIMG_0288.jpegBoth Betty and Ives are located in St Petersburg Fl. I have provided a Built summary for the Yves in my prior post. Also included is a new spare rim. I am asking $2500 plus shipping for this bike.

The Betty was built by Rivendell in 2013 with their component package to which we added a Ladies Brooks saddle and a Nitto rear rack. We are asking $1500 plus shipping for Betty. Also included is a spare set of new Fenders which are no longer available.

Roberta

Dec 16, 2023, 12:53:20 PM12/16/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Betty is beautiful and I think a GREAT price for that package . Good luck with your sale

walter peseckas

Dec 16, 2023, 1:45:02 PM12/16/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
My tire size is 622 (28x 2.0) on the Gomez

walter peseckas

Dec 26, 2023, 8:14:13 PM12/26/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Betty has found a new home but Yves is still for sale. For anyone interested please send me a note and I will provide pics and other details. Thanks

walter peseckas

Mar 27, 2024, 2:41:28 PMMar 27
to RBW Owners Bunch
IMG_0268.jpegBetty found a new home but my Ives Gomez is still available. It’s on a 60 cm frame with top of the line component upgrades including White Industry hubs and bottom bracket, Pal center pull brakes, Bull Moose handle bar, Shimano Ultegra Derailleurs, Nitto front and rear racks. The bike is in very good condition with only minor wear marks. I also have a new spare rim which comes with the bike. If interested please send me a note for more pics and details.

Michael Baquerizo

Mar 27, 2024, 2:47:29 PMMar 27
to RBW Owners Bunch
can i ask how tall you are / your PBH? That Yves looks as low as it could go, wondering if it would work for me.

walter peseckas

Mar 27, 2024, 2:56:05 PMMar 27
to RBW Owners Bunch
I am 6’ tall with a 30” in seam. The saddle setting in the pic was for my son who is 5’9”. My normal saddle setting is about 2” higher than what I have in the picture. BTW the brakes are Paul center pull brakes. Sorry for the typo.

J S

Mar 28, 2024, 10:04:54 AMMar 28
to RBW Owners Bunch
If I found a Yves in my size I would sell or trade my Sam. Being as that is doubtful I will continue to ride my bikes until I can no longer get my leg over the TT. Age has a way of humbling us.