Waterford 1200 complete: appraisal / FS post

Andrew Turner

Oct 30, 2022, 12:50:14 PM10/30/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
This was the year of owning and riding fully committed road bikes, and it's been a blast but I'm going back to the N=1 all-road bike...until I have the funds to try something more carbon-y. So that means I'm going to sell my white-whale road bike - the Waterford 1200.

Pictures here

The frame is constructed out of Reynolds 753 steel on the main triangle and chainstays. Not sure about the seatstays, but the fork is 531. Unknown year but thought to be mid-90s. The paint is still in fantastic shape, no dents or major scratches to note, just the usual wear and tear.

Seattube measures 61cm C-C, Toptube measures 58 cm C-C.

Build specs:
frameset: Waterford 1200
headset: Shimano 600 w/ SimWorks spacers
stem: Nitto Technomic 80mm
bars: Nitto Noodle 42cm
levers: Dia Compe
brakeset: Shimano Ultegra
shifters: Shimano Dura Ace 8 speed downtube
bottle cages: King Cage
seatpost: 27.4(!!!) Thomson 0-offset: DON'T USE A 27.2!
saddle: Selle Anatomica X2 tool leather brown
crankset: Shimano Ultegra octalink 53/39 172.5
front mech: Suntour Cyclone double
rear mech: Shimano Dura Ace
cassette: 8 speed 11-28
wheelset: near mint Mavic Open 4CD laced to Shimano 600 tri color hubs
tires: Gravel King 28mm slicks: I'd say 28 is as wide as you'll fit in this frameset

All new cables, housing and chain (9s). As you see it, the bike weighs in at just over 21lbs...not bad for this size bike and not-so-light components.

Now I'm not entirely sure how much to ask for this bike so in addition to any serious offers, I'm looking for appraisal advice in case I need to post on eBay. I'm also going to hold off on shipping in case there's someone local who can come snatch it. I'm not against shipping but the cost and faff of it all...ya know.

I'm in Franklin TN 37064 so Nashville folks, here's a cool bike for sale!

Kim Hetzel

Oct 30, 2022, 5:06:39 PM10/30/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Andrew Turner,