59cm Atlantis (current model)

Bryan Quinn

Jun 15, 2020, 10:22:21 AM6/15/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hello- I’m wondering if anyone on this list would be kind enough to point me in a direction where I can find the current standover height for the 59cm Atlantis. The table provided by Rivendell seems to leave it blank, at least the ones I have seen. I do realize there is some variation based on tire size so there is no perfect answer, just trying to get close. I’ve been able to use a website called “bike insights” to compare a 59cm 2019 Atlantis with my current non-Rivendell bike, but I’m not sure how accurate it is. Thank you!

Steve Cole

Jun 15, 2020, 11:05:52 AM6/15/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Bryan,

I think you made there right call.  I see from your post on the other item that you have a PBH of 87.5.  Mine is 86 and I have a 55 cm MIT Atlantis.  I find that I am on the edge of this bike although it is very comfortable.  I say the edge because the 250 mm seat post is at its max extension.  I could and might go to a 300 mm seat post, but don't see that as urgent.  I'm fairly confident you'll be very pleased with the 59 cm.  And, the bonus is you get that wonderful arched second top tube.  I'm a little jealous.

Steve Cole
Arlington, VA

Adam Leibow

Jun 15, 2020, 1:42:41 PM6/15/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Bryan,

If Steve is correct that your PBH is 87.5cm, then you and I have the same exact PBH figure. I have owned both the 59cm MIT Atlantis and now own the 55cm MIT Atlantis. The 59 is a BIG 59. I was able to fit well but had less than 1cm of standover (with big 2.3" tires).

I sold it and later replaced it with the 55, which is a better fit FOR ME as a mountain bike. I am 5'-9" tall with very long legs for my height. How tall are you? The 59cm might suit you better in the reach department if you are lanky, but if you are wary of minimal standover then 55 or 56 might be more appropriate.

Feel free to reach out if you have specific questions since my experience might be relevant to you.

-Adam

Ryan Olson

Jun 16, 2020, 1:04:46 AM6/16/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Bryan,

FWIW, I was corresponding with Will at Riv HQ about the Atlantis and he said that the standover is 87 cm with a 2.1 inch tire.

Ryan
Denver, CO

br...@onenaturellc.com

Jun 28, 2020, 10:25:56 AM6/28/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
61685A1A-64D3-4200-A793-2CBA3B0E6079.jpegSolid replies- thank you all. This is such a good google group. I picked up my 59 Atlantis last week and it’s the most comfortable and most easy bike I’ve ever ridden. At first the long wheel base shocked me when I saw it in person, but I’ve put it through a lot of miles on diverse terrain already and it’s everything I wanted. Also, I can’t stop staring at it because it looks so good.