daily post ur riv

Adam Leibow

Feb 1, 2019, 2:29:13 PM2/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

hi all, i want to create a thread where you just post a picture of your rivendell(s) whenever you feel like it. hope this is OK w/ the mods. i love lookin at pics of em all day. i will start with my sam hillborne.

IMG_3920.jpeg

Patrick Moore

Feb 1, 2019, 2:48:32 PM2/1/19
to rbw-owners-bunch
You asked for it, and I responded. RBW-listers have suffered over the years from my photos, but -- again, you asked, I delivered ("deliver" -- resume-speak).

I attach:

- 1999 Joe Starck gofast fixie custom, 2018-Chauncey-modified with loooong droputs and (duh!) second, dt bottle cage braze-ons. Ford blue!

- 2003 Curt gofast custom, Dave Porter modifed for fixed drivetrain, Chauncey-later modified with racks and wire guides, and who knows, but possibly 2019 Dave Sisneros further modified for various picky things errand fixie.

- 2015 Rivendell inspired but Chauncey built "road bike for dirt."

- Cheaply bought (thank you, seller) Grant-inspired*, much modified Dahon Hon solo, limited edition 4130 fixed folder, with dog accessory attached. (*Dahon produced this in explicit nod to Grant and Rivendell. I've made it even more Rivendellish.)

- Not shown: Early 1995 Waterford Riv Road custom; ex-shop-floor canti Sam Hillborne; 3rd hand blue Rambouillet, all sold.

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 12:29 PM Adam Leibow <ad...@pritchardpeck.com> wrote:

hi all, i want to create a thread where you just post a picture of your rivendell(s) whenever you feel like it. hope this is OK w/ the mods. i love lookin at pics of em all day. i will start with my sam hillborne.

IMG_3920.jpeg

Still 'round the corner there may wait
A new road or a secret gate,
And though we pass them by today,
Tomorrow we may come this way
And take the hidden paths that run
Towards the Moon or to the Sun.
                                --- J.R.R. Tolkien
Resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, and letters that get interviews
By-the-hour resume and LinkedIn coaching
Other professional writing services
Expensive! But good.
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nuevo Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique

RE-BUILT 032718.jpg
#3 2003 Curt on 03.29.2018.jpg
FENDER LINE SKS FENDERS01.27.2019.JPG
WITH PERRY ATTACHED, 091718.jpg

Drw

Feb 1, 2019, 3:08:51 PM2/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here’s mine a couple of weeks ago. Gone thru some changes since then
8D4B3A2F-29B9-4957-9398-698A1AB96C43.jpeg

David Bivins

Feb 1, 2019, 3:22:41 PM2/1/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Ah, the Hon Solo. A LBS had this bleaching in the window for many years; in fact, they had forgotten it was there. I made an offer for it, the guy looked it up on the computer and insisted on asking the MSRP for it. He said "the Brooks saddle is worth that price alone!" I politely declined.

Marty Gierke, Stewartstown PA

Feb 1, 2019, 3:28:06 PM2/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

2000/2001 Curt Goodrich-built All Rounder. Evolving over the winter a little.

IMG_5279.jpg

Jennings

Feb 1, 2019, 4:04:00 PM2/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

58 cm Hunqapillar
5158F962-84E6-4668-9B17-6CA018155BD2.jpeg

Adam Leibow

Feb 1, 2019, 4:10:18 PM2/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

thanks for the feedback everyone. that goodrich all rounder is amazing. here's my clem L to add to the green theme.

IMG_3837.jpeg

John Buglino

Feb 1, 2019, 4:42:10 PM2/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Our HHH Tandem from a few months past

John Buglino

Feb 1, 2019, 4:44:27 PM2/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 2:29:13 PM UTC-5, Adam Leibow wrote:
IMG_1668.jpg

ascpgh

Feb 1, 2019, 5:16:45 PM2/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Mine:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ebSb39VKHuZctuWo9

(across the river from the USS Edgar Thompson Works)

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh (where steel is still real)

Eric Myers

Feb 1, 2019, 5:32:42 PM2/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
My Sam Hillborne from late fall / early winter, by the American River near Sacramento.

Brett Callahan

Feb 1, 2019, 5:37:39 PM2/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

20181128_072123 (1).jpg

Here's my MIT Atlantis in a decidedly boring setting--in front of the work elevator.

stoker

Feb 1, 2019, 6:05:23 PM2/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 1:29:13 PM UTC-6, Adam Leibow wrote:
> hi all, i want to create a thread where you just post a picture of your rivendell(s) whenever you feel like it. hope this is OK w/ the mods. i love lookin at pics of em all day. i will start with my sam hillborne.

My Goodrich built custom purchased March 2010. It has seen many builds over the years. Currently set up as a 1x10 with a 40t ring and a 12-28 10 speed cassette.

F9138A86-7A62-473C-B01E-EE1D5FF28173.jpeg
2655B933-859C-4882-AA44-1C692D24D85F.jpeg

DarinM

Feb 1, 2019, 7:05:48 PM2/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Obviously you already know this, but that bicycle build is perfect. Looks very much like a Legolas, any specific differences you wanted in a custom over that?

Darin

islaysteve

Feb 1, 2019, 7:09:30 PM2/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
My 51 Bleriot:  On the trestle bridge; product placement/multi logo pic with Erl's Cheviot (photo credit:  Erl).
Thanks for starting this thread!  Cheers, Steve

Kainalu V.

Feb 1, 2019, 7:10:09 PM2/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Tonight's pic of Clem on our salt encrusted street
-Kai
BKNY
20190201_180750.jpg

scott minor

Feb 1, 2019, 7:12:32 PM2/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here’s my 60cm cheviot..

https://flic.kr/p/2diZYeS

stoker

Feb 1, 2019, 7:33:56 PM2/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks Darin! There are certainly similarities to the Legolas- the tubing dimensions are very similar. I did not order the bike however - it was purchased from Rivendell as an ‘abandoned’ frame. The person who commissioned the frame did not complete the sale, so it ended up on the ‘garage sale’ page (or whatever it was called then). Anyway, the dimensions/geometry were perfect for me so I bought it. It’s a great bike - love the ride! I’ve got it down to around 20 pounds...

Bob in MN

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Addisonwilhite

Feb 1, 2019, 9:30:25 PM2/1/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
My current all rounder build
image1.jpeg

image1.jpeg
Sent from my iPhone

Stephen W.

Feb 1, 2019, 9:54:19 PM2/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
My Cheviot and my favorite sittin' stump.

Stephen

20190201_185308.jpg

Mike Godwin

Feb 1, 2019, 10:42:10 PM2/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
I put this together over Christmas break, I was house-bound because I was sick. What is better than riding but wrenching? Photo from New Years Day, feeling well enough to go for a putt to the grocery store.  Since this photo, added a fender-mounted headlight and taillight both powered by SON 28 generator hub.

Mike SLO CA

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 6:54:19 PM UTC-8, Stephen W. wrote:
atlantis-61.jpg

Tim O. (Portland, OR)

Feb 1, 2019, 11:06:37 PM2/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
62cm prototype for the Joe Appaloosa with a Hunqapillar fork.
IMG_20180405_194155.jpg

Craig Montgomery

Feb 2, 2019, 2:55:02 AM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
'96 All Rounder along the Great Divide route this summer. Running 650Bx47's.
Day 2-2.JPG

This was it in the Spring of '97. First Tour.
'96 All Rounder First Tour.jpg

Craig in Tucson

Bob B

Feb 2, 2019, 7:39:29 AM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Cool to see all these old all-arounders.

Here's my 2016 Hunq in Waterford's "candy apple red," pics from a couple of camping trips over the past year.

IMG_3538.JPG

IMG_2091.JPG

Jock Dewey

Feb 2, 2019, 9:51:02 AM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here's a RAMBOUILLET.

BEST / Jock Dewey / Athens, GA
Blue Ram.jpg

RichS

Feb 2, 2019, 12:38:15 PM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Adam, thank you for starting this thread. Fun seeing Rivs in so many non-stock colors.
Here's my 2014 Atlantis painted Hunqapillar Gray.

Best,
Rich in ATL
Atlantis.jpg

MikeS

Feb 2, 2019, 1:12:39 PM2/2/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I’ll play.

Here’s Colonel Mustard, my (dirty) ‘05 Curt-built All-Rounder:

image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg

Randy Franks

Feb 2, 2019, 1:45:09 PM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

Portland's first Clementine, November 2015, outside Rivelo.

Adorned only by a safety triangle for the ride home near dusk.

IMG_0160.JPG

Here's a beautiful and warm August day, with the Clementine now sporting fenders,
a little flair, and front basket. This was Bridgepedal 2016, heading up I-405 onto
the Fremont Bridge.

IMG_1943.jpg

William!

Feb 2, 2019, 2:16:24 PM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
2007 61cm Toyo Atlantis. I rode it hard for 10 years before I crashed and totaled it. I had a skilled builder resurrect it and it now lives on as a 650b disc conversion.

IMG_4393.jpeg

IMG_4524.jpeg

IMG_4256.jpeg

Doug Van Cleve

Feb 2, 2019, 2:42:06 PM2/2/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Cool!  Wonder how many disc'ed RBW bikes exist...

Doug

Doug Van Cleve

Feb 2, 2019, 2:49:39 PM2/2/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I was a bit too quick to respond.  So one of the things historically touted about lugged steel frames is repairability.  Turns out almost any frame material CAN be repaired, but most are not.  It is always interesting to me when somebody elects to have their frame repaired, my bro garage doored his old Bianchi years ago and had the top and down tube replaced by Ed Litton in CA.  Who did the rebuild on your Atlantis, William?

Thanks, Doug

On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 12:16 PM William! <william.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

Bob Ehrenbeck

Feb 2, 2019, 3:31:08 PM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here's the Clem frame I bought during the 2015 pre-sale, dressed up in its current configuration:

PB2500020.jpg

Bob E
Cranford, NJ

Justin, Oakland

Feb 2, 2019, 3:41:28 PM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

IMG_0798.jpg

Here's my Saluki from a few years ago. The chain wrap on the derailleur is horrible, those pedals are gone and shortly it will be reborn but damn that's a fine machine.

William Henderson

Feb 2, 2019, 3:53:34 PM2/2/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
It was done by Dave at TiCycles in Portland. It needed a new fork, TT and DT which wasn’t cheap - buying a new frame would have been about the same - but insurance was paying and I have a strong emotional attachment to my bike. It wasn’t much extra cost to remove the canti studs, add disc tabs and extra rack mounts, and drill reinforced holes for internal dynamo wiring.

William
Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 2, 2019, at 11:49 AM, Doug Van Cleve <dvan...@gmail.com> wrote:

I was a bit too quick to respond.  So one of the things historically touted about lugged steel frames is repairability.  Turns out almost any frame material CAN be repaired, but most are not.  It is always interesting to me when somebody elects to have their frame repaired, my bro garage doored his old Bianchi years ago and had the top and down tube replaced by Ed Litton in CA.  Who did the rebuild on your Atlantis, William?

Thanks, Doug

On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 12:16 PM William! <william.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
2007 61cm Toyo Atlantis. I rode it hard for 10 years before I crashed and totaled it. I had a skilled builder resurrect it and it now lives on as a 650b disc conversion.

Michael Cinibulk

Feb 2, 2019, 4:44:33 PM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here’s my 2008 Sam Hillborne. Used mainly for commuting and loaded and unloaded touring.

Mike C.
Bellbrook OH
5EA663B9-5E6A-4AC6-877F-DDD359496E29.jpeg
Message has been deleted

Jim S.

Feb 2, 2019, 4:46:34 PM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here's Clem and a passenger this afternoon in Forest Park, St. Louis, Missouri.
Message has been deleted

A. Nostuh

Feb 2, 2019, 5:10:36 PM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
My prized possession. For some reason when I upload it turns the image sideways. I can’t explain it 🤷‍♂️
D1A43BF7-043E-4ED0-ABCE-5EC2EA0B3D84.jpeg

John M

Feb 2, 2019, 6:19:23 PM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

Hunqapillar from this morning's ride in sunny southern New Mexico

airport bike.jpg

J Imler

Feb 2, 2019, 6:20:51 PM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
There's a 58cm Joe Appaloosa there, in case you couldn't tell.

20190202_141855.jpg
20190202_141847.jpg

Takashi

Feb 2, 2019, 7:01:43 PM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here's my Hunqapillar having fun on snow.

Takashi

hunqa.JPG

Patrick Moore

Patrick Moore

Feb 2, 2019, 7:02:48 PM2/2/19
to rbw-owners-bunch
Where in NM?

On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 4:19 PM John M <john....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hunqapillar from this morning's ride in sunny southern New Mexico

airport bike.jpg

Nick Ybarra

Feb 2, 2019, 7:27:38 PM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 1:29:13 PM UTC-6, Adam Leibow wrote:
> hi all, i want to create a thread where you just post a picture of your rivendell(s) whenever you feel like it. hope this is OK w/ the mods. i love lookin at pics of em all day. i will start with my sam hillborne.

My 56cm Hillborne outside my office when the leaves were falling in November.

8F3EC575-631A-4CD2-A744-4F520ACCF9BA.jpeg

John M

Feb 2, 2019, 7:54:15 PM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
"Where in NM?"

I'm in Silver City (where Rivs are more common than you might think).

john

Jonathan D.

Feb 2, 2019, 8:34:37 PM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

A pic from today’s ride with the kids on the Atlantis and pics of my two other Rivs, a Ram and a Joe.

On Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 4:54:15 PM UTC-8, John M wrote:
> "Where in NM?"
>

> I'm in Silver City (where Rivs are more common than you might think).
>

> john
>

> On Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 5:02:48 PM UTC-7, Patrick Moore wrote:
> Where in NM?
>

> On Sat, Feb 2, 2019 at 4:19 PM John M <john....@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hunqapillar from this morning's ride in sunny southern New Mexico

66BD59EA-4497-47ED-8565-618FDE40FC89.jpeg
586D60FF-F00C-4210-94ED-8F99D0DF6ED6.jpeg

Adam Leibow

Feb 2, 2019, 8:42:34 PM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
i'm very happy about the number of posts i came home to today. impressed with everybody's rivendells.

IMG_3643.JPG

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 11:29:13 AM UTC-8, Adam Leibow wrote:

hi all, i want to create a thread where you just post a picture of your rivendell(s) whenever you feel like it. hope this is OK w/ the mods. i love lookin at pics of em all day. i will start with my sam hillborne.

IMG_3920.jpeg

jandrews

Feb 2, 2019, 8:58:11 PM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Off-roadish Simpleone in New York's Hudson Valley

IMG_5786.JPG
Message has been deleted

Kieran J

Feb 2, 2019, 10:34:30 PM2/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Aftermath of a wet Ram ride a few weeks back. Love this bike.

KJ

IMG_5731.JPG

Steven Sweedler

Feb 3, 2019, 7:34:19 AM2/3/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Here’s my 96 custom Road
--
Steven Sweedler
Plymouth, New Hampshire

Marc Irwin

Feb 3, 2019, 10:59:21 AM2/3/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
My Hunq in it's natural habitat.

IMG_20140618_105620.jpg

and my Hillborne in it's.

IMG_2254.JPG

Marc

rob markwardt

Feb 3, 2019, 11:41:17 AM2/3/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 11:29:13 AM UTC-8, Adam Leibow wrote:
My 12 yr old Bleriot wearing new red shoes.
644A7165-1589-40B5-8C69-37527B8CD346.jpeg

rob markwardt

Feb 3, 2019, 11:50:48 AM2/3/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
My 2001 custom road...currently in hibernation.
57372D78-53DE-4A13-8BA8-A50004FEA775.jpeg

ccli...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2019, 4:23:18 PM2/3/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

The world’s southernmost pair of Hunqapillars, in Dunedin, NZ.
0EDEF94E-4860-4792-B13E-6486DBFF5402.jpeg

Patrick Moore

Feb 3, 2019, 4:37:02 PM2/3/19
to rbw-owners-bunch
Great photo. Curious: what was the cost of shipping to Dunedin? (I really like these quasi-English antipodean place names.)

Patrick Moore, who remembers flying from Karachi to Los Angeles, on 1/4-full 747s, when you could take the entire middle row and stretch out to sleep.

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 2:23 PM <ccli...@gmail.com> wrote:

The world’s southernmost pair of Hunqapillars, in Dunedin, NZ.

ccli...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2019, 4:55:06 PM2/3/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Patrick,

Cost of shipping two frame boxes and one wheelset was $350USD via Bikeflights/FedEx. UPS would have been substantially more costly but provide much better service (Bikeflights took close to a month to arrange paperwork before they could be dispatched).

Dunedin is a wonderful city named for the Gaelic word for Edinburgh , Dùn Èideann - which is presumably where Tolkien borrowed Dunedain from...

Kurt Manley

Feb 3, 2019, 4:58:38 PM2/3/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

I like this thread! Here's my Hunq on a rainy ride this morning in the hills of Oakland, California.

IMG-1433.JPG

Pancake

Feb 3, 2019, 4:59:16 PM2/3/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Riding around Napa on my Hillborne and Cheviot:
EA03AE66-87F2-44A3-838F-CE1881043E77.jpeg
0D22D2D5-61B2-4E00-BD9F-3C491DAEF81D.jpeg
0103A6A1-F389-4F57-9573-A811A2674344.jpeg
42F17F43-C725-4677-9A8E-D9B8816A285E.jpeg
ACB9F757-ECE6-427C-AE29-82017B86CE3D.jpeg
1B3C8410-1389-4452-A743-1128FBFF3495.jpeg
566C565D-A5BA-4288-860D-B73129E44215.jpeg

Kurt Manley

Feb 3, 2019, 5:00:26 PM2/3/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
IMG-1433.JPG

Eric Daume

Feb 3, 2019, 5:54:08 PM2/3/19
to rbw-owners-bunch
Kurt, that's a great shot of your Hunq!

Here's my Clem, newly shod with Super Motos.
IMG_1013.JPG

Eric

Chris L

Feb 3, 2019, 5:56:59 PM2/3/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
I don't have any good photos yet of my Hunqapillar.  This one has some vertical distortion and the seat was actually up too high, but it's the best I've got right now.

Despite being one of the very first Hunqapillars, the paint is almost flawless, but that hasn't stopped me from already fantasizing about having it repainted the dark orange I often see on Sam's.

thumbnail (2).jpg

John Buglino

Feb 4, 2019, 4:16:20 PM2/4/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Homer waiting for the ferry to lower Manhattan
D514EE2A-ADC5-4996-B693-031232DE0C20.jpeg

Kurt Manley

Feb 4, 2019, 6:13:05 PM2/4/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Today's rainy ride on Pinehurst Rd. in the tiny town of Canyon, CA. Just over the hill from Oakland. A roadie hollered "you're crazy!" as he whizzed by, I guess bc I was on my Hunq with its fat tires? I thought he was crazy, no fenders and tiny lil tires.....

IMG-1439.JPG

Kurt Manley

Feb 4, 2019, 6:23:18 PM2/4/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
One more from a week on the Oregon Timber Trail this summer. I love that this bike goes from bikepacker to fendered townie/ beast of burden so easily!
IMG-0146.JPG

Joe Bernard

Feb 4, 2019, 6:30:35 PM2/4/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Kurt: Y'all were busy in Canyon today, Rose Mitten on the Instagram posted pics from a ride there, too. I was nearby in Berkeley and I was cold in my CAR!

Hetchins52

Feb 4, 2019, 6:50:18 PM2/4/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here’s a special one — This was your A.Homer Hilsen until about 2 ½ years ago when I bought the frame and fork from you.
My main bike, now.
Picture taken at Mersea Restaurant on Treasure Island, June 2017.
Thanks, Adam!
David Lipsky
Berkeley, CA

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 11:29:13 AM UTC-8, Adam Leibow wrote:
> hi all, i want to create a thread where you just post a picture of your rivendell.....
F7522522-CE78-4246-9524-83F1328AF1A3.jpeg

The Snag

Feb 4, 2019, 8:23:10 PM2/4/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

64cm Waterford Sam out for a ride on the logging roads with the pup!

20190112_123134.jpg

tc

Feb 4, 2019, 10:09:44 PM2/4/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
We haven't seen many Roadinis, so in support of Grant's sadness that not more have sold, here's my 61 with custom NC State red paint (yes, that NC State that just had the lowest scoring game in the shot clock era...):

Roadini_Labor_Day_2018.jpeg

More pic's here.

Fullylugged

Feb 5, 2019, 7:35:41 AM2/5/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
This is my 1995 Road Prototype. It was originally all Light English Blue, a Waterford classic color. Waterford made the bike for RBW using heavy wall Reynolds 753 tubes, a 531 fork with a bi-plane crown and Richard Sachs designed lugs. It was re-painted in 2011 at Airglow in Athens GA using the same light blue but with cream lugs and fork crown to match the cream in the decals. It's being re-painted now due to a frame crack repair, but with the same colors as seen here. The frame measures 54.5 cm C-T on the seat tube, and I have always ridden it as a 650B conversion.

https://flic.kr/p/bHgAhR

Message has been deleted

George Rosselle

Feb 6, 2019, 8:35:02 AM2/6/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
I think this is the first Rosco posted.

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 2:29:13 PM UTC-5, Adam Leibow wrote:

hi all, i want to create a thread where you just post a picture of your rivendell(s) whenever you feel like it. hope this is OK w/ the mods. i love lookin at pics of em all day. i will start with my sam hillborne.

IMG_3920.jpeg

IMG_0983.JPG

Drew Henson

Feb 6, 2019, 1:07:44 PM2/6/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
My 2018 MIT Homer, on my Winter solstice commute home.

homer2.jpg

lconley

Feb 6, 2019, 1:31:54 PM2/6/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
56 Sam Hillborne with orange metalflake paint.

IMG_1682s.jpg

Collin A

Feb 6, 2019, 8:38:31 PM2/6/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here is my shred sled, post shred...But really, this thing does a pretty good job on the bay area singletrack and fire roads. It also serves as my commuter

IMG_20190206_161507.jpg

Jan O.

Feb 6, 2019, 8:58:16 PM2/6/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Colin, how do you find the Continental Race-King on pavement. Thinking of mounting some on my MIT Atlantis.

Thank you.
Jan

Collin A

Feb 6, 2019, 10:49:12 PM2/6/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
I am a big fan of them. They have almost no road buzz, and they don't really feel slow, especially if you pump them up high for the rides to and from the trailhead (and release at the trail). Mine measured out to 57mm at 35 psi with
24mm ID rims.

They are a great mixed surface tires, AND you can grab a pair from Riv!

Jan O.

Feb 7, 2019, 12:11:37 AM2/7/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Great tires indeed for road/trail riding and a great value as well. Heading to Riv headquarters next week and will purchase a pair.

Thank you again.
Jan

Eric Daume

Feb 7, 2019, 7:16:29 AM2/7/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Colin,

What’s the bar on your Clem?

Eric

Jim S.

Feb 7, 2019, 11:47:42 AM2/7/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
2019-02-03 Cheviot and Phoebe.jpg

Collin A

Feb 7, 2019, 1:04:39 PM2/7/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Eric,

They are MAP Ahearne 610 bars, great for corralling the bike on the downhills, but not too many hand positions to offer for really long rides. I always find myself needing an extra inch or so on the ends too, so I think a pair of wavies might fit the bill better...I need to head to riv HQ soon and give them a good test ride.

Cheers,
Collin

On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 4:16:29 AM UTC-8, Eric Daume wrote:
Colin,

What’s the bar on your Clem?

Eric

On Wednesday, February 6, 2019, Collin A <collinm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Here is my shred sled, post shred...But really, this thing does a pretty good job on the bay area singletrack and fire roads. It also serves as my commuter

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 11:29:13 AM UTC-8, Adam Leibow wrote:

hi all, i want to create a thread where you just post a picture of your rivendell(s) whenever you feel like it. hope this is OK w/ the mods. i love lookin at pics of em all day. i will start with my sam hillborne.

Stephen W.

Feb 7, 2019, 1:05:16 PM2/7/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here we have my 59 650b Hunqapillar amidst the forest.
20190207_120221.jpg

Kainalu V.

Feb 7, 2019, 2:51:48 PM2/7/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Rosco Bubbe cruising Jersey a bit-

20190206_163550.jpg

20190206_163936.jpg

20190206_155442.jpg

and yeah, my fender line looks jacked, but it's not as horrible (functionally) as it looks with a minimum of 1 cm clearance, and they're homemades, so forgiveness please...

-Kai

BKNY

Justin, Oakland

Feb 7, 2019, 7:04:14 PM2/7/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Tell us about your rack situation.

Mark in Beacon

Feb 7, 2019, 8:39:06 PM2/7/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
That mountain bubbe is really cool. I love that color. Are you zapping up your own racks there?

Kainalu V.

Feb 7, 2019, 10:34:13 PM2/7/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Yup, homemades all around. I'll post some pics of those asap
-Kai
BKNY

ian m

Feb 8, 2019, 5:58:02 PM2/8/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
My Clem

IMG_0775.JPG

Partner's Hillborne

IMG_0777(1).JPG

Coal Bee Rye Anne

Feb 9, 2019, 11:35:59 AM2/9/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
65cm Clem H last spring before being converted to a dad-bike with additional accessories. Currently in hibernation.
6E524688-29F1-49C2-BDC4-974204E893C3.jpeg

Ben Obrien

Feb 9, 2019, 11:53:51 AM2/9/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

IMG-0402.JPG

2009? Quickbeam...pic from a ride last fall with a few guys from this group.

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 2:29:13 PM UTC-5, Adam Leibow wrote:

hi all, i want to create a thread where you just post a picture of your rivendell(s) whenever you feel like it. hope this is OK w/ the mods. i love lookin at pics of em all day. i will start with my sam hillborne.

IMG_3920.jpeg

Nick Lindsey

Feb 9, 2019, 11:54:39 AM2/9/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful picture. Would you mind confirming the brand name of the front rack?

Thank you,
Nick

Sent from my iPad

> On Feb 3, 2019, at 1:23 PM, ccli...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> The world’s southernmost pair of Hunqapillars, in Dunedin, NZ.

> <0EDEF94E-4860-4792-B13E-6486DBFF5402.jpeg>

Eric Daume

Feb 10, 2019, 8:26:59 AM2/10/19
to rbw-owners-bunch
My new Quickbeam on my first ride yesterday morning:

IMG_1165.JPG

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 2:29 PM Adam Leibow <ad...@pritchardpeck.com> wrote:

hi all, i want to create a thread where you just post a picture of your rivendell(s) whenever you feel like it. hope this is OK w/ the mods. i love lookin at pics of em all day. i will start with my sam hillborne.

IMG_3920.jpeg

John M

Feb 10, 2019, 4:20:14 PM2/10/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

Photo op from today's snowy and cold ride up to Pinos Altos, NM which lies right on the Continental Divide.

Todd Ferguson

Feb 10, 2019, 4:54:58 PM2/10/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here's my upright 62 Quickbeam commuter in Prospect Park Brooklyn.

--Todd

Quickbeam.jpg

Kainalu V.

Feb 10, 2019, 8:47:58 PM2/10/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Justin and Mark asked about the Rosco Bubbe's racks, here's some photos. But first, the requisite riv photo, a new one without any racks yet and hardly any miles unfortunately (waiting for my 7 year old's legs to hit the pedals)
the Hubbahubbah-

20190206_180642.jpg

And here's those racks on the Rosco from my earlier post-

The rear rack

20190208_153440.jpg

20190208_153736.jpg

It's internal wiring run (exit)

20190208_153818.jpg

wiring entry

20190208_153758.jpg

And the front (also internally wired, but worse photos)

20190208_153616.jpg

there's that wire, in through the vertical member and to the rear via the horizontal)

20190208_153636.jpg

and the exit to the frame (not internally wired)

20190208_153645.jpg

and the lowrider hooks from hell (there's a little yellow cab left on the left one)

20190208_153713.jpg

Plenty of brass going where it shouldn't, but I was feeling no harm no foul and didn't clean the racks up.

Perhaps I was in too much of a hurry to get them on there?, I'm always too anxious to get them fitted and roll on with life. Maybe my tandem racks will be neater...

I did all the brazing with a simple Air/Acetylene torch, no bottled oxygen required and no breaks yet! (I've run them loaded to the gills with crap)

-Kai

BKNY

Evan E.

Feb 11, 2019, 11:32:21 PM2/11/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

Don Compton

Feb 12, 2019, 12:27:00 AM2/12/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Evan,
Thanks for posting. That is a beautiful bike. I used to have a 60cm Ram and rode a lot of long rides on it. Rams are the best.

Bruce Herbitter

Feb 12, 2019, 7:24:21 AM2/12/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful bike.  The solid rear dropout differs from the later Rams which have a window and the lug set is pointed instead of rounded as on later bikes.  Ooh that color!

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 11, 2019, at 10:32 PM, Evan E. <evanel...@gmail.com> wrote:

It is loading more messages.