Bike Rear View Mirrors

Beaverton Bob

Sep 19, 2019, 2:26:57 PM9/19/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
This morning, I overtook a guy and thought I may have been too abrupt or that he was trying to draft behind me.

I moved my eye up and to the left to check my rear view mirror.

I didn't see anything at first.

Then I remembered I didn't have my helmet on, and that I was actually walking.

Old habits...

For the record, I have a Bike Peddler Take A Look Mirror taped to my helmet.

Stay Safe,
Beaverton "Always Thinks He's On A Bike" Bob

eddietheflay

Sep 19, 2019, 2:57:00 PM9/19/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
me too. same mirror. go walking and think I can see behind me...but I can't...unless I go full dork all the time.

Beaverton Bob

Sep 19, 2019, 7:29:18 PM9/19/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Kieran J

Sep 20, 2019, 11:46:34 AM9/20/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Nice habit!

One of my pet peeves is other cyclists or pedestrians NOT doing the mirror/shoulder check when stepping out or passing. They just drift right out.
It's these people that need to have a rear-view mirror glued permanently to the side of their head :-S

KJ

Beaverton Bob

Sep 20, 2019, 1:43:48 PM9/20/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
That is true. Thanks for sharing! We should all be careful, as we are likely in the minority with being extra safe.