Riv Atlantis MTB Video

YQ

Dec 11, 2019, 11:05:33 PM12/11/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi everyone -- I really enjoy reading the group's ride reports and checking out the great pictures of different folks' rides. I thought I would share a video that I put together of my Atlantis doing some riding in the Santa Cruz Mountains.  Link is below. Hope you enjoy.

dougP

Dec 12, 2019, 12:01:52 AM12/12/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Well done; thanks for posting.  Looks like you're having a lot of fun.

dougP

A. Nostuh

Dec 12, 2019, 12:05:29 AM12/12/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Dreamy

Drw

Dec 12, 2019, 12:18:32 AM12/12/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Real fun and pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Mark Roland

Dec 12, 2019, 6:40:50 AM12/12/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Amazing! I knew Rivendells were special bicycles, but I had no idea you didn't have to pedal them!;^)

Jason D

Dec 12, 2019, 11:16:31 AM12/12/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
What a cool video! Looks like a beautiful place to ride. Thanks for sharing!

J Edward

Dec 12, 2019, 12:29:17 PM12/12/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
This is fantastic and really makes me wish I was out riding in the woods instead of being at work. I’ve always wanted an Atlantis, but seeing you have so much fun on yours makes me want one even more!

Also, what saddle is that? I’ve got a buddy who desperately needs a saddle upgrade and is also a camo nut!

Richard Rios

Dec 12, 2019, 2:03:59 PM12/12/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Sweet! Nicely done 👍. ❤ it!

Bob Ehrenbeck

Dec 12, 2019, 2:30:57 PM12/12/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Beautiful; well done!

Mark Schneider

Dec 12, 2019, 11:02:00 PM12/12/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
That was fun, thanks for the share.
You definitely put your Atlantis through its paces.
Is this a MIT frame?

Thanks
Mark
Pescadero

Jim M.

Dec 13, 2019, 2:02:02 PM12/13/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Excellent work! Reminds me of the videos that Jay Ritchey did for RBW. Did you use an iphone?

jim m
wc, ca

RichS

Dec 13, 2019, 10:07:16 PM12/13/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
That’s some impressive riding; way above my capability!
Well done on the video too.

Best,
Rich in ATL

Paul Clifton

Dec 13, 2019, 10:22:40 PM12/13/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
So nice! SUPER NICE!

Is that your main mountain bike?

Please share more photos/videos/whatever of single track riding on Rivendells.

I've been riding mine around NW Arkansas, and it's fantastic. Even when the trails get gnarly, it just takes a good line choice and some thoughtful pedaling. The rock gardens and baby heads here are intense, but still fun to ride on my Riv.

YQ

Dec 14, 2019, 12:14:34 AM12/14/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thank you all for the very nice comments -- I really appreciate it! To answer the questions I received:

J Edward -- the saddle is a WTB Pure V. The camo color is a Blue Lug exclusive.

Mark -- yes, it's an MIT frame.

Jim -- yes, shot on my iPhone.

Paul -- yes, it's my main mountain bike and my only bike; so I use it for everything.

Thanks again!

Omar Sandoval

Dec 14, 2019, 12:43:46 AM12/14/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
You got some great shots! Thanks for sharing.

brendonoid

Dec 14, 2019, 12:58:10 AM12/14/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
This was a wonderful video with some very nice shots.
The world needs a lot more videos with Rivs in them. Thank you for doing your part!

Kurt Henry

Dec 27, 2019, 11:45:32 AM12/27/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
I agree, really cool video!  I had the same question already asked about MIT Atlantis vs. MUSA, but I'm also curious about the brakes on the rear.  I couldn't ID them from the quick glimpse, what are they?  I really did NOT need to see this video.  I'd been "Atlantis curious" in the past, then recently saw a pic of one with flat bars and got curious again.  Promptly talked myself out of it.  Touring bike, probably not really suitable for trails.  Nope, now that defense mechanism for myself is out the window.  Seemed to handle trails just fine, or at least the kind I would consider riding on.
Thank you for posting!
Kurt Henry
Lancaster, PA

Messages

Dec 31, 2019, 2:34:58 AM12/31/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Kurt! The frame is MIT and the brakes are Paul Motolites.

Yakeen

Sent from my iPhone

Dave Johnston

Jan 20, 2020, 8:47:42 AM1/20/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Nice video, very calming music and such nice clean smooth trails.
Around here in VA the trail are under 2" of leaves and mud and there are lots of roots and sticks below those leaves. Maybe add in one segment of grinding uphill :p

Dave in Virginia

Dave Johnston

Jan 20, 2020, 8:56:23 AM1/20/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Here is my Toyo Atlantis on a Trail around the lake at Hungry Mother State Park. Compass Rat Trap at the time but I prefer some tread for trail work and skinnier tires for road work.

DSC06041.JPG

Tom Horton

Jan 27, 2020, 2:23:38 PM1/27/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
great video. I am feeling sooooo sedate, pedaling my atlantis over to teach my first class of the semester.

Reid Echols

Jan 27, 2020, 3:18:39 PM1/27/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Can attest to my Joe serving pretty well as a mountain bike, which is the role it plays for me. Can’t wait to install the new Cliffhanger wheelset for some additional tubeless comfort. I also ride mine up to the university to teach!

Reid in (rocky, rooty) Austin
F6882280-1279-4E2B-A82C-86C2223A2EBF.jpeg

Patrick Moore

Jan 27, 2020, 4:30:01 PM1/27/20
to rbw-owners-bunch
YQ, whoeverthehellhe/she/it is (what, pray, is your name?): Great video, and I'm picky, or perhaps just easily bored. Kudos. Question: Are you in any way a professional videographer?

Me, I know nothing about the video art, but my daughter is a 2nd semester freshman majoring in "film" at NWU, so we've discussed and analyzed and watched more than I would have done on my own. At any rate, again, kudos.

'Nother question: Why only downhill? I love watching cyclists climb.

But, to finish, your video is on a par with The Deacon's photos. Thanks for sharing.

YQ

Jan 29, 2020, 12:08:26 AM1/29/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks to the group for all the nice comments on the video!

Patrick, I'm in no way a professional videographer; I shot this with my iPhone and a small tripod. But I really appreciate your comments. The reason I didn't show any climbing is because I wanted the video to just be fast and kind of dreamy. I edited out all the climbing (which was basically every time I set up the tripod for a shot, I had to quickly climb back up the trail and then ride the downhill section a few times to get a good clip). But I will definitely keep that it mind if I make another video.

Thanks again,
Yakeen

Patrick Moore

Jan 29, 2020, 1:06:50 AM1/29/20
to rbw-owners-bunch
PDG for a shoot using just an iPhone!

Post some more, please, when you have them.

Patrick Moore

Andrew Letton

Jan 29, 2020, 6:30:41 AM1/29/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Great video, Yakeen!
Seeing all the redwoods, madrone, and manzanita makes me miss my home turf of the Santa Cruz Mountains!
Where in the Mountains was that filmed?
cheers,
Andrew in Sydney

YQ

Feb 4, 2020, 12:57:54 AM2/4/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Patrick -- thank you, will do!

Andrew --  thank you! It was filmed around Bear Mountain.

Ryan M.

Feb 6, 2020, 7:56:15 AM2/6/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Great video, thanks for posting it. Looks like lovely trail...mostly smoothed out and flowy. Looks like fun.