Stainless bottle/ cage recommendation

Bernard Duhon

Feb 25, 2024, 10:03:35 PMFeb 25
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Mates,

I would like to migrate to a stainless water bottle.  Most folks with em I noticed a rattle I could not tolerate.

Recommendation for a rattle free stainless bottle & cage ( of any composition)

Eric Norris

Feb 25, 2024, 10:52:55 PMFeb 25
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
These have worked well for me. Adjustable fit to keep the bottle firmly in place.

John Rinker

Feb 25, 2024, 11:07:16 PMFeb 25
to RBW Owners Bunch
I've enjoyed the Iris King cages. Very secure and quite elegant looking.
Screen Shot 2024-02-25 at 8.06.35 PM.png
Cheers, John

John Dewey

Feb 25, 2024, 11:33:57 PMFeb 25
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
+ 1 Iris. Simple, indestructible, elegant shape,

Jock

Adam Moss

Feb 26, 2024, 12:23:42 AMFeb 26
to RBW Owners Bunch
+1 for king cages and I’ve recently discovered Bivo water bottles. They’re excellent and silent.

Brian Turner

Feb 26, 2024, 7:24:22 AMFeb 26
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
King Iris, Delta INOX, VO Touriste… all the same basic design but at varying price points. Personally, I have the INOX cages on all my bikes. They don’t have the shiny finish of the King, or VO versions. Most people ask me if they are titanium, but they are just stainless.

I use the Kleen Kanteen classic stainless bottles with them, and it looks classy and doesn’t rattle.
image0.jpeg

On Feb 26, 2024, at 12:23 AM, Adam Moss <ocea...@gmail.com> wrote:

+1 for king cages and I’ve recently discovered Bivo water bottles. They’re excellent and silent.

William Watson

Feb 26, 2024, 6:28:52 PMFeb 26
to RBW Owners Bunch
I've settled on Nitto R cages and Bivo water bottles. I like this combo; no rattle yet.

I have both the insulated and uninsulated bivos that I swap depending on weather. It's nice to not have ice cold water on cold days in Minneapolis.

iamkeith

Feb 27, 2024, 5:53:34 AMFeb 27
to RBW Owners Bunch

Salsa Nickless Cage is my favorite.  Kind of a copy of the Nitto R, with fatter tubing and a lot cheaper.

Caroline Golum

Feb 27, 2024, 8:27:40 AMFeb 27
to RBW Owners Bunch
Gonna throw my hat in the ring for the Arundel stainless steel cage, which I've had for 10+ years without a hitch. And it's slightly adjustable as the steel has some give to it. I've put whole bottles of wine in there, iced coffee cups, my regular Yeti, etc. https://www.biketiresdirect.com/product/arundel-stainless-steel-bottle-cage?adl=1&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiArfauBhApEiwAeoB7qJY2LE6AjEPFs4ISofj1-YeVOCe5M2K-Uf8yY8I5FzTODM30xouNXhoCtb8QAvD_BwE

Patrick Moore

Feb 27, 2024, 11:12:44 AMFeb 27
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Will: where do you find those screw-top, stainless steel, insulated Bivos? I just looked and found only the usual pop-spout type.

Thanks.

In other news: REI was recently having a 1/2 price sale on their "Microlite" ss insulated bottles; these have a full-coverage flip-up spout cover which I really like for dirt (= horse leavings) riding around here.

Cages: Iris all the way. (Remember breaking 2 expensive and very beautiful Nitto cages with 28 oz bottles.)

--

Patrick Moore

Executive resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, letters, and other writing services

When thou didst not, savage, know thine own meaning,

But wouldst gabble like a thing most brutish,

I endowed thy purposes with words that made them known.

Patrick Moore

Feb 27, 2024, 11:14:33 AMFeb 27
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Actually, those Arundels look very possible since the design would readily expand to accept slightly oversized bottles like the REI Microlite. Must look into those.

Russell Duncan

Feb 27, 2024, 7:02:29 PMFeb 27
to RBW Owners Bunch
IMG_0364.jpegK

My choices: King cages and Polar water bottles, both made in Colorado.

Russell Duncan
Western Massachusetts

William Watson

Feb 28, 2024, 11:52:50 AMFeb 28
to RBW Owners Bunch
Patrick: i just have the Bivo in the pop-spout type. They are a little funky with the air straw thing, but I like them. I am careful not to leave water in them over a period of days because the lid/straw is finicky to clean.

Jay P

Feb 28, 2024, 10:12:58 PMFeb 28
to RBW Owners Bunch
For stainless bottles I have liked these insulated 17oz bottles -- $15 for a pair from Amazon -- that work well in King Iris cages  (search for "fine dine 17 oz" and you'll find).

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 7.11.42 PM.png

Sarah Carlson

Feb 29, 2024, 8:29:14 AMFeb 29
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thank you for the Bivo suggestion, those are just what I have been looking for. I ordered two and am going to give them a test run soon!

Sarah

Justin Kennedy

Feb 29, 2024, 9:22:44 AMFeb 29
to RBW Owners Bunch
I have a Klean Kanteen 800ml w/ a bamboo top. The top would rattle a little during rides but I put a tiny strip of Newbaum's on it and it's now rattle free. It fits snugly in a King Iris cage.

Pam Bikes

Feb 29, 2024, 7:43:45 PMFeb 29
to RBW Owners Bunch
Arundel Looney Bins are adjustable and can hold all my bottles - Thermos, Nalgene, Swell, Polar Bottle, Corksicle....Dial holds it tight so no rattles.

christian poppell

Feb 29, 2024, 9:56:05 PMFeb 29
to RBW Owners Bunch
I have this Bivo and use Nitto R cages I purchased from the list. No rattles and the bottle goes in and out of the cage smoothly with no rattling. I've been really impressed with the Bivo. Its easy to drink from and keeps ice super long, even during the summer here in Phoenix, (~115F). Another bonus is the water does not taste like plastic.

And if you're averse to logos, the Bivo logo came off easily with acetone on the un-painted stainless model. (I own this one https://drinkbivo.com/products/bivo-trio?variant=42287836954810)

Christian
Quietly hydrated in Phoenix, AZ

Bernard Duhon

Mar 10, 2024, 9:19:53 PMMar 10
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the bottle/cage suggestions.

As fate would have it my LBS just received camelback’s Podium insulated stainless water bottle.

I got to touch & feel & buy & support.

Put in on my 17 year old Stainless King cage & voila no rattle & easy flow of water.

Now I don’t know what to do with the plastic cage I bought , just in case😉

On Sunday, February 25, 2024 at 7:52:55PM UTC-8 campyo...@me.com wrote:

These have worked well for me. Adjustable fit to keep the bottle firmly in place.

--Eric Norris
campyo...@me.com
Insta: @CampyOnlyGuy
YouTube: YouTube.com/CampyOnlyGuy