FS: 59cm Square Rivendell Road with S&S Couplers

Karl

Aug 17, 2020, 6:08:12 PM8/17/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thinning a bit. This one is collecting too much dust. XT Rear, Chorus front, Phil Wood wheels, S&S Couplers. Saddle can be included or will take $25 off without. Saddle bag not included. I bought this, but soon after bought a different Rivendell with S&S's. Pictures at https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B16GDdyTvGSqI5R

Would like $2000 to me. Would LOVE local pickup, or a road trip... but can pack and ship for cost.

Karl
Nashville, TN

Karl

Aug 17, 2020, 11:18:08 PM8/17/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Maybe I am off... hmmm, what if I throw in a second Rivendell Road frame that is a 58 square and would be a great spandex machine!

Lyman Labry

Aug 18, 2020, 11:17:35 AM8/18/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Nice bike. I’m not familiar with the term “square” in  Bicycle frames. What is meant by that?
Thanks

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/b98f549a-c2cf-42d5-9bdc-ee65db7fb30fn%40googlegroups.com.

Robert Tilley

Aug 18, 2020, 11:51:18 AM8/18/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
The top tube & seat tube lengths are equal.

Robert Tilley
San Diego, CA

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device
Sent: August 18, 2020 8:17 AM
Subject: Re: [RBW] Re: FS: 59cm Square Rivendell Road with S&S Couplers

Lyman Labry

Aug 18, 2020, 1:40:24 PM8/18/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I’ll need to read up on that.  I like the coupler option.

Karl

Aug 18, 2020, 8:12:07 PM8/18/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
She would look good on you Tirebiter! Thanks for the reply Robert!

Karl
Nash, TN

Lyman Labry

Aug 18, 2020, 9:52:35 PM8/18/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
A couple of questions. I’m fairly new to Rivendell.  Wondering if you could comment.
How different would this ride feel compared to the latest version of AHH?
Top tube is level or so it appears?
Stem is short.  5cm?
What is PBH range for this frame?
While Riv bike owners are not weight conscious, still, I’d like to know what this bike weighs.  It matters if I’m schlepping it in a suitcase in taxis and airports.
Thanks
Lyman in ATX

Karl

Aug 18, 2020, 10:31:03 PM8/18/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Welcome!
Should ride snappier... new AHH is longer wheelbase... but the AHH will fit wider tires. So, this would ride more traditional road.
Pretty level
7cm I believe.
I am 84.5...but like most men, I stretch it to 85. I’d say 83 to 87
Less than 30, but the wheels are quiet heavy so you could get it down in the upper 20s pretty easy
Hope that helps! My email is karl....@gmail.com if you have any other questions you want to chat private. Thanks!

Karl