Painted Appaloosa - Almost Like a New Bike Day!

Litho

Jun 9, 2020, 4:58:05 PM6/9/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I just picked up my freshly painted Appaloosa from Rick at D&D Cycles yesterday and spent the evening getting it all back together.  Rick did a fantastic job!  It's soooo damn pretty.  I've wanted an orange bike for going on 30 years, but every time I go to purchase an orange one, something else presents itself.  This time, I took matters into my own hands and had my lovely Appaloosa converted to the color of my dreams.  I bought this bike the day I went to Riv intent on purchasing an orange Hillborne.  After talking to Vince about the riding I was planning on doing, he suggested I take the Appaloosa for a spin.  He was right and I opted for the right bike over the right color.

The orange is little brighter than the recent orange Appaloosa (having seen it in person) and is exactly what I've wanted.  I think I'm going to swap out the brown saddle for the black one on my Atlantis.  I took it out for a spin around the Napa Valley this morning and thought I'd share some pictures.

Appaloosa_03.jpg

Appaloosa_07.jpg

Appaloosa_06.jpg

Appaloosa_04.jpg

Appaloosa_05.jpg

James Valiensi

Will Ashe

Jun 9, 2020, 5:28:07 PM6/9/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

This color is pretty similar to my new-to-me MUSA Homer. Enjoy the fresh paint!

Will in Austin

Bill Lindsay

Jun 9, 2020, 5:34:40 PM6/9/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
You can't spell APPROVE without the APP from APPALOOSA

APPROVE

Ray Evans

Jun 9, 2020, 5:37:53 PM6/9/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I have NEVER wanted an orange bike. I do now! That is one beautiful bike in the Napa sunshine!

Roberta

Jun 9, 2020, 10:06:27 PM6/9/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
It's beautiful, even more so with the blue contrasts. Your story is similar to mine: I went to Gravel and Grind to do one last test ride of their selection of bikes and expected to order a S hillborne. I went home with a Joe Appaloosa! That ride is special! Here's to many wonderful miles for you.
Roberta

Chris L

Jun 9, 2020, 11:32:18 PM6/9/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I've always thought that, when done right, orange is an excellent bicycle color.  Your Appaloosa is one of the best looking orange bikes I've seen.

Congrats!

Pancake

Jun 11, 2020, 10:50:50 AM6/11/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Great bike on a perfect section of road - Yount Mill Rd is my favorite spot out there, just wish the Vine Trail connection going north from there would get started soon. One day we'll be able to ride the Bay Trail / Vine Trail from the ferry in Vallejo up to Calistoga, 47 miles of rolling road, I can't wait!
Abe

Litho

Jun 11, 2020, 3:08:22 PM6/11/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
It's a fact.

Litho

Jun 11, 2020, 3:11:44 PM6/11/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I've been loving the Vine Trail for my less adventurous rides. The loop up to Yountville and around Yount Mill road has been my standard ride for the past few months.  Having ridden in the valley for decades, I can say that I absolutely hate riding on the roads, particularly with all of the tourists out wine tasting.  Too many accidents.  Too many close calls.  A path the length of the valley has been needed for a LONG time.

Erik