FS: 58cm Appaloosa Double Top Tube Disc Brake

eric swain

Apr 8, 2024, 6:55:05 PMApr 8
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hey folks,

Some of you may remember I tried selling my Appaloosa back in 2020. Well at that time I decided to keep it, change a few parts, and have really enjoyed it since then. Fun bike to ride, great set up for commuting, running errands, dawdling around the neighborhood, and general bicycle shenanigans. Fast forward to present times: my quiver has grown to a ridiculous amount of bikes, my personal riding focus has shifted, I have a new bike on the way, and I may be moving soon. I do not have room for every bike and with a potential move I need scale back on large items, like bikes. So this one is back up for sale!

I am asking $2000 as pictured(minus pedals). Including the Outershell Wald 137 basket bag, Makeshifter Snackhole stem bag, Zefal frame pump, Paul Gino light mount, and King cages. Bike is located in Portland OR. Test rides are welcome. Boxing and shipping is no problem. Here is a link to more pics and the geo.

Thanks,
Eric

eric swain

Apr 8, 2024, 6:56:42 PMApr 8
to RBW Owners Bunch
And here is a full list of parts.

Frame & fork: 58cm Joe Appaloosa with double top tubes AND disc brake tabs added by Walt Works.
Headset: Tange Levin CDS
Stem:  Crust/Nitto, 31.8mm, 75mm, silver
Handlebars: Tumbleweed Persuader, steel, cut to 760mm
Grips: DMR Deathgrip
Brake levers: Shimano BL-M600
Brakes: Paul Klampers, long pull, Paul brake adapters. Avid Clean Sweep G2 160mm Rotors
Shifters: Shimano XT SL-M750
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore RD-M591
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT Triple
Cassette: Sram PG-950 9 speed, 11-34
Chain: Sram PC-951
Cranks: Shimano Deore FC-MT60, 175mm, 110/74 bcd, Shimano chain rings 46t/30t(46 mounted in the middle position, 30 in the small ring position)
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN55 68 x 118mm
Pedals: No pedals, I'm keeping the Speedplay platforms currently installed.
Hubs: Profile Racing Elite 6 bolt disc, 32h, black, QR, HG 11 speed road freehub body, Shimano XT skewers. I'll also include the end caps and hardware to convert hubs to bolt on.
Rims: Sun Ringle Rhyno Lites, 32h, black with machined sidewalls
Spokes/nipples, DT Swiss Competition, black, DT Swiss silver brass nipples
Tires: Schwalbe Marathon 700 x 50, regular inner tubes
Seat Post: Thomson Elite, silver. I'll include the Nitto post as well.
Saddle: Brooks Cambium C17
Front rack: Nitto Mark's Rack, silver with Wald 137 Basket
Fenders: Planet Bike Cascadia 29 x 65mm, Black

Patrick Moore

Apr 8, 2024, 7:38:40 PMApr 8
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Nice. I find disc-brake retro-equipped Rivendells rather interesting; I know another person retrofitted them to a very nice Atlantis.

Who else has done this, and why?

Me, I like discs for dirt riding tho' they don't add anything for my pavement riding.

Patrick Moore

Executive resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, letters, and other writing services

When thou didst not, savage, know thine own meaning,

But wouldst gabble like a thing most brutish,

I endowed thy purposes with words that made them known.

eric swain

Apr 22, 2024, 1:59:51 PMApr 22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Bump.

I'd also part it out. Frame/fork/headset/seat post/front rack/stem $1000.

eric swain

May 2, 2024, 12:18:19 PMMay 2
to RBW Owners Bunch
Sold.

Johnny Burrell

May 7, 2024, 12:20:20 PMMay 7
to RBW Owners Bunch
If you sold it parted out, I'd love to have the Mark's front rack.

Eric Swain

May 7, 2024, 11:03:46 PMMay 7
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, Johnny. Sold the bike as pictured. Those racks pop up on here every now and then, be patient.