FS: 52cm Clem-L, 2016 $1500

anniebikes

Jun 23, 2022, 10:56:04 AM6/23/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
For sale is my Rivendell Clem step through. It's been well taken care of with low mileage - less than 1000 miles. I have upgraded it to lighten it, but it no longer fits my image of the perfect touring bike.

For pick up only in Vermont.

Stock parts include drivetrain with wide low double gearing: 24, 38 chainrings with 34-16 cassette, 650B wheels, Nitto stem, thumb shifters.

Upgrades include Soma Oxford handle bar, Selle Royal ergonomic grips, SKS fenders, rear rack, Sunlite front rack, and Panaracer Pasela PT 1.75 tires.

Minor scratches, always stored indoors.

Craigslist ad with lots of photos:

Doug H.

Jun 23, 2022, 9:23:54 PM6/23/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Beautiful bike and so well equipped. I think this is a DEAL!
Doug

anniebikes

Jun 24, 2022, 12:13:27 PM6/24/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I need to find a New England buyer. After reading all the shipping woes (chipped paint), no way am I planning on shipping this baby!

Richard Rose

Jun 24, 2022, 5:34:25 PM6/24/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
If you find a buyer that requires shipping just take it to Analog to box / ship. They do it every day & it will be worth it to the buyer to know it is done right.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 24, 2022, at 12:13 PM, anniebikes <anniebi...@gmail.com> wrote:

I need to find a New England buyer. After reading all the shipping woes (chipped paint), no way am I planning on shipping this baby!

David Person

Jun 24, 2022, 5:40:22 PM6/24/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Wishing you success in finding a local buyer.  I've enjoyed your blog for years.

David

Wesley

Jun 24, 2022, 7:21:02 PM6/24/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Annie,
I just read your blog post about selling the Clem. You mentioned problems getting it into an Amtrak rack... is the bike just too long to fit on Amtrak, even if weight were not a problem? I am looking at a Clem but have worried about exactly that issue.
-Wes

anniebikes

Jun 25, 2022, 10:03:03 AM6/25/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks. Yes, I believe it's fairly priced and a good deal to the right buyer. Holy smokes, can't believe that crank is selling for $280 new!

anniebikes

Jun 25, 2022, 10:04:33 AM6/25/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Analog is 3 hours away, not ideal for me, but appreciate the suggestion.

anniebikes

Jun 25, 2022, 10:05:49 AM6/25/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Wes, I think the length exceeded Amtrak max. dimensions by 3" but it did fit.

anniebikes

Jun 25, 2022, 10:06:44 AM6/25/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks David.