Celebrating Triangulation

Marty Gierke, Stewartstown PA

Sep 24, 2022, 10:30:05 AM9/24/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I've always liked but never ridden a Moulton. The Space Frame concept is appealing on a number of levels, and the spin offs are many - some a little excessive IMHO. Fun to see how people are thinking about frames, structure, materials and assembly techniques. Here are just a few I've run across that got my attention:

Starting with the Moulton classic
43e339da98ee9cc2b1c1799047bcbce1.jpeg

This one a titanium riveted erector set style from BME Design
e7c56bb57935311f0a1574a3fe6e3f1e.jpeg

Here's the full view
0ceea0e490d7a78b1eb2eff691d507b8.jpeg
It's not easy being green - especially if you are the builder...
ff9068c50ab4db07256342404ef48b4d.jpeg
Another BME creation - carbon this time6cee7b5562bc58ec48649553c2d66562.jpeg
This last one is a little over the top...Wonder what the frame alone weighs?
fb92e58ad355408ada73e7c27a6084f5.jpeg

Not sure if any of these beats a classic diamond frame in terms of elegance, but I appreciate the effort that is evident in all of them. Please add your favorites if the mood strikes.

Marty

lconley

Sep 24, 2022, 11:00:33 AM9/24/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
The Classic Pastoorfiets:

pastoorfiets.JPG

Rivendell Roscoe Bubbe V1

tumblr_oa0tarSucD1voz7cio2_1280.jpg

Laing

Jon Dukeman

Sep 24, 2022, 12:46:45 PM9/24/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Pedersen..1893.

P1010010.JPG
P1010012.JPG

Marty Gierke, Stewartstown PA

Sep 24, 2022, 3:40:27 PM9/24/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
One I wish I had not sold damit: the ultra rare "Campeur-style" Rivendell Bombadil.

7575369944_10ba04426b_c.jpg

duh...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2022, 4:15:44 PM9/24/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
What a beauty! I wonder where it is now?

Eric Daume

Sep 24, 2022, 7:29:07 PM9/24/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
My practical side says those look really hard to clean.

Eric

shopmonkey 39

James Valiensi

Sep 26, 2022, 1:00:03 AM9/26/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I recently bought a Mouton. When I saw that PortaPed in AZ had one in orange, I jumped on it. They are hard to get and its rare to find the exact one you want in stock.
They ride really nice but are sensitive to tire selection. I get the best performance with Schwalbe One tires on it.

On Sep 24, 2022, at 7:30 AM, Marty Gierke, Stewartstown PA <martin...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

<fb92e58ad355408ada73e7c27a6084f5.jpeg><e7c56bb57935311f0a1574a3fe6e3f1e.jpeg><0ceea0e490d7a78b1eb2eff691d507b8.jpeg><ff9068c50ab4db07256342404ef48b4d.jpeg><43e339da98ee9cc2b1c1799047bcbce1.jpeg><6cee7b5562bc58ec48649553c2d66562.jpeg>

Craig Montgomery

Oct 2, 2022, 6:24:56 PM10/2/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
1910 Raleigh Cross Frame.
1912-RALEIGH-X-Frame-03-678x410.jpg
Craig in Tucson

Ryan

Oct 2, 2022, 9:12:58 PM10/2/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I would love to hear the story of the Campeur Bombadil....if it's not going to open old wounds