PSA: S&S Coupled Rambouillet on Craiglist $1000, Montana

Robert Hakim

Jul 17, 2019, 1:30:56 PM7/17/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Howdy folks,

I have no association with this seller but this bicycle was too unique and under-priced to not share with the group!

Please, someone go buy it before I make an audacious decision to drive up there and buy it myself.

ram2.jpg

ram3.jpg

ram1.jpg

Cheers,
Robert,
SLC, UT

Karl

Jul 17, 2019, 10:23:17 PM7/17/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Can anyone facilitate with this bike? I emailed earlier without a response. I assume because I asked to ship the bike. I have been looking for a coupled bike for a while! Thanks group!

Karl
Nashville, TN

Elias Hakim

Jul 17, 2019, 11:44:23 PM7/17/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Karl,
I would love to take a trip to Missoula- but truth be told if I was making the 9 hour drive I’d be buying the bike for myself!

Good luck finding someone with rubber on the dirt up there.

Cheers
Robert,
SLC, UT

Karl

Jul 18, 2019, 7:37:34 AM7/18/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks Robert! May be worth the scenic drive!!

Karl

John McBurney

Jul 18, 2019, 5:47:30 PM7/18/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Karl

There is a guy in Missoula who is moving to Greenville SC next week. If you want to to get the bike and have it delivered to Greenville LMK.

John

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 7:37 AM Karl <karl....@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Robert! May be worth the scenic drive!!

Karl

MCT

Jul 19, 2019, 4:40:44 PM7/19/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
My advise. Call a bike shop in the area and ask if they pack and ship bikes. Have the seller drop it off there. You pay the bike shop to pack and ship. I have done this in the past and worked.

Joe Bernard

Jul 20, 2019, 12:25:56 AM7/20/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Another - and probably cheaper - version of this is: have the shop pack the bike and give you dimensions, then you buy your own labels through Bike Flights or Ship Bikes and email them. This takes the shop out of the shipping business, which I've found they appreciate. All they do is charge you for packing, slap the labels on and wait for FedEx or UPS to show up.

LBleriot

Jul 20, 2019, 11:51:44 AM7/20/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
I think I am the new owner. I took a flyer, exchanged emails with the seller, and sent payment. Fingers crossed. My wife, having discovered Joe’s Atlantis in my driveway, simply arched her eyebrows at this latest adventure.

Joe Bernard

Jul 20, 2019, 1:29:42 PM7/20/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Flowers and chocolates, my man. Get on it! 😂

Elias Hakim

Jul 20, 2019, 2:01:07 PM7/20/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Flowers and chocolates indeed! Congrats on the purchase.

I do request a small finder’s fee of some better photos of the bike once it arrives!

Happy Riding,
Robert
SLC, UT

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 11:29 AM Joe Bernard <joer...@gmail.com> wrote:
Flowers and chocolates, my man. Get on it! 😂

Karl

Jul 20, 2019, 5:08:47 PM7/20/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Good job! If it doesn’t work out, I’d love first right! And yes! Better pictures!!

Karl
Nashville, TN

John McBurney

Jul 20, 2019, 5:15:19 PM7/20/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Sorry it didn’t work out. Such a nice bike. I really love that lugged Steel Nitto stem.

John

Message has been deleted

LBleriot

Jul 20, 2019, 10:49:11 PM7/20/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Joe—I’ve been riding the snot out of the Atlantis and really enjoying it.

Robert—I owe you a beer for posting the link. It’s a bit of unicorn and the seller seems to have taken care with it over the years.

I will definitely post pics when it lands in my garage. I love this group. Thanks again.