FS: Brooks "Brick Lane" panniers, VG, black, $115 + shipping

Patrick Moore

Mar 14, 2024, 4:48:09 PMMar 14
to internet-bob, rbw-owners-bunch
30 liters capacity, black, heavy, very sturdy cotton canvas, lined, very little used, only signs of use some dust and the 1/4-height coroplast stiffeners I riveted in. They hold a surprising amount for their nominal size.

The panniers are joined and drape over the rack to which they attach via leather straps on the underside of the joining fabric. Leather straps close the flaps and there are interior compartment straps to help hold loads together.

These work better with some racks instead of others. With my somewhat minimalist rack, the trailing bottom edges would brush the spokes when the bags were heavily loaded so I riveted in 1/4-height coroplast stiffeners. Note that the stiffeners prevent the bags from being rolled up; see photo. That didn't bother me but you should be aware of this.

My loss is your gain. I traded a nice Rivendell Sackville Medium saddlebag for these, and they're very nice, but with my rack the heels of my size 10s occasionally flick the forward edges as I pedal when the bags are loaded.

$115 plus actual shipping cost, net to me, please.

Please reply offlist.

Thanks, Patrick Moore

--

Patrick Moore

Executive resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, letters, and other writing services

When thou didst not, savage, know thine own meaning,

But wouldst gabble like a thing most brutish,

I endowed thy purposes with words that made them known.

BRICK LANE SIDE.jpg
BRICK LANE TOP.jpg
BRICK LANE UNDERSIDE.jpg
BRICK LANE STIFFENER.jpg

Patrick Moore

Mar 14, 2024, 4:56:23 PMMar 14
to internet-bob, rbw-owners-bunch
I should add this: 13.8 wide X 4.7 "thick" X 14.2 high in American Freedom Units or 360 mm wide X 120 mm "thick" X 360 mm.

https://www.brooksengland.com/en_us/brick-lane-pannier.html

Patrick Moore

Mar 15, 2024, 3:32:31 PMMar 15
to internet-bob, rbw-owners-bunch
I was wrong about the "lining:" the interior (cotton) canvas is white and it sure looks like a lining but it ain't.

So, reduced to $100 + actual shipping.

I think you can remove the pop rivets holding the stiffeners on, either by drilling out the heads, on the outside of the bag, or using good dykes to clip off the squozen ends, inside the bag.

Note: I used these on a rack with a 3" wide platform; they worked fine except for lack of heel clearance and, absent stiffening, the aft bottom end brushing the spokes under load -- this is not a problem with the stiffeners.
BRICK LANE SIDE.jpg
BRICK LANE TOP.jpg
BRICK LANE UNDERSIDE.jpg
BRICK LANE STIFFENER.jpg