Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Patrick Moore

ungelesen,
10.06.2020, 11:20:2410.06.20
an rbw-owners-bunch
Sorry for broadcasting this, but I don't have Patrick's email address.

Patrick: What fixed gear hubs have you had most success with offroad? I'd like to replace the Surly 130 mm OL hub with some 120 OL hub, but I've not bought a fixed hub except for 2 ENOs since 2006.

The newer model of the Surly (with the replacement axle) seems bulletproof, but I daresay yours might be even more bullet proof.

SIlver, 120 mm, 32 hole, hollow axle for QR or allen bolts. Fixed/fixed preferred but fixed/free or even fixed/nothing acceptable.

Thanks.

Patrick Moore

Deacon Patrick

ungelesen,
10.06.2020, 15:31:5410.06.20
an RBW Owners Bunch
Paul and Phil. The Paul needed the bearings replaced after a year, so I put in Phil bearings. Grin. Doing it again, I'd go Phil. Surly is attractive for the price, but the price of having to redo a wheel dissuaded me from testing it out for my riding.

With abandon,
Patrick

Patrick Moore

ungelesen,
10.06.2020, 17:52:5010.06.20
an rbw-owners-bunch
Thanks, Patrick. As it stands, with more advice and research, I have asked the shop to order me the latest Surly fixed/fixed hub; I have Phils on the gofast, but IME, the Surly bearings seem to be as long lasting*, at least in my conditions. I am tempted by the just-plain-niceness of the Phils, thought, and after hearing your report on the Pauls, would probably choose Phil if I decide/decided to order for looks.

* I preemptively replaced the Phil's bearings at about 13K when I had the Phil bb bearings replaced and the frame altered; the (130 mm hub) Surlys have ~11K and more dirt and rain and still feel new.

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten