WTB: Rosco Platypus 50cm Purple

Dan Vee

Jan 24, 2023, 6:59:31 AM1/24/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hey.

Curious if anyone here might have one they are looking to sell?  Could be a frameset or possibly a complete.

Thanks
-Dan

Johnny Alien

Jan 24, 2023, 8:23:25 AM1/24/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Maybe you should call and ask Rivendell. They said at the end of the year that they had some back stock of all sizes and colors of the Rosco Platy. Its not listed on the site though.

Eliot Balogh

Jan 24, 2023, 12:16:26 PM1/24/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Crust has all sizes right now. You don’t even have to pay twice for shipping.

J G

Jan 24, 2023, 5:44:02 PM1/24/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Regarding end of year stock:  They were restocked on the site at end of year with a limited amount and have all sold.

Regarding Crust:  I think they just have the Platy in stock, not the Rosco Platy.

Joe Bernard

Jan 24, 2023, 5:46:40 PM1/24/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Also of anybody wants the 55 Mermaid Rosco Platy prototype it may still be there. I thought Riv was going to post it for sale but I've never seen it..call em up!

Eliot Balogh

Jan 24, 2023, 5:56:23 PM1/24/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
What’s the diff between the Platy and Rosco Platy ?

Joe Bernard

Jan 24, 2023, 6:02:50 PM1/24/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
This link is the long version. Shorter: It's TIG-welded instead of lugged, doesn't have the midstays in the rear triangle. To my eye it's a more utilitarian-looking Platypus. That's a compliment cuz I also think it looks like a non-lugged version of my custom.

Screenshot_20230124_150220.jpg

Joe Bernard

Jan 24, 2023, 6:03:46 PM1/24/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

DavidP

Jan 24, 2023, 6:59:18 PM1/24/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
About $400. (+ what Joe said)

I ended up buying a regular/swoopy Platy but it was the Rosco (and its price) that first got me thinking about the possibilities of a Riv step-through.

-Dave

Johnny Alien

Jan 24, 2023, 10:48:30 PM1/24/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
I guess the odds are that Rivendell is completely sold out but I have always learned to call and ask. I have gotten all kinds of sold out stuff from them because they "didn't know they had it" or "forgot to list it"

dane...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2023, 10:22:33 AM1/26/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
You guys weren't wrong! Will sent me a photo of a complete demo they are selling.

-Dan

Johnny Alien

Jan 26, 2023, 11:54:22 AM1/26/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Congrats!! Its amazing how many time Rivendell has come through with "sold out" stuff. Share photos here too

Joe Bernard

Jan 26, 2023, 3:22:36 PM1/26/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Nice! Is it the 55 I mentioned or did you find a 50?

maxcr

Jan 27, 2023, 5:19:28 PM1/27/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
For other Rosco Platypus seekers, this looks like a great deal for a 60cm purple:

Max

Ryan

Jan 27, 2023, 10:06:24 PM1/27/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Call Riv...you might get lucky

Oops...sorry looks like it's gone

Johnny Alien

Jan 27, 2023, 10:53:29 PM1/27/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
I believe its gone because Dan bought it.

dane...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2023, 7:45:50 AM1/28/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hey!

Actually, I didn't buy it as I'm really just lookin for a frame set not a complete bike.  Someone on the list does have one they are willing to sell and I'm thinking it over right now.  Thanks for the help guys.

-Dan
Jersey