Max tire on the MIT Atlantis

Hugh Smitham

Oct 23, 2021, 9:29:06 PM10/23/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
This here is a call out to those with an MIT Atlantis.

What's the largest MTB tire you've successfully squeezed on the old girl? Looking to put some meat on the Atlantis, 2.4 would be ideal but I notice the Rivendell Geo chart has 2.2 as the max. James at Riv said 2.35" so figured I'd ask current owners.

TIA,

Hugh n LA

lucky...@gmail.com

lucky...@gmail.com

Hugh Smitham

Oct 23, 2021, 10:08:32 PM10/23/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
I appreciate the offer but I'm looking for the 2018 to present model Atlantis clearance.

Hugh

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/A0AD0980-2E15-47B4-B67F-EB52EDAFB9B9%40gmail.com.

Hugh Smitham

Oct 23, 2021, 10:09:57 PM10/23/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
I should have been more specific, I have a 53cm, so 650b x largest size anyone has been successful with.

Hugh n LA

Applegate

Oct 24, 2021, 1:32:45 AM10/24/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Hugh,
I was able to get 700c x 60mm/2.35" G-One Speed tires mounted to Cliffhanger rims on my MIT 55cm with no chainline interference. Even put a Simworks x Nitto Flat 65 fender over it.

IMG_2347.jpeg

Hugh Smitham

Oct 24, 2021, 1:36:15 AM10/24/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks! G1 is a micro knob so makes sense. I just calipered my Atlantis, so your tire and size jives.

Hugh n LA

Erik

Oct 24, 2021, 4:07:57 PM10/24/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
I ran 2.2 Continental Trail Kings on the 53.  They fit just fine without any rubbing or chainline interference.  The 2.35 max James indicated tracks with my experience!

Erik

Michael Williams

Oct 24, 2021, 4:20:03 PM10/24/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hey Hugh,   I’ve run 2.35 Racing Ralphs on my 59 MIT Atlantis, no fender.   Could do a 2.25 w/ fender.    -Mike

Sent from my iPhone
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/6857ad84-1b2d-496d-8836-ab5b963ff972n%40googlegroups.com.

Hugh Smitham

Oct 24, 2021, 6:52:59 PM10/24/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Erik,

Thanks! I wanted to run some Rene Herse 27.5″ x 2.2″ (650B x 55) Umtanum Ridge TC Tire but seems that's not in the cards. I'm leaning towards the bontrager XR3s in a 2.2" I appreciate the confirmation.

Hugh

Hugh Smitham

Oct 24, 2021, 6:53:53 PM10/24/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Michael,

Your Atlantis takes 700c correct?

Hugh

Michael Williams

Oct 24, 2021, 10:02:53 PM10/24/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Yes Hugh,  700c in the 59cm MIT Atlantis

Sent from my iPhone