The excellent old GP Sheldon/bikesite/mudsluts interview

lucky...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2024, 10:12:02 AMApr 9
to RBW
I’m sure this has been revived and discussed many times in the past thirty odd years, but I’m reading the Mudsluts (Sheldon Brown/bikesite?) interview with Grant Petersen and well if you haven’t read it you should. It’s mostly Grant trying not to make the whole interview about the internet and its future as a tool for bicycle businesses and customers.
I got here unironically via Google search so I can’t tell you when it’s from but early in the Rivendell days, maybe 1994 or 1995.
Someone more saavy can tell. Hopefully this link will work:
Https://sheldonbrown.com/bridgestone/mudslutsinterview.html

Liz in Sacramento

Patrick Moore

Apr 9, 2024, 3:33:39 PMApr 9
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for posting this link; old times. I do miss the Reader; I expect Rivendell could turn that into a modest new revenue stream, but Grant did talk about the wear and tear writing it imposed on his psyche. But it was always fun and quirky and sometimes silly, but genially -- and interestingly! -- so and to me one of the best-ever bike reads. The Blahg is a good second best and there otta be a law that Grant write a new one every 2 weeks.

Also, Grant was the one person who brought Brooks saddles (or leather suspension saddles generally) and transverse saddlebags back to the US market.

Patrick Moore, who sourced a NOS Campy Valentino FD from Rivendell for his first custom 26" wheel Riv road bike in 1995 -- and who still has 3/4 of that lump of beeswax that he bought from Rivendell not much later; fun fact: beeswax kept for 30 years hardens into a solid bulk that no fire will melt. Or so it seems.

[And who just now got back from a very pleasant early Spring, sunny, breezy ride on his 1999 Joe Starck Riv Road Custom gofast 76" fixed gear -- the truly best bicycle I've owned out of scores and the ultimate keeper.]

bikesite: And finally....If Eddy Mercyx and Miguel Indurain were able to race each other in their prime, if they were to ride technologically identical bikes, if they each had the exact same amount of rest, each had abstained from sex for a full week before the race and each had their friends, family and countrymen there to cheer them on, who would get the most flats?

Grant Petersen: Indurain, but they'd be pinch flats.