Analog Cycles: Free Tubeless Clinic on Instagram Live

Bicycle Belle Ding Ding!

Apr 13, 2020, 4:59:03 PM4/13/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
***Posted on behalf of James and Candice, whose posts are delayed on the List***

Analog Cycles, a Rivendell dealer out of rural Vermont has mounted 500 tubeless tires and counting. They have honed their technique and are willing to share their tips on all things tubeless. James and Candice are offering us a FREE tubeless clinic. They will cover tubeless mounting, maintenance, and flat-fixing via an Instagram Live session. You will be able to ask your questions via text during the video and get your answers, straight from Analog.

If you’ve been considering going tubeless or if you have just wanted to know how it all works, join us Wednesday, April 15 at 5 pm EASTERN time. Most folks are working from home, so hope those from other time zones can hop on. Follow Analog Cycles on Instagram and look for them to go live 4.15 at 5pm EST.

Thanks so much, James and Candice - I can’t wait to tune in.

Joe Bernard

Apr 13, 2020, 8:09:16 PM4/13/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm there!

Bicycle Belle Ding Ding!

Apr 14, 2020, 4:53:24 PM4/14/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Tomorrow’s the day! From Analog’s Instagram page today:

LIVE from Analog HQ: A free tubeless clinic right here on Instagram Live, Wednesday 5 pm EST. Join us while we ramble about how to set up, maintain and repair tubeless stuff. We’ll also have a list of the top five Melvins albums, maybe cocktails, and a micro shop tour. Be there!

TO VIEW: Go to Analog’s Instagram page and click their profile picture to view their LIVE video. You can watch LIVE videos on the Instagram app or on instagram.com. You will be able to send comments and questions during the session. Can’t wait to meet you on another platform, friends.

J Imler

Apr 14, 2020, 6:30:16 PM4/14/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Will this be recorded? I can’t make it during the live show.

Leah Peterson

Apr 14, 2020, 6:32:02 PM4/14/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
James plans to make a video on tubeless that lives somewhere on his website, but he’s starting with this. This way folks can ask their questions.

Sent from my iPad

> On Apr 14, 2020, at 3:30 PM, J Imler <imle...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Will this be recorded? I can’t make it during the live show.

Patrick Moore

Apr 14, 2020, 6:44:53 PM4/14/20
to rbw-owners-bunch
+1, since I don't do Instagram.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 4:30 PM J Imler <imle...@gmail.com> wrote:
Will this be recorded? I can’t make it during the live show.

Patrick Moore

Joe Bernard

Apr 14, 2020, 6:47:15 PM4/14/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
He can post it afterward to the Analog Instagram feed, right? I'm asking you Leah because you know all these Instagramy things, I don't even know how to do a story. Whatever that is! 🙃

Leah Peterson

Apr 14, 2020, 7:00:55 PM4/14/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I think he is planning on something polished for his website. I don’t know what will happen with his IG video after it’s gone live.

I think you better join IG if you don’t have it, Patrick Moore. All the cool kids are doing it.

Sent from my iPad

> On Apr 14, 2020, at 3:47 PM, Joe Bernard <joer...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> He can post it afterward to the Analog Instagram feed, right? I'm asking you Leah because you know all these Instagramy things, I don't even know how to do a story. Whatever that is! 🙃

Joe Bernard

Apr 14, 2020, 7:29:03 PM4/14/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
"All the cool kids are doing it."

And me! 🙋‍♂️

Patrick Moore

Apr 14, 2020, 8:10:29 PM4/14/20
to rbw-owners-bunch
My daughter says that Instagram is for old people.

ted

Apr 14, 2020, 8:18:30 PM4/14/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Get an instagram account??
Get off my lawn!
Or some such

Eric Daume

Apr 14, 2020, 8:18:37 PM4/14/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That true. My school age kids are all about tik tok.

Eric
Who skipped FB, and Instagram, and...

James / Analog Cycles

Apr 15, 2020, 10:45:21 AM4/15/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hey my real time ability to reply to threads has been fixed...

We will eventually post a video on our site.  Instagram is a tool, just like this forum.  They're the same, really, and if you are ok with one... the other is also valid.

We currently have a bunch of info on our site about tubeless set up, component selection, tubeless repair.  If you are not into videos or moving images (we all know Magic Lantern shows are the only true art form, movies are passe), you should go read that stuff, which takes the form of text and static images.

Here are those links:

-James who doesn't have running water, a flush toilet, lives in a tent, has an off the grid bike shop, uses only wood for heat but still believes in Instagram Johnson

Roberta

Apr 15, 2020, 12:29:56 PM4/15/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
James sent me this from Instagram's Help files.  https://help.instagram.com/699289326902954

If you don't want to click on the link, here's what it says:

How do I view someone's live video on Instagram?

When someone you follow shares a live video, their profile picture will appear at the top of Feed with a colorful ring around it and the word Live. Tap or click their profile picture to view their live video.

You can watch live videos on the Instagram app or on Instagram.com.

While viewing live videos

Keep in mind that when you start viewing a live video, the person sharing and anyone else who's viewing may be able to see that you've joined. While viewing someone's live video, you can leave comments, like and share it. Anyone who's viewing the video can see when you like or comment.

  • On the Instagram app, tap Comment at the bottom of the screen to leave a comment, and to like their video.
  • On Instagram.com, click Add a comment at the bottom right of the screen to leave a comment.
Live video replays

If someone has shared a live video replay to their story, you'll see it at the top of feed with a play button and colorful ring around it. Live video replays are only available on the Instagram app.

  • While viewing someone's live video replay, you can tap the right or left side of the screen to skip forwards or backwards.
  • While you can't comment on a live video replay, you can respond to someone's replay by sending a message in Direct.
  • If someone has shared multiple live video replays, you can tap the arrows at the top of the screen to skip between them.

Bicycle Belle Ding Ding!

Apr 15, 2020, 4:14:18 PM4/15/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
45 minutes to Live! See you there!

Joe Bernard

Apr 15, 2020, 4:16:29 PM4/15/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
🙋‍♂️

JAS

Apr 15, 2020, 6:09:21 PM4/15/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
James and Candace @ Analog,

Thanks so much for the tutorial on tubeless.  I learned a lot and especially appreciated the hole and slash repair demo.  I always wondered if tubeless was lighter since you're putting the sealant into the tire and that has to weigh something.  Obviously, it doesn't weigh as much as a tube, even when you add more over the top of the initial sealant.  Good job on the video!

--Joyce
Another RivSister thinking about going tubeless

Leah Peterson

Apr 15, 2020, 6:16:52 PM4/15/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
The clinic was A1. Fantastic. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think I could patch those tires myself with that cool lipstick tool!

Thanks so much, James and Candice, you knocked your first Live videos out of the park! I think there were about 70 viewers at the height of it.

Did anyone else decide to go tubeless after watching?

Joyce, I hope you join your #Rivsisters on the tubeless side.
Leah

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 15, 2020, at 3:09 PM, JAS <swanso...@gmail.com> wrote:

ďťż

J Imler

Apr 15, 2020, 6:45:27 PM4/15/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
After the tutorial, I’m game. Thanks James and Candice!

Roberta

Apr 15, 2020, 6:51:16 PM4/15/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
That was a super session!  I'm so glad I'm having you enlighten and uplift my Joe Appaloosa.  See you soon!

Roberta

Melanie

Apr 15, 2020, 6:55:45 PM4/15/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I’ve joined the tubeless crew, too!

Joe Bernard

Apr 15, 2020, 7:08:03 PM4/15/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
That was very informative and cool. I think I'm going to give tubeless another whirl, too, and declare myself an honorary #Rivsister-dude! 😜

Bicycle Belle Ding Ding!

Apr 15, 2020, 7:45:56 PM4/15/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Melanie, yay! Did you already place an order?

Tim Bantham

Apr 15, 2020, 7:48:50 PM4/15/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Well done on the IG live James and Candice. I only was able to check in a couple of times but I watched the story.  I had a good excuse though. I was out riding my Clem in the woods! It was so cool to connect with some fellow Riv folks. We should do a Zoom meeting!

Melanie

Apr 15, 2020, 11:18:44 PM4/15/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Leah - Yes, the new wheels for the Appaloosa have been ordered. Even before James’s wonderful presentation.

James / Analog Cycles

Apr 16, 2020, 9:27:11 AM4/16/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hey thanks to everyone who showed up yesterday evening.  We had a really good turn out.  Thanks to Leah for putting it together.  Now that I can post in real time, I'll be able to easily add more clinics.  Holler with ideas, we'll try to get to them all.  Right now we are thinking:

  • How to wrap bars / shellac / twine.  It's easy, but we'll break it down so you KNOW it's easy.
  • Basic wheel truing
  • Basic derailleur adjustments
  • Adjusting Canti brakes and installing new pads
  • Adjusting mechanical disc brakes, truing rotors
  • Adjusting V brakes, installing new pads
  • Clean your drivetrain and re oil
  • Drop bar and saddle set up
  • Customize your cloth handlebar tape
We can also do talks on things, rather than just clinics, IE geometry talks, fitting talks, gearing, wheel building, loading your bike, ways to make bad coffee taste good, top 5 melvins albums, early american gardens, etc.

I'm thinking we'll push the clinics back to 8pm so folks out west can more easily join in.  Probably try to do two a week, Mondays and Wednesdays.

-James / Analog Cycles

j.schwartz

Apr 16, 2020, 10:35:34 AM4/16/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Maybe headset installs and maintenance?  also BB install and removal.  (also the associated tools needed)
I guess most people on this list are using threaded headsets and sq.tape bb's.
It's sort of the last frontier of home mechanics since the frames often come with the headsets and bottom brackets installed.

James / Analog Cycles

Apr 16, 2020, 10:51:44 AM4/16/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Sounds good, we can do a headset and bb clinic.  We're about to start stocking some nice tools that folks are probably not super hip to, so we'll get those tools in then do a clinic so you can get a handle on what ya need.  -james / analog cycles

Steve Cole

Apr 16, 2020, 10:53:04 AM4/16/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
James and Candice,

Many thanks for the tubeless show.  You convinced me to go tubeless.  With your video, It won't feel so foreign to me.

Steve Cole
Arlington, VA

Rob Kristoff

Apr 16, 2020, 11:18:17 AM4/16/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Yes, thanks Analog! Fun AND informative.

James / Analog Cycles

Apr 16, 2020, 8:23:35 PM4/16/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Happy to help.  I'll post new clinics on the group soon.

Ian Terry

Apr 17, 2020, 2:01:40 AM4/17/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Please, please, top five Melvins albums.

James / Analog Cycles

Apr 17, 2020, 9:15:31 AM4/17/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'll put the top five randomly in a clinic!