Tubeless tire on a non-tubeless rim?

Matthew Williams

Feb 23, 2023, 1:08:56 PM2/23/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi all,

I have a set of tubeless 700c Panaracer tires but I want to mount them on a set of non-tubeless 700c Atlas rims. Yes, I know I’ll need to use tubes!

Will a tubeless Panaracer Gravelking tire work/mount/fit/seat properly on a non-tubeless Atlas rim?

If I have tube rims, is there a reason why I shouldn't use tubeless tires (with tubes) instead of tube tires?

Kainalu V. -Brooklyn NY

Feb 23, 2023, 1:15:23 PM2/23/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

You’re all set! Will be a bit tighter than you’re used to when mounting them, but they’ll work great with tubes on your Atlas rims.
-Kai

Jay Lonner

Feb 23, 2023, 2:09:10 PM2/23/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I’d be tempted to set it up tubeless, John Watson of the Radavist went that route on his Hunqapillar with Atlas rims, if you scroll through the comments he says they set up nicely:

Jay Lonner
Bellingham, WA

Sent from my Atari 400