Rivendell Atlantis FS

John Carey

Jul 28, 2021, 1:42:09 PM7/28/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
With heavy heart, have decided to part ways with my Atlantis, in  efforts to downsize.  This is a Toyo built frame, 56 cm with 650B wheelset.  I will add more information this evening...
1850.00 with two cockpits (dropped bars and upright bar set-up.

Please let me know if interested... am in MA.

Thanks,
-John

00X0X_1fTfcKRNrEZ_1200x900.jpg

max.c....@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2021, 10:03:16 PM7/28/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hey John, I am interested. Do you know what range of PBH this frame would be appropriate for?

Thanks,
Max

Ian A

Jul 28, 2021, 11:37:43 PM7/28/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Wouldn't it be 26" wheels if Toyo built? Just curious, although it is my size.

Ian A Alberta Canada

Joe Bernard

Jul 29, 2021, 12:30:31 AM7/29/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
I think you're right, that looks like an early Toyo Atlantis "2" with the pointed head lug and I think those tires say Rat Trap Pass on them.

Gabriel Hargrove

Jul 29, 2021, 11:11:33 AM7/29/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Max,

Here's a chart from Rivendell's site circa 2007 to align your PBH with the appropriate frame size. FWIW, I have an 82 PBH, and this same frame (56, 2007)- it fits me better than an other off the shelf bike I've owned. I'll include the 56cm geo in case you're curious. I'd also go so far as to say that with a pair of Paul Motolites, this could probably function well as a 650b frame, as well.

Gabriel
Huntington Beach, CA
ATLANTIS GEOMETRY.pdf
Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 8.04.19 AM.png

max.c....@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2021, 1:07:32 PM7/30/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks for the reply Gabriel -- looks like it's a bit too small for me. I think I'm just a victim of wishful thinking; I'd love to find a used Atlantis but I don't want to sacrifice fit just to finally have one!

Addison Quarles

Jul 30, 2021, 11:39:46 PM7/30/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
To be clear-- this bike has sold, right?