BOB List

Jock Dewey

Nov 11, 2021, 1:38:37 PM11/11/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hey, Y'all:

I somehow lost my connection to the BOB list. And I can't find the link to get back on. I have found an old one, but it pops up 'content unavailable.'

Can one of you good folks help me out? Many tanx.

BEST / Jock Dewey

David Person

Nov 11, 2021, 1:47:50 PM11/11/21
to RBW Owners Bunch

max.c....@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2021, 3:53:08 PM11/11/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
This link pops up as unavailable for me as well. I've tried it on three different google accounts several times over the past 4 months with no success

Peter Adler

Nov 11, 2021, 4:03:29 PM11/11/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
I last logged into it 45 seconds ago, so it definitely works.

At the risk of using the tech guy's boilerplate question that's always taken as an insult (did you turn it off, then turn it back on again?), have you all tried clearing the cache out of your respective browsers? Cache files can get corrupted. If you keep trying to load a page that the browser has already cached as unavailable, the browser may keep reloading the "NO!" page from its cache, instead of going to the server and loading the data that's there. Check the Preferences menu item in your browser; the "clear cache" option is usually placed there.

You might also try a different browser, which may not have a screwed-up cache for iBOB.

If you're logged into Google Groups through a browser, there should be a sidebar on the left. Try clicking "My groups", and "internet-bob" should be in your group list if you're a subscriber. Click on that link instead, and see if you get different results.

Peter Adler
Berkeley, CA/USA

max.c....@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2021, 6:01:25 PM11/11/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
No worries in suggesting the typical fixes. I have tried clearing cache in chrome and using Microsoft Edge; same results every time. Additional, in Google Groups, iBob is not listed in My groups as I've never been able to successfully access the page and therefore can't subscribe. I'm pretty stumped! I've tried emailing the admins over there with no avail, though I'm sure they have a lot on their plates.

Eric Marth

Nov 11, 2021, 6:45:03 PM11/11/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Yeah, I can't access or subscribe, either!

Dee Dee

Nov 11, 2021, 8:48:03 PM11/11/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Email Skip, he can add you to the iBOB group.

-Danny

Message has been deleted

Paul Clifton

Nov 12, 2021, 9:52:48 AM11/12/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
This has been an ongoing problem since Google made everyone switch to the new Groups - I think it was early 2021, but could've been about a year ago. Something in the admin settings for all the groups seems to have been automatically set to "hidden" or "private" or something like that. The RBW list mod fixed it (Thanks Jim!), but for some reason the iBob list is still invisible to non-members.

I don't know what setting it is, but it's in there somewhere. I think sending an email to this address can get a user added: internet-bob-moderators@googlegroups.com.

Paul in AR

iamkeith

Nov 12, 2021, 12:48:10 PM11/12/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
For those of you having trouble, have you checked to make sure you're still signed in to your google/gmail profile?  I browse on my android phone mostly and, for some inexplicable reason, my browser ap occasionally signs me out even though the phone's "account" is still signed in  using the same gmail address.  When that happens, I do get the error message when trying to view the ibob group.
Message has been deleted

Roberta

Nov 12, 2021, 1:32:55 PM11/12/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Garth,

I've gotten that message when I was browsing on iPad in "private Mode."

For this message, I suggest choosing "switch accounts" and log in (again).

Roberta

On Friday, November 12, 2021 at 1:12:03 PM UTC-5 Garth wrote:
I'm logged in, cache clean, on Linux Mint w/Firefox ESR desktop browser and I get this error ....

I had tried this months ago and got messages like "you don't have access" or something like that. I just assumed it was some high falutin' group thing , but yeah it appears a glitch that has of yet gone un-glitched. It reminds of that tv show "Lost", where someone had to "push the button", or else ! ?  Someone has to push the button for that group !
Message has been deleted

Jock Dewey

Nov 12, 2021, 5:50:56 PM11/12/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Well, problem solved. One of the moderators got me back in, not sure how tho :  )

Happy to know I hadn't lost my mind, however, as others seem to get stuck, too. Thanks to Mr. Palincsar for fixing me up.

BEST / Jock Dewey