Atlantis differences

Joe in the Pay Area

Dec 1, 2020, 2:12:32 AM12/1/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Having cawfee with Rich this morning, he of R'dell wheel building fame, I found out the difference between my 2 Atlantis's. (Yeah, yeah, I know...it's hard to bitch when you have a loaf of bread under each arm...)

So, Atlantises made by Toyo have chainstays that flare Out at the drop-outs, whereas the Taiwan and Waterford chainstays are straight from their bend out of the bottom bracket. The presence of a plate between the chainstays for a generator or kickstand doesn't help identifying the constructor.

Hope it helps. Btw, share the bread...we're all in this together.

Chris L

Dec 1, 2020, 12:15:06 PM12/1/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I still don't know where my Hunqapillar frame was built.  I believe it is from the very first batch (gray/orange) and the brochures I've found state early Hunq's were built in Taiwan, Japan & Wisconsin.  The problem is that I don't know which brochure (if any) is accurate for mine.

The serial number is faint but I believe it is:  RIVP###  82/595.  It's been awhile since I looked at it and I think the really hard part to read was the "P", which now thinking about it, might logically be a "B" for Bicycle.