List Housekeeping: Hotmail and AOL accounts may be problematic

Cyclofiend Jim

Apr 17, 2023, 12:38:56 PM4/17/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Was cleaning up old spam folders and turned up a few messages from members asking why they had been banned from the group.

They were not people I recall banning (I do actually have a list, and it's relatively short - thank you all!), so I checked my admin tools to see their status.

None of them showed up on the roster of banned emails.

More oddly, none of them showed up on the list of members (which includes "banned" address profiles in addition to active moderated/unmoderated members).

Since 100% of those contacting me about not being able to log in and post had either @hotmail or @aol accounts, I'm figuring that there's some issue related to that. And I can't really solve that for anyone.

Just to be explicit -
You must be logged into your google account to post to this group.
You may have to figure out why google is no longer recognizing aol or hotmail.

Hope that points you in the right direction!

Jim / list admin