Fitz Cycles All Road 56cm 26"/650b Disc Partial Build and Wheels

Michael Ullmer

Feb 14, 2024, 12:09:42 PMFeb 14
to RBW Owners Bunch
This is cross-posted from the i-bob list. Hoping to pass along this frameset and wheels to fund a near-term Spring Break trip for the fam down to Mexico. Long-term, this bike's place in the stable will be replaced with a properly sized Atlantis or Appaloosa.

This is one I never thought I'd get rid of, but I have to admit it's not the right size and it's not getting much ride time. I bought this from John Fitz, but I'm the second owner. Here's the original color/build (https://www.facebook.com/FitzCyclez/posts/958878954200930). I reached out to have him build me a fork similar to the one that was on this bike, but instead he happened to have this frame/fork available. He re-powdercoated it for me, built the custom rack and added a bunch of braze-ons. Here's what's included with the sale:

1) Frame/Fork
2) 1 1/8" Silver Chris King Headset
3) Custom Front SS Rando Rack with integrated light mount and wire guides
4) Velo Orange 26" 60mm Smooth Fenders with Ruthworks Mudguards
5) Matching Green Powdercoated Truvatic 110mm 26.0 Stem
6) Maroon Powdercoated xxmm Stem 31.8 (this was the previous powdercoat color)

Frame/Fork Details:

TT - Columbus 28.6 8/5/8
DT  - (unknown) 31.8 9/6/9 or 8/5/8
ST - Nova 28.6 9/6/1.2
SS - 17mm true temper
BB - 68mm BSA Paragon
Paragon Dropouts front and back
Fork Blades - Disc specific Nova fork blades 1.1 wall thickness
Fork Crown - Pacenti MTB Fork Crown
Braze-ons - lighting guides on fork blade and under downtube, three bottle bosses, pump pegs on non-drive seatstay, low-rider front rack mounts,

Takes a 27.2 seatpost, 28.6 front derailleur. Built around 160mm rotors front/rear. It clears Compass/Rene Herse Rat Trap Pass 2.3" Tires easily. I never ran with 650b, but was told it would do 650bx48 just fine. I've used this as a drop-bar enduro all-road and an upright basket cruiser with Nitto Albatross bars. It handles great with a rear rack and big saddlebag (I used a large Sackville).

Frame is in great shape, all threads clean and no dents/dings. Never been crashed. The powder coat is probably 8/10. There's some worn away on the drive side chainstay, and the non-drive side inside chainstay from the disc rubbing. There's a few other spots where the powder coat has been rubbed away, but overall pretty good.

Wheels:

26" Disc 28H Nextie 26" i30 carbon rims laced to SP PD-8 front, BikeHubStore BX106R rear, using silver Sapim Laser spokes & nipples. Rims are true and all spokes are in good tension. Come with Rene Herse Rat Trap Pass 2.3" Tires set up tubeless. Tires have 1000+ miles on them, but treads are in good shape. Deore XT Skewers. 160mm rotors, 6-bolt front, centerlock rear.

Frame/Fork/Headset/Rack/Fenders/Wheels - $1650 plus shipping via Bikeflights/Pirateship

Frame/Fork/Headset/Rack/Fenders - $1400 plus shipping

Wheels Only - $350 plus shipping

Pics and a couple past build configurations here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/uzfJcaTh9UCcpFV8A

Michael Ullmer

Feb 15, 2024, 3:38:16 PMFeb 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Wheels are sold. Also, I forgot to include that the rear spacing is 135mm.

Frame/Fork/Headset/Rack/Fenders - $1400 plus shipping

Michael Ullmer

Feb 18, 2024, 6:11:27 PMFeb 18
to RBW Owners Bunch
Bump and a price drop, $1350 plus shipping.

Also, in need of a few items for a trade/partial trade:

Nitto Marks Rack
58cm Atlantis
700c 135mm spaced dynamo wheelset

Michael Ullmer

Feb 21, 2024, 1:29:08 PMFeb 21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Midweek bump and price drop, $1250 plus shipping

Michael Ullmer

Feb 29, 2024, 10:24:14 AMFeb 29
to RBW Owners Bunch
Leap year bump, $1250 shipped in the US

Michael Morrissey

Feb 29, 2024, 11:37:21 AMFeb 29
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm shocked this beautiful frame hasn't sold yet. The Coleman stove green is perfect on this bike. Does it include the custom front rack that is in the last picture of the Google Photos folder?

Michael

Mike Ullmer

Feb 29, 2024, 12:11:57 PMFeb 29
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately not, that front low-rider rack was actually built for my custom Fitz and I had him add mounts to it so I could use on this frame as well. Doesn't mean the new owner couldn't have Fitz make them one though :-)

Michael Ullmer

Mar 7, 2024, 8:56:33 PMMar 7
to RBW Owners Bunch
A few nibbles, but no takers.

Another bump and a price drop, $1200 shipped in the US.

Also in the market for an Atlantis or Appaloosa sized for an 88pbh

Michael Ullmer

Mar 17, 2024, 4:19:19 PMMar 17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Weekend bump with a couple sale options:

$1200 shipped with frame/fork/rack/hs/fenders/stems
$1150 shipped with frame/fork/rack/hs/stems
$1075 shipped with frame/fork/rack/stems

Ian A

Mar 17, 2024, 5:23:08 PMMar 17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I love this bike and just cannot fathom why it hasn't sold. Handmade frame, light tubing and disc brakes are a hard combination to find. Anyone on the fence should not hesitate.

IanA (being careful not to take his own advice) in Kitimat BC.

Michael Ullmer

Mar 17, 2024, 9:44:42 PMMar 17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I loved it too and if it was about 2cm bigger in both ST and TT I'd be keeping it :-)

Michael Ullmer

Mar 17, 2024, 10:24:24 PMMar 17
to RBW Owners Bunch
And the Fitz is sold and headed to a new home in CO

Ian A

Mar 17, 2024, 11:29:03 PMMar 17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I can't help feeling a touch of regret :) Congratulations to the new owner. An excellent purchase.