Not a Riv but...

Philip Barrett

Jan 24, 2021, 12:20:45 PM1/24/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
...certainly inspired by one!

$160 buy from Craigslist. Before;

PXL_20210110_235059925.jpg

Philip Barrett

Jan 24, 2021, 12:21:29 PM1/24/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
After;

PXL_20210124_165847266.jpg

PXL_20210124_165535577.jpg

Toshi Takeuchi

Jan 24, 2021, 1:10:27 PM1/24/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Looks beautiful! The final improvement I would consider is a 650b conversion...

Toshi

Philip Barrett

Jan 24, 2021, 1:29:40 PM1/24/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Agreed - the wheels aren't that great anyway, this was part of the original plan but then budget creep struck and nice toys like Brook's saddles beckoned!

Joe Bernard

Jan 24, 2021, 3:51:51 PM1/24/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Nice work! There used to be a page in the Rivendell Readers where they would "Rivendellize" an old bike to get the bars up and make it functional, this reminds me of that. I dig the battleship gray on those old Treks, it's a beauty! 👍

Joe Bernard

Philip Barrett

Jan 24, 2021, 4:11:17 PM1/24/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks! Crazy that those colors went so out of fashion & are now completely back in again.

Joe Bernard

Jan 24, 2021, 4:16:41 PM1/24/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
My custom. Gray, good! 😎
20210103_164722.jpg

Zac Terrones

Jan 26, 2021, 12:50:10 PM1/26/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Love it! Where'd you get the cork grips? Been waiting for the ones riv carries to come back in stock but it's been a while. Also, agreed on that grey, so good!

Philip Barrett

Jan 26, 2021, 1:03:15 PM1/26/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks - the grips are from Velo Orange, they did OK out of this build;

JohnS

Jan 26, 2021, 1:06:22 PM1/26/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Nice! Night and day difference.

FWIW, advice from the list is to use bolt cutters to trim the fender stays to length.

JohnS

Philip Barrett

Jan 26, 2021, 1:12:10 PM1/26/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks - it's in the plan but I want to get a few miles in before making "final & irreversible" adjustments.