Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Paul Brodek

ongelezen,
17 nov 2020, 00:14:4017-11-2020
aan RBW Owners Bunch
I am completely overloaded on tires, but figured y'all might want to know that Soma looks to be blowing out SV Superlight tires at the low-low price of only $29.99ea. That's ridiculously cheap for such a nice tire IMHO.

Only 28/33 are available in black/tan, most all other sizes in stock in blk/blk.

I've got no financial/etc connection other than having a metric ton of SV tires in-house, bought at retail. I'm a super-fan.

Seems curious to me, though, why blow out expensive tires when there seems to be a tire shortage, esp at the dealer level? Could they be that over-loaded? New versions on the way/in-house so they want to clear out the old stock? [Note I have absolutely zero knowledge about that, just trying to rationalize in my own brain why they're blowing these out, and priced so cheaply, in the midst of rubber shortages].

I might have missed a blog post from them or whatevs, but I'm left with a whole of "Huh?" in my cranium.

Paul "Huh?" Brodek
Hillsdale, NJ USA

Ben Mihovk

ongelezen,
17 nov 2020, 10:55:5417-11-2020
aan RBW Owners Bunch
That is a SMOKING hot deal. I need puncture protection riding on city streets most of the time, but if they had black/tan in 700x42, I'd be tempted to get a pair just to try them out. I do use the Shikoro, which to me are basically a heavy-armored SV.

Thanks for the heads up, though!
Ben

Sam Kling

ongelezen,
17 nov 2020, 11:50:2917-11-2020
aan RBW Owners Bunch
The 23mm EX's are only $15 each, if anyone around here runs 23s.

J Schwartz

ongelezen,
17 nov 2020, 12:03:0217-11-2020
aan RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks Paul,
Just picked up some black sidewall 700x38's for the Canti-Rom I'm slowly building

J Schwartz

ongelezen,
17 nov 2020, 12:12:5817-11-2020
aan RBW Owners Bunch
Also , I don't think these are Tubeless compatible

Paul Brodek

ongelezen,
17 nov 2020, 12:29:3417-11-2020
aan RBW Owners Bunch
Oh yeah, sorry I didn't mention that, they are non-TC. I suspect maybe that's why they're blowing 'em out, to make room for newer TC versions? I have zero knowledge/insider-poop on that, it's just the only thing that makes sense to me re: this sale.

Might also be worth mentioning that IME these tires are what I'd call slightly undersized, meaning I generally don't get the labeled width until they're on wider modern rims, like 23-25mm outer width. HED Belgium/Ardennes C2/+, H+Sons Archetype mostly for me.

The all-black can work fine depending on the rest of the bike, and I like not having to worry about tan sidewalls getting funky. They are not the tire for you if you're looking for that understated tiny-label look. They ride real nice.

Paul Brodek
Hillsdale, NJ USA

50095493146_d38352ece9_c.jpg50135056208_3f1816cf62_c.jpg

J Schwartz

ongelezen,
17 nov 2020, 13:18:5117-11-2020
aan RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks
So do you find the 38's true to measurement on those HED rims?

Paul Brodek

ongelezen,
17 nov 2020, 15:39:2817-11-2020
aan RBW Owners Bunch
Should be pretty close. Just aired up a blk/tan 38 to about 70psi on a 25mm-outer Ardennes+, 38.21mm. So sez my digicaliper, appending the tenths/hundreds just to annoy Bulgie. If Bulgie's here, can't keep track of that kid.

Paul Brodek
Hillsdale, NJ USA

Dave Grossman

ongelezen,
17 nov 2020, 20:00:2217-11-2020
aan RBW Owners Bunch
Ha!  I've seen that Kelly!

Paul Brodek

ongelezen,
18 nov 2020, 19:38:0018-11-2020
aan RBW Owners Bunch
They kinda grow on ya.....

PB

mark etze

ongelezen,
20 nov 2020, 08:07:3220-11-2020
aan RBW Owners Bunch
Promocode thankful10 will get you another 10% off. I bought a pair of 33's and 42's.
Allen beantwoorden
Auteur beantwoorden
Doorsturen
0 nieuwe berichten