FS: Craigslist, etc 2023

JAS

Apr 24, 2023, 11:09:26 AM4/24/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Justin Kennedy

Apr 26, 2023, 9:55:18 AM4/26/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Gus, 54cm
$5,500
Brooklyn, NY

(it's tricked out, but wowza that price!)

Message has been deleted

Joe Bernard

Apr 26, 2023, 10:49:47 AM4/26/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Now for something completely different. This flamed Bridgestone would rule amongst all the Harleys and lifted pickups here in Lake County, CA. Pricey but I'm tempted! 😁

lucky...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2023, 11:00:14 AM4/26/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That’s a cool bike but for (shameless plug) $800 less you can buy my bike:

On Apr 26, 2023, at 07:49, Joe Bernard <joer...@gmail.com> wrote:

Now for something completely different. This flamed Bridgestone would rule amongst all the Harleys and lifted pickups here in Lake County, CA. Pricey but I'm tempted! 😁

Joe Bernard

Apr 26, 2023, 11:05:42 AM4/26/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Also very cool! Dig the Klunker bars.

Eric Daume

Apr 26, 2023, 11:10:07 AM4/26/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, it’s not 2021 anymore. The used bike market is pretty much collapsing.

On Wednesday, April 26, 2023, Joe Bernard <joer...@gmail.com> wrote:
They want every last dime they put in it after spending all that money and not riding. Well good luck!*

*For full pop I'd get a frame from Riv and build it myself.

Ryan

Apr 26, 2023, 11:23:16 AM4/26/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
That's a ridiculous price...parts are nice but nothing special...someone's cashing in on the Rivendell brand IMO. Frame is $2000. Is the part spec worth $3500?

Eric Norris

Apr 26, 2023, 11:48:40 AM4/26/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, but this bike is in a city where a condo costs $35-million.

--Eric Norris
campyo...@me.com
Insta: @CampyOnlyGuy
YouTube: YouTube.com/CampyOnlyGuy

Mike Packard

May 1, 2023, 7:47:28 AM5/1/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Message has been deleted

EGNolan

May 2, 2023, 5:38:48 PM5/2/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
$1700 for a nicely appointed Sam Hillborne near Atlanta. Some of the description seems off, but what're ya gonna do?

No affiliation
Eric
Indpls

On Monday, May 1, 2023 at 12:27:20 PM UTC-4 r.ha...@live.com wrote:
I removed the Obento Rack/Wald Basket/Nitto Light Mount and dropped the price to $4500 complete and $2000 frameset only. This was an impulse build that I regret. I started the price at slightly lower than what I paid but I realize now that price is too high. I'm looking to sell the Gus to buy a Clem Smith Jr. L complete 45 or 52 with simpler parts and keep the extra cash.

Matthew Williams

May 4, 2023, 10:56:29 PM5/4/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

A. HOMER HILSEN (Toyo)

61cm

2400

Carlsbad, CA

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/bik/d/carlsbad-fs-61-cm-toyo-built-rivendell/7601518125.html

======

APPALOOSA

56cm

2000

Portland, OR

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/d/portland-rivendell-joe-appaloosa/7610380104.html

======

ATLANTIS 2

59cm

2600

Tacoma, WA

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/bid/d/tacoma-rivendell-atlantis-complete-bike/7617558417.html

======

CHEVIOT

Large

2500

Chicago, IL

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/bik/d/clarendon-hills-rivendell-cheviot/7606457742.html

======

CLEMS!

Clem Smith H

52cm

950

Columbus, OH

https://columbus.craigslist.org/bik/d/columbus-52cm-rivendell-clem-smith-jr/7613412364.html

Clem Smith L

52cm

800

Brooklyn, NY

https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/bik/d/brooklyn-rivendell-clem-smith-jr-52-cm/7617524349.html

Clem Smith L

59cm

2250

Portland, OR

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/d/portland-rivendell-clem-smith-step-thru/7604574423.html

======

GUS BOOTS WILLSEN

54cm

4500

Sheepshead Bay, NY

https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/bik/d/brooklyn-rivendell-bicycle-works-gus/7613498712.html

======

LEGOLAS

59cm

3400

Portland, OR

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/d/portland-rivendell-legolas-59cm/7612121082.html

======

PLATYPUS

55cm

2400

Ft. Collins, CO

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/bik/d/fort-collins-2021-rivendell-platypus/7616336674.html

======

ROADINI

61cm

2300

Asheville, NC

https://asheville.craigslist.org/bik/d/asheville-rivendell-roadini-61cm/7608896147.html

61cm (orange!)

2200

Seattle, WA

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/d/seattle-large-road-bike-rivendell/7611983345.html

======

SALUKI

62cm

1550

Hercules, CA

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/d/hercules-rivendell-saluki-650b-62cm/7615055602.html

======

SAM HILLBORNE

48cm

2500

Willow Glen, CA

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bik/d/san-jose-48cm-rivendell-sam-hillborne/7613752659.html

53cm

1700

Atlanta, GA

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/bik/d/gainesville-rivendell-hillborne/7614929897.html

58cm

2500

St. Paul, MN

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/bik/d/saint-paul-rivendell-sam-hillborne-58-cm/7615930086.html

62cm

2000

Northampton, MA

https://westernmass.craigslist.org/bik/d/northampton-rivendell-sam-hillborne/7600621142.html

J Schwartz

May 5, 2023, 8:02:02 AM5/5/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
not sure if this was linked to already

Doug Van Cleve

May 5, 2023, 2:50:06 PM5/5/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
This Saluki seems pretty sweet, only weirdness is Campy Ergopower and Shimano derailleurs matched up with a Shift Mate...

Doug

maxcr

May 5, 2023, 3:07:41 PM5/5/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Doug,
The shiftmate is needed for the Campagnolo Record Brifters, I ran a similar setup in my AHH (it came like that when I bought it) and it worked well. If I didn't have too many bikes already, I'd be all over it.
Max

Matthew Williams

May 10, 2023, 3:44:45 PM5/10/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Drew Fitchette

May 11, 2023, 12:54:34 PM5/11/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
A Friend just tipped me off to this one!

RAMBOUILLET
56cm
$1,100
Seattle WA

Matthew Williams

May 11, 2023, 1:15:54 PM5/11/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
SUSIE LONGBOLTS/WOLBIS SLUGSTONE frameset (new!)
59cm
1800
Eugene, OR
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/d/eugene-new-rivendell-xl-susie-wolbis/7619055500.html

Drew Fitchette

May 12, 2023, 2:37:05 PM5/12/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Matthew Williams

May 13, 2023, 2:12:14 PM5/13/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

JAS

May 15, 2023, 11:45:58 AM5/15/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Clem L , 52cm, blue, $2000 with wood fenders and PDW rack
Sequim, WA (pronounced "skwim")

Hetchins52

May 15, 2023, 2:08:24 PM5/15/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
That’s a beautiful Clem! The rear rack is a perfect choice.
David

Drew Fitchette

May 15, 2023, 2:53:33 PM5/15/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
JOE APPALOOSA
51cm Frame only
$1,250
Ebay

Eric Marth

May 23, 2023, 5:21:40 PM5/23/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Saluki
62cm
$3,000
Jersey Shore, NJ

Looks like a nice build, Paul brakes and levers, lugged seatpost, Herse cranks, A23s, Schmidt dynamo and light.

Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 5.19.22 PM.png

brendonoid

May 24, 2023, 10:16:53 AM5/24/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
A Saluki in my size and favourite colour. A rare thing indeed.
Sometimes I really hate being on the other side of the world to all these perfect bicycles.

Eric Marth

May 24, 2023, 9:47:03 PM5/24/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Brendon, I'd say you've managed pretty well! And maybe the oceans are a moderating force against your prolific collection.

brendonoid

May 25, 2023, 2:59:05 AM5/25/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
The tyranny of distance keeps me financially solvent.

Joe Bernard

May 25, 2023, 11:43:20 AM5/25/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
55cm Romulus in Santa Rosa, CA.
9-speed Dura-Ace triple rear derailer, Berthoud bags, Mark's Rack, that's my first Riv! I sold it in Santa Rosa many years ago, this is a crazy low price for it now but I don't have room for it. Go buy it!

Ty

May 31, 2023, 3:57:17 PM5/31/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Waterford 54cm Rivendell All Arounder with S&S Couplers at shop in Portland, OR that ships.

Matthew Williams

Jun 1, 2023, 12:23:48 PM6/1/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

===

GUS BOOTS WILLSEN
54cm
4500
62cm FFHS
1300
Philadelphia, PA

===

SUSIE LONGBOLTS/WOLBIS SLUGSTONE
59cm FFHS

Matthew Williams

Jun 1, 2023, 1:23:04 PM6/1/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Drew Fitchette

Jun 1, 2023, 2:59:55 PM6/1/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Oooh that Homer... old 650b geometry. I want!

Matthew Williams

Jun 1, 2023, 3:10:47 PM6/1/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Ryan

Jun 1, 2023, 4:07:58 PM6/1/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Holy moly...that is a terrific deal for someone who takes a 60cm frame

mm

Jun 2, 2023, 1:12:39 PM6/2/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
A big nice price appaloosa in the socal high desert with all the right stuff;

2023-06-02_10-11-28.jpg

Matthew Williams

Jun 6, 2023, 4:18:44 PM6/6/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Kainalu V. -Brooklyn NY

Jun 6, 2023, 6:17:54 PM6/6/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
64cm top tube on that Clem, but not a 64cm frame. Biggies in the H came in at 65cm. This one above is probably a 59?
-Kai (who saw the most beautiful red Quickbeam this morning on the Queensboro bridge, who’s owner said “you haven’t sold that yet?”, regarding my Rosco, to which I replied “It’s the other Rosco I’ve been thinking about selling”. But wow, those Roscos are fun fun fun, and measure 64cm and are considerably zippier feeling that the Clem 65, which I also rode today. I should send one West to the Wasatch Front for yearly shreds, but I shouldn’t….)

Hoch in ut

Jun 13, 2023, 9:18:41 AM6/13/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Toyo Atlantis size 53. 650b with dynamo (F&R). This looks like a fantastic deal. I have no relation to the seller. Just happen to see it.

Valerie Yates

Jun 13, 2023, 10:44:27 AM6/13/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Re the Atlantis 53, did Riv sell a 650B version in that size or was it a conversion? I have one and it has 26” wheels.

Drew Fitchette

Jun 13, 2023, 10:54:52 AM6/13/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
58 CM Hunq on the crust Forum.

If it was one size smaller I'd have scooped it up! Hopefully someone on here has been dreaming of one too(in this size)!

Eric Marth

Jun 14, 2023, 11:00:18 AM6/14/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Appaloosa
54cm
$1,700 OBO
Pittsburgh, PA

This looks kinda mashed up with some Clem Complete parts but looks a few steps away from being a dreamy machine.

00y0y_fTqgHcypgGi_0jm0pO_1200x900.jpg

RichS

Jun 14, 2023, 11:57:41 AM6/14/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Valerie,

The description says it was built in Japan, so Toyo origin. It would have come with 26" wheels; must be a conversion.

Best,
Rich in ATL

jad...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2023, 1:38:33 PM6/18/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

kw

Jun 29, 2023, 2:10:25 AM6/29/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Eric Marth

Jul 13, 2023, 8:39:52 AM7/13/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Screen Shot 2023-07-13 at 8.38.46 AM.png

Rivendell All Rounder, 54cm

maxcr

Jul 13, 2023, 9:51:13 AM7/13/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Another All Rounder, beautiful and in my size - so tempting, but the timing is not right. I was in touch with the owner who also has a Bombadil, very nice guy.

2004 59cm Rivendell All-Rounder
Curt Goodrich built frame USA
Joe Bell paint
26” wheels
$3K
SF, CA

Max

JAS

Jul 18, 2023, 12:34:54 PM7/18/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Hoch in ut

Jul 19, 2023, 4:55:42 PM7/19/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
This appears to be an excellent deal. 51cm Appaloosa complete for $1,850

Johnny Alien

Jul 24, 2023, 7:41:59 PM7/24/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Looks like a brand new 55cm Platy frame.

Will M

Jul 24, 2023, 8:05:22 PM7/24/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi all.  Along lines of this thread, my 62cm orange Quickbeam is for sale on eBay right now.  Auction ends Sunday. Happy to do local pickup or ship.

--Will M
NYC

Sam McDermott

Jul 26, 2023, 11:49:46 PM7/26/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

NR MR

Jul 28, 2023, 12:51:44 PM7/28/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Anyone have any leads on a 57 roadini? Can't find one anywhere

dylan green

Jul 28, 2023, 12:52:43 PM7/28/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
wow - what a QB! If only it were a 56!

Eric Marth

Jul 29, 2023, 12:45:52 PM7/29/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
s-l1600.jpg
For thread posterity here's a pic of Will's sweeeet Quickbeam.

Good luck with the sale, I've got it on my watchlist!

Will Millhiser

Jul 29, 2023, 2:15:34 PM7/29/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Eric!  I would have offered up the QB for sale here, but it is such a unicorn (and there were so few of the orange 62cm framesets made) that I didn’t know how to price it and decided to let “the market” decide. :-)   Will M / NYC

Mike Packard

Aug 1, 2023, 6:54:29 PM8/1/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Max Faingezicht

Aug 9, 2023, 11:31:27 AM8/9/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Eric Marth

Aug 10, 2023, 2:48:56 PM8/10/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Platypus F/F/HS and seatpost
55cm, Mermaid
Quaker Hill, CT

Looks like someone bought the frame and never built it up.

346011872_6483232968438237_3764094931236716795_n.jpg

Kim H.

Aug 10, 2023, 11:46:22 PM8/10/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Rivendell Joe Appaloosa Frameset Size 46 - $1,200 (Silverdale, Washington)

In Spokane, Washington:
Rivendell Bleriot - $1,000 (Deer Park) from a month ago.

In Portland:
Rivendell Cheviot 60cm - $2,000 (Inner SE) from eleven days ago.

Some Bosco handlebars in Bend, Orgeon:

Kim Hetzel
Yelm, WA.

Ty

Aug 14, 2023, 7:32:31 PM8/14/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Continuing the PNW trend. I was enlightened by the algorithm to a not well advertised Rambouillet on FB marketplace in Olympia, WA. Spoke to the seller, they say it's a 52 CM.

Product photo of Touring Bike

Jack Newcomb

Aug 14, 2023, 9:37:30 PM8/14/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
50cm Roadini in Central WA. I'm sure this bunch will be very excited to hear that the owner is willing to throw in a set of carbon wheels for a little extra :)
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/d/ellensburg-rivendell-roadini/7654381016.html

Matthew Williams

Aug 15, 2023, 6:54:34 PM8/15/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

A. HOMER HILSEN f/f/hs

65cm

1000

Fayetteville, NC

https://asheville.craigslist.org/bik/d/asheville-rivendell-homer-hilsen-65cm/7653376311.html

61cm

2100

Carlsbad, CA

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/bik/d/carlsbad-fs-61-cm-toyo-built-rivendell/7655093235.html

===

APPALOOSA

54cm

3400

Portland, OR

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/d/central-point-rivendell-appaloosa-54cm/7639357342.html

47cm

3200

Silverdale, WA

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/bik/d/silverdale-2015-rivendell-joe-appaloosa/7654436328.html

46cm f/f/hs

1200

Silverdale, WA

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/bik/d/silverdale-rivendell-joe-appaloosa/7654436278.html

62cm

2200

Indianapolis, IN

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/bik/d/indianapolis-rivendell-joe-appaloosa/7654284416.html

51cm

1500

Decatur, IL

https://decatur.craigslist.org/bik/d/decatur-rivendell-appaloosa-51cm/7653107413.html

46cm

2600

Tucson, AZ

https://tucson.craigslist.org/bik/d/tucson-rivendell-joe-appaloosa-46cm/7640179378.html

===

BETTY FOY

60cm

1800

Queens, NY

https://newyork.craigslist.org/que/bik/d/ridgewood-rivendell-betty-foy-large-60cm/7650971221.html

===

CHEVIOT

60cm

2000

Portland, OR

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/d/portland-rivendell-cheviot-60cm/7649209115.html

===

CLEM SMITH JR.

45cm H

1300

Minneapolis, MN

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/bik/d/minneapolis-rivendell-clem-smith-jr-45cm/7638477932.html

54cm L

2750

Santa Rosa, CA

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik/d/santa-rosa-rivendell-clem-smith-jr/7652189316.html

===

HERON

59cm

1700

Los Angeles, CA

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/bik/d/los-angeles-1993-heron-rivendell/7648263190.html

===

HUBBUHUBBUH

Small

3700

Portland, OR

https://olympic.craigslist.org/bik/d/sequim-rivendell-hubbuhubbuh-tandem/7642793863.html

Medium

2500

Arlington, VA

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/bik/d/arlington-rivendell-bicycles-hhh-tandem/7647157336.html

===

PROTOVELO

57cm

1300

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/bik/d/lewisville-rivendell-protovelo-57cm/7648544548.html

===

RAMBOUILLET

58cm

1650

St. Paul, MN

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/bik/d/saint-paul-58cm-rivendell-rambouillet/7644774367.html

56cm

1900

Portland, OR

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/d/central-point-rivendell-rambouillet-1st/7639406959.html

===

ROADEO

61cm

1300

San Francisco, CA

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/d/san-francisco-rivendell-roadeo-road/7655039192.html

===

ROADINI

60cm

1300

Littleton, CO

https://denver.craigslist.org/bik/d/littleton-rivendell-roadini-60cm/7654431189.html

50cm

1600

Ellensburg, WA

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/d/ellensburg-rivendell-roadini/7654381016.html

===

PLATYPUS

60cm

3300

Modesto, CA

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/d/modesto-60cm-rivendell-platypus/7654495360.html

===

SALUKI

62cm

2800

Brick, NJ

https://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/bik/d/brick-rivendell-saluki-62cm-650b-rene/7647841760.html

===

SAM HILLBORNE

55cm

2000

St. Germain, WI

https://madison.craigslist.org/bik/d/saint-germain-sam-hillbourne/7653334340.html

60cm

2400

Astoria, NY

https://newyork.craigslist.org/que/bik/d/astoria-rivendell-sam-hillborne-green/7654848376.html

62cm

2200

Grand Rapids, MI

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/bik/d/grand-rapids-rivendell-sam-hillborne/7629706219.html

51cm

2000

Charlottesville, VA

https://charlottesville.craigslist.org/bik/d/charlottesville-gently-used-rivendell/7641259969.html

60cm

1200

Missoula, MT

https://missoula.craigslist.org/bik/d/missoula-rivendell-sam-hillborne-60cm/7652643051.html

===

SAN MARCOS CARGO

59cm

Vancouver, BC

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/bik/d/vancouver-59cm-soma-rivendell-san/7654123617.html

D D

Aug 18, 2023, 8:48:53 AM8/18/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Matthew, I love these posts!  How do you do it?  I’ve tried the “search all Craigslist” sites that come up with a search. But they don’t show me half of what you find.

Well done. Keep it up. Thanks for sharing the wealth.

Dustin in VA.

Collin A

Aug 20, 2023, 12:52:45 AM8/20/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
PSA, 58 "Crusty" Quickbeam delux (paul, dynamo, etc.) not mine, nor my size:

Matthew Williams

Aug 20, 2023, 2:22:28 PM8/20/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Matthew Williams

Aug 20, 2023, 11:01:32 PM8/20/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

J S

Aug 21, 2023, 8:24:10 AM8/21/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
That Hillborne seems very cheap for a complete bike.

Jack Newcomb

Aug 21, 2023, 11:06:09 AM8/21/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
It looks bigger than a 57 to me though.

Eric Marth

Aug 21, 2023, 11:11:54 AM8/21/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 11.10.54 AM.png

I agree with Jonathan. My Hillborne is a verified 57cm from the same production run and my headtube is significantly shorter than the one pictured.

Customary lamentation for no drive-side picture.

Eric Daume

Aug 21, 2023, 11:49:16 AM8/21/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
It’s a nicely priced 60cm bike.

IMO, it’s the most desirable Sam: canti brakes and a single top tube. Too bad it’s not closer.

Eric
Plain City OH

Matthew Williams

Aug 21, 2023, 6:21:29 PM8/21/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

NR MR

vernon brooks

Aug 22, 2023, 12:47:48 PM8/22/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Seller sent these pictures it looks like 60cm frame hopefully this helps someone out there.

Thanks,
Vern

Mike Godwin

Aug 22, 2023, 1:26:05 PM8/22/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Man o Man, someone needs to pick up the Roadeo for 1300 bucks. Thats almost the cost of the parts!

Mike "1 Roadeo, but not my first goat rope" Godwin SLO CA

Michael Morrissey

Aug 22, 2023, 4:22:17 PM8/22/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Ryan

Aug 22, 2023, 5:19:44 PM8/22/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Diva indeed! Quite the bike

Matthew Williams

Aug 22, 2023, 11:15:18 PM8/22/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Paul Clifton

Aug 24, 2023, 3:30:34 PM8/24/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
This apparently is in near me (northwest Arkansas) if anyone wants a proxy. Listed on Craigslist now: https://fayar.craigslist.org/bik/d/bentonville-rivendell-quickbeam-58cm/7657837282.html

Paul in AR

Patrick Moore

Aug 24, 2023, 5:43:40 PM8/24/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Just reposted on the list by our mutual friend Jason for $1750, too low IMO.

Patrick Moore

Executive resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, letters,

and other less well defined but still important writing services.

When thou didst not, savage,

Know thine own meaning, but wouldst gabble like

A thing most brutish, I endowed thy purposes

With words that made them known.

Tempest Act 1 Scene 2

Matthew Williams

Aug 27, 2023, 5:00:46 PM8/27/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

A. HOMER HILSEN

61cm Toyo

=====

=====

52cm L

60cm

2400

Queens, NY

Matthew Williams

Aug 27, 2023, 9:21:13 PM8/27/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Max Faingezicht

Aug 27, 2023, 10:54:20 PM8/27/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

PSA
There’s a beautiful silver 60 Bombadil on the FB group. Lots of bling asking is $4,800 in the Pacific NW (local sale only)
Max

On Aug 24, 2023, at 5:43 PM, Patrick Moore <bert...@gmail.com> wrote:

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/CALuTfgsqGaPs4CGAKfBrjM1%2BO7iM8tXGPXYrVUoPpEios--JXw%40mail.gmail.com.

maxcr

Aug 28, 2023, 3:55:37 PM8/28/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Another local sale only and no mention of Rivendell in the ad:

56 Heron $2,650 in Adrian Michigan

Eric Marth

Aug 28, 2023, 7:53:48 PM8/28/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Wow that Heron is deluxe as hell!

J S

Aug 28, 2023, 9:06:25 PM8/28/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Grants sizing was so different then. Would that be a 53 by todays and everyone else’s yesterday standards?

Kurt Henry

Aug 28, 2023, 9:18:51 PM8/28/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
That's a really nice setup! I was surprised by the brakes, too.  I thought at first glance that those were from a fancy independent maker, like Paul.  I didn't remember the Campy MTB cantis being that machined/CNC'd looking.
Kurt Henry
Lancaster, PA

Joe Bernard

Aug 28, 2023, 11:57:02 PM8/28/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
56x56 was a standard "square measurement" dropbar road bike for decades. The closest equivalents in the Riv line now would be the 51cm Homer and the 50/54 Roadinis.

Steven Sweedler

Aug 29, 2023, 6:36:03 AM8/29/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
The Heron with the front and rear low riders looks like a modern version of the Japanese camper bikes highlighted in the article in the latest BQ.

Steven Sweedler
Plymouth, New Hampshire

Johnny Alien

Aug 29, 2023, 7:20:01 AM8/29/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
The Heron has the semi-sloping fork crown which was introduced for a brief time with the third owner. So still Grant's geometry and still Waterford made but not an early run when Grant was actively involved (if that matters to anyone and it shouldn't I just wanted to throw out some knowledge I recently learned)

Eric Marth

Aug 29, 2023, 8:44:17 AM8/29/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here are a few pictures for thread posterity. Sadly, no drive-side pictures or pictures that show the entire bike without it being at least partially cut off [eye roll emoji] [talk to the hand emoji] [cool emoji]

01010_5ESE9QUJgSQ_0CI0lL_1200x900.jpg

00101_4SPWFGDGkPb_0CI0lL_1200x900.jpg

Matthew Williams

Aug 29, 2023, 1:50:33 PM8/29/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
A. Homer Hilsen (curved 2TT!)
64cm
3400
East Hampton, NY
https://www.ebay.com/itm/404463031464

s-l1600.jpg

Danny

Aug 29, 2023, 10:23:27 PM8/29/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Eric Marth

Aug 30, 2023, 9:16:12 AM8/30/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Cheviot f/f/hs
60cm

s-l1600.jpg

Eric Marth

Aug 30, 2023, 9:21:57 AM8/30/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
An unusual Homer! Double tube, darker blue than I'm used to seeing. Nice build. Oddly the listing makes no mention of the 3x1 drivetrain.

Chasen Smith

Aug 30, 2023, 3:04:49 PM8/30/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
happy hump day to all

self promoting my medium gus for pickup in nyc

Michael Morrissey

Sep 6, 2023, 3:28:03 PM9/6/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Does this belong to someone on the list here?

Simpleone
58cm Green
Brooklyn, NY

Elisabeth Sherwood

Sep 7, 2023, 10:01:23 AM9/7/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
FYI: 56cm Atlantis frameset in Northern Virginia.  (Not mine...)

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/bik/d/arlington-rivendell-atlantis-56cm/7663165663.html

-- Liz

Eric Marth

Sep 12, 2023, 8:04:01 PM9/12/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Max Faingezicht

Sep 12, 2023, 8:05:45 PM9/12/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
And this is the one I was supposed to see before I bought the mountain mixte. Now I’m sure I should buy a 59 frame… waiting for a cheap one to pop up. (There’s a 64 for $750 but it’s bigger than I want and it’s in Seattle)

Max

On Sep 12, 2023, at 8:04 PM, Eric Marth <eric...@gmail.com> wrote:

<01313_eauyAvA7mig_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg>
It is loading more messages.