WTT 53cm Frank Jones Sr

A. Douglas M.

Jul 17, 2021, 8:28:14 PM7/17/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hello all,

I recently bought a 53cm Frank Jones Sr frameset which was advertised as a 55cm. Bummer.

I can get my money back, but that is a lose lose (for me and the buyer), so I figured I’d see if anyone here wanted to trade for this very rare frameset (I have a whole build which could be an option).

The frame is in very good shape in the beautiful homer blue and would come with the FSA headset.  Geometry details are on the blahg or blug. But it has an ETT OF 55 for PBHs of 79.5 - 83.

I like Rivendells, so let me know what you got off list.

Thank you!

Best,

Aaron “looking for a win win” in El Paso

A. Douglas M.

Jul 25, 2021, 11:37:56 PM7/25/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
FB25B041-2B7D-4704-AD6D-B1A0BE7816CE.jpeg
Ok, it’s up on the chopping block. Still interested in trades but here is the build:

53cm frame in very good condition (one small scratch on NDS of top tube)
Alex Meade 50cm fillet brazed stem with Salsa Cowchippers (unwrapped while I got fit down)
Tektro TRP levers
FSA headset
Tektro 556 brakes
Gravelking 35 SS on velocity A23 rims laced to formula hubs (both can be set up tubeless but are not currently)
Phil Wood bottom bracket 110
Sugino XD crank with 40t wolf tooth chainring and 32t willow chainring
Surly 18t fixed cog and lock ring
White industries 16t freewheel
KMC chain
Nitto S85 seatpost
Vintage Brooks professional
No cages or pedals included

Between the fillet brazed BB and custom HT lugs it’s a beautiful frame and I’m disappointed it doesn’t fit.

$2400 and I’ll take care of shipping. All parts have very low mileage (like maybe 100 miles) except the saddle and wheels. I think the wheelset has ~300 miles.

I could swap the bars and stem to a VO/Nitto setup and reduce the cost by $100.

Thanks! Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Best,

Aaron in El Paso

A. Douglas M.

Jul 26, 2021, 1:30:34 PM7/26/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Swapped the bars for 45mm Nitto B115s and a VO stem. Changed out the colored cable housing to Ultegra gray housing. Just ordered some maroon tape and twine from Rivendell (along with Tosco bars for my fillet brazed MTB).

I’ll get it taped up and take some better photos.

Price will be $2300 shipped.

Thanks!