Clem saddle?

jeffbog...@hotmail.com

Dec 24, 2020, 4:34:32 PM12/24/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Anyone know what kind of saddle was included in the original Clem complete? (the grey vinyl one)

I'd like to get one for my sister to put on her new Cheviot. Thanks!

Jeff

Garth

Dec 24, 2020, 4:51:46 PM12/24/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

They're made by Velo and they must be OEM for them, though despite the cover stitching variation they appear a no frill version of the Tour Plush E-Grip model. I'm pretty sure Rive still has some for sale via the phone as they're listed online. It's one of those off-menu items.

Eric Daume

Dec 24, 2020, 6:32:36 PM12/24/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Wow, I’m surprised anyone wants one of those. That saddle came on the Clem I had, but I only made it a few hundred yards before I turned around to put a different saddle on. It was that immediately painful.

Wesley Applequist

EricP

Dec 28, 2020, 11:02:11 AM12/28/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
This is why everyone is different. Am enjoying the stock Clem saddle. Now, when I get back on it in the spring after the snow melts, might feel different. It was good on rides up to 25 miles. The main limitation was my behind. And the loop is good for the Sackville bags.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN