Free Clinic Schedule on Instagram Live

89 wyświetleń

James / Analog Cycles

nieprzeczytany,
16 kwi 2020, 20:37:5216.04.2020
do RBW Owners Bunch
Join the fun.  Our first clinic had about 160 different people stop in, and I learned that I shouldn't repeat questions!  Joining the clinics is super easy.  Follow @analogcycles on instagram, and in the stories section, you'll see our name with a glowy glowy ring around it when the clinic goes live.   You can ask ?s by typing them out, and we'll answer them as best we can.  You can only do a live feed for 30 minutes, but if we're not finished, we'll pause while we restart, and wait a few for folks to rejoin.

Please feel free to offer suggestions for clinics or talks.  All clinics will start at 8pm EST so more folks can watch.

4/20/2020:  We don't smoke weed, so why not have a clinic on 4/20?  Candice will show you how to wrap handlebar tape.  She's demo it on a tape that requires a bit more from the person wrapping it, so if you get this technique, you can do ANY tape.  She'll also cover twining the end, benefits of different types of tape, and the mysteries of GEL... This was a submitted idea.

4/22:  Drivetrain cleaning and lubing, the Analog way.  I'd say most folks are either doing it wrong or are trying to hard, or both.  Come watch our simple presentation on drivetrain cleaning and lubing.  We'll also cover cleaning rims and rotors.  Notice: our way to do it is fast, simple and affordable.  No tricks, no special tools.

4/27:  Headset and bottom bracket installation.  We'll do a few different types, and talk about bear preload and maintenance and why Chris King headsets are over rated.  Submitted idea.

4/29:  Normal derailleur adjustment.  Front and Rear.  We'll also talk about cables and housing, installation.

5/4:  1x derailleur adjustment.  Also talk about chain tension, chain length, quick links.

5/6:  Open!  Who wants to come up with something

5/11:  What goes into frame prep?  A talk by Candice about how she preps frames before building them.  Not a clinic so much as a, hey look this is a lot of work but it's important, talk.

We'll keep going as long as people are stuck indoors, or if it just stays popular.  Maybe go back to one a week once COVID lets people get outside more.

Let us know what you want to see!

James / Analog Cycles / Tanglefoot Cycles / Discord Components / Fifth Season Canvas.

Joe Bernard

nieprzeczytany,
16 kwi 2020, 20:58:4116.04.2020
do RBW Owners Bunch
I want to see how Candice adds sparkle to the tape!

J Imler

nieprzeczytany,
17 kwi 2020, 01:02:0517.04.2020
do RBW Owners Bunch
Turkey vulture demo. Component meshing...with smooth results.

James / Analog Cycles

nieprzeczytany,
17 kwi 2020, 08:01:3717.04.2020
do RBW Owners Bunch
I'll add a tape customization clinic.  There are a bunch of things you can do, glitter is the easiest, but the others are fun as well.

-james

James / Analog Cycles

nieprzeczytany,
17 kwi 2020, 08:01:5617.04.2020
do RBW Owners Bunch
Sure.  We can do that.  We have a number of bikes here with it set up.

James / Analog Cycles

nieprzeczytany,
17 kwi 2020, 08:04:3217.04.2020
do RBW Owners Bunch
Adding: 5/6 Handlebar tape customization: different finishes to make your tape unique
5/13:  Drivetrain hacks:  Turkey Vulture, Turkey Vulture Supreme, 1x friction shifting.  Don't settle for stock gearing!

Bicycle Belle Ding Ding!

nieprzeczytany,
17 kwi 2020, 11:19:1417.04.2020
do RBW Owners Bunch
Can we submit questions early? Maybe it’s helpful to know them ahead of time so you can prepare?

I’m interested in 1x video as well. You mentioned to me that I might consider that for my upcoming Cheviot. I don’t know what makes a rider a good candidate for 1x, but I’d like to know. I don’t shift a ton with my rear derailleur, but I do use that front derailleur every time I climb the mile-long hill to my house. Would I be able to grab an easy enough gear with a 1x? What does it mean “don’t settle for stock gearing”?

I’m really looking forward to these clinics. Thanks so much, James and Candice!

James / Analog Cycles

nieprzeczytany,
17 kwi 2020, 11:31:1017.04.2020
do RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Leah,

Submissions in advance are the way to go.  We have to gather materials, ruminate on best presentation, pick out our outfits...

I'll cover all of that stuff in the 1x clinic, but, nut shell is this:  if you don't use one extreme of your gears or another, IE the easiest or very hardest gears, 1x is simple, light and effective.  People who run 11-28 cassettes and worry about percent differences between gear jumps need not apply.  So next time you do a normal ride, with some hills, see what gears you use and don't use.  Then you can determine what will work best for your Chev.

-James

Clayton Scott

nieprzeczytany,
17 kwi 2020, 12:54:3917.04.2020
do RBW Owners Bunch
Wheel spoking methods are always of interest to me.

Since I have time and don't build more than ~10 wheels a year the Schraner method of spoking has served me well, but I am always interested in other methods.

Seems the like tensioning, truing, and stress relieving are pretty similar from builder to builder but spoking seems to have a lot more flavors.

Best,
Clayton Scott
HGB, CA
Odpowiedz wszystkim