Bluelug Visit to Rivendell (Video)

Minh

Oct 29, 2023, 1:51:31 PM10/29/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa-kyowhoQQ

Great informal video of Blue Lug team visiting Rivendell HQ with a show and tell of different staff member bikes.

I just visited Blue Lug last month and was amazed at how successful they have become, i only knew them as an online store, but with multiple locations, tons of products, i could argue that they are more successful than Rivendell, but in this video they are still so curious and interested in everything.

Richard Rose

Oct 29, 2023, 2:05:34 PM10/29/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
And how about those lugged Susie’s!
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 29, 2023, at 1:51 PM, Minh <mgian...@gmail.com> wrote:

Great informal video of Blue Lug team visiting Rivendell HQ with a show and tell of different staff member bikes.

I just visited Blue Lug last month and was amazed at how successful they have become, i only knew them as an online store, but with multiple locations, tons of products, i could argue that they are more successful than Rivendell, but in this video they are still so curious and interested in everything.

Eric Daume

Oct 29, 2023, 2:20:58 PM10/29/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I was in Japan this last week for the auto show, but got a chance to visit Blue Lug. What a great shop! Though maybe it’s best for my wallet that it’s not so close (and most of the frames seemed to top out at a medium, too small for XL me). It was still fun to see so many of these frames in real life.

Eric

Kim H.

Oct 29, 2023, 5:35:09 PM10/29/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
@Richard,
Absolutely gorgeous Susie framesets !

Kim Hetzel.

Richard Rose

Oct 29, 2023, 5:55:21 PM10/29/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I know !
Sent from my iPhone

Kim H.

Oct 29, 2023, 6:00:06 PM10/29/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
@Richard,
Right on 👍

Kim Hetzel.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/490D3EE5-C216-47BD-8FC6-1799C0FC8FBF%40gmail.com.

Bill Fulford

Oct 29, 2023, 7:47:54 PM10/29/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
I frames look very nice. I’m a bit surprised that they kept the name. I prefer the Gus Boots Willsen.

Richard Rose

Oct 29, 2023, 10:15:34 PM10/29/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I actually think they chose the better name(s) and I own a Gus. Plus I think the Susie has the better head badge. I do wonder if those are the final colors though.
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 29, 2023, at 7:48 PM, Bill Fulford <bill.fu...@gmail.com> wrote:

I frames look very nice. I’m a bit surprised that they kept the name. I prefer the Gus Boots Willsen.

eddietheflay

Oct 29, 2023, 11:07:23 PM10/29/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
 Charlie H Gallop bikes at 44.48 minutes in the video. Not sure why but that looks like the coolest Riv idea in a long time. Seems like they are keeping it quiet for the time being.
Message has been deleted

Joe Bernard

Oct 30, 2023, 2:38:59 AM10/30/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Roman was fascinating to watch, he communicated with his hands in a way that (I think) signifies he knows ASL.

I love that Spencer's only Riv is the original Road he got in '95. If you've ever seen it you know it's the most beausaged Rivendell in existence, it's practically a work of art! I also love that he said in front of Grant that he mostly rides his 2-speed Brompton and it's his favorite bike 😂

Dig the Gallop. I want one.

Joe Bernard

On Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 8:53:27 PM UTC-7 brendonoid wrote:

I wish Grant had answered their questions about the two new frames on camera. Will and the other fellow didn't seem to remember/know what was going on in any detail.
The Charlie looks like such I nice frame, the new lugs are beautiful and I think I can put up with the sidepulls. It will probably be my next frame purchase. I have time to save up the pennies too, I guess.

The new Susie has it's swoop tube intersecting much higher on the seat tube. This is good. Definitely the weak point of the frame design.
I am glad that I have my OG Susie though. The light tubing makes it such a great bike and I love the fillet brazing. Wouldn't change it for the world.

Johnny Alien

Oct 30, 2023, 8:46:53 AM10/30/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm very confused by the Gallop now. They took what was a road frame on the lower price scale for RIvendell (the Roadini) and are going to replace it with a higher priced lugged road bike? Even though they already have the Homer that could fit that category well? It was originally designed to be a road bike for sweptback bars and v brakes (which is unique) and now it seems to be a drop/albastache bike that can be setup with sweptback bars if you like. There is just so much crossover with this frame now. Will even says "like a homer but with more standover space". But that was a Cheviot. I'm just a bit salty because the original dream of Clem priced, bars with sweep, and v brakes all on a road bike was something unique for them. But for me it doesn't matter because I have the proto-clem that checks all of those boxes.

eddietheflay

Oct 30, 2023, 9:55:58 AM10/30/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
It is interesting...cuz when you go this url it looks as though once there was a photo of that Gallop seen in the video...but not anymore in this blog: https://www.rivbike.com/blogs/grant-petersens-blog/august

Brian Turner

Oct 30, 2023, 10:02:48 AM10/30/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I feel like the Gallop has existed in some unofficial form or another for forever now… at least in Riv time it has.

On Oct 30, 2023, at 9:56 AM, eddietheflay <eddiet...@gmail.com> wrote:

It is interesting...cuz when you go this url it looks as though once there was a photo of that Gallop seen in the video...but not anymore in this blog: https://www.rivbike.com/blogs/grant-petersens-blog/august

Mike Godwin

Oct 30, 2023, 12:05:00 PM10/30/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Pump peg for the Charlie HG should be in the front. That is the perfect place to gouge a hole in one's shoulder. But, I guess a pump would not wedge tight in the obtuse angle of the top tube/seat tube lug. Better to place it on the seat stay.
Mike SLO CA

peter cownan

Nov 20, 2023, 1:15:17 PM11/20/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
I loved those lugged Susie’s!!! Definitely considering selling my large Gus to get those preferably in the smaller wheel size. Does anyone know when they’ll be available?