MUSA Pants

404 vues

Christopher Cote

non lue,
13 déc. 2019, 10:30:5013/12/2019
à RBW Owners Bunch
The new pants are available to order. I just ordered a pair of mediums. $107 (shipped) for a pair of pants is bonkers. I get it, USA manufactured, small batch, lots of overhead... I'm hoping to be blown away by how good they are. Anyone else order some?

Chris

Brian Campbell

non lue,
13 déc. 2019, 10:54:3213/12/2019
à RBW Owners Bunch
Simply the price of supporting small business. Prepare to be underwhelmed. Pants can only do so much..... ;-)

Joe Bernard

non lue,
13 déc. 2019, 11:36:5413/12/2019
à RBW Owners Bunch
I bought L grey/blue a few years ago and they work sorta, but I'm constantly having to pull the legs up a bit 'cause they catch on my knees while pedaling. More recently I bought L black and they were smaller/no go.

I like the look and idea of these garments, but they don't seem to work well for my admittedly hard to fit self. I do love the shorts, I have several.

Drw

non lue,
13 déc. 2019, 11:39:2713/12/2019
à RBW Owners Bunch
Id do it to support the business, however the blue crotch is a deal breaker for me. i thought the whole riv thing was to ride in normal looking clothes. i truly do not understand the insistence to make the crotches on all of their clothes a contrasting color.

John Buglino

non lue,
13 déc. 2019, 12:02:3313/12/2019
à rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Wait I thought this run was all black?  Is that not true?

In any case I’ll probably buy a pair or two.  Similar to Joe, I prefer the shorts for actual biking, but the MUSA pants are nice for lounging about the house/doing chores.  Plus I like supporting Riv in the hopes of even more Wooly Warm stuff one day.

Best

John in Jersey City

On Dec 13, 2019, at 11:39 AM, Drw <drewbe...@gmail.com> wrote:

Id do it to support the business, however the blue crotch is a deal breaker for me. i thought the whole riv thing was to ride in normal looking clothes. i truly do not understand the insistence to make the crotches on all of their clothes a contrasting color.

Leaf Slayer

non lue,
14 déc. 2019, 08:12:1814/12/2019
à RBW Owners Bunch
I'm intrigued by these. Hopefully they'll have them at Rivelo where I can check them out before purchasing. I have a pair of large green ones that I've had for probably 10yrs that I wear from time to time. I hate the look and fit but they do work. Riv shorts are still my all-time favorite cycling shorts. I hate the cut and wish they were less billowy but they are so perfect for long rambles on hot days. They're okay for hiking as long as you don't have anything in your pockets.

--mike

Bill Schairer

non lue,
14 déc. 2019, 09:40:1014/12/2019
à RBW Owners Bunch
I love mine. I have three pair, 2 gray, 1 black. The black do seem smaller. At any rate, I wear them almost every day and have found them to wear extremely well.

Bill S

Christopher Cote

non lue,
14 déc. 2019, 12:40:4314/12/2019
à RBW Owners Bunch
The new ones are supposed to be less baggy. Sounds like they aren't letting Grant design clothing anymore (or he's willingly passed that task on). The new ones are also a polyester/lycra blend. I think that will be good from a fit and comfort perspective, but potentially far less durable than the 100% nylon that the original pants used.

Chris

Robert Gardner

non lue,
14 déc. 2019, 13:47:0714/12/2019
à rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I bought a pair bc they aren’t as baggy. I also love the mesh pockets juuuust in case....

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 14, 2019, at 12:40 PM, Christopher Cote <christophe...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ed Carolipio

non lue,
14 déc. 2019, 19:37:4014/12/2019
à RBW Owners Bunch
I just ordered a pair for the stretch and taper, and added some stuff to get to the free shipping threshold. I have two pairs of the last gen and use those exclusively for any casual/commute ride when the air gets cool out or for light rain here in Southern California. I hear you on the cost but in comparison to what? For casual or sweat pants I agree they're pricey, but for pants designed for casual/commute cycling that can be worn in light rain, the price compares well to what's out there.

--Ed C.

Joe Bernard

non lue,
14 déc. 2019, 19:51:0514/12/2019
à RBW Owners Bunch
I agree about cost. My luck with sizing these hasn't been great, but the price is fair for gear you can wear on the bike, then not look completely ridiculous for the shopping run.

Fullylugged

non lue,
14 déc. 2019, 20:17:3114/12/2019
à RBW Owners Bunch
I have the original tan, 2nd generation tan and then the 3rd generation blue. The original nylon was lighter and better for hot days. The later stuff is better for cooler days. None are good for spirited riding. They don't do sweat well. I wear them for easy Sunday social club rides or causal rides to town for coffee, lunch, vet supply pick up for my critters, a haircut, etc. They work GREAT for that. The Riv shorts OTOH are okay for hard riding in warmer weather. I have both the original butternut and the boosucker. The boosucker is the bomb but came and went very quickly.

jim Dobbins

non lue,
16 déc. 2019, 14:47:3716/12/2019
à RBW-owners-bunch
+1 on the Riv MUSA shorts. I have a number of pair that I’ve had for ~4 years, they are bombproof. I’m not as fond of the pants as they are a bit funky in the way they fit me.

> On Dec 14, 2019, at 6:40 AM, Bill Schairer <comm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I love mine. I have three pair, 2 gray, 1 black. The black do seem smaller. At any rate, I wear them almost every day and have found them to wear extremely well.
>
> Bill S

BSWP

non lue,
17 déc. 2019, 11:06:0417/12/2019
à RBW Owners Bunch
And already sold out of my size... sigh. I'm resigned to looking elsewhere for pants I can wear on and off the bike. I was ready for the sticker shock, and was even prepared to tolerate the mesh pockets.

- Andrew, Berkeley

Adam Leibow

non lue,
18 déc. 2019, 17:22:5418/12/2019
à RBW Owners Bunch
i ordered a set and i love them. nice stretchy material and the fit/cut is better than the old version. very nice. wish they came in green tho.

John A. Bennett

non lue,
19 déc. 2019, 08:58:5419/12/2019
à RBW Owners Bunch
Dear Mike,

We ordered a few pairs ---very few--- so if you want to try a pair, lemme know your size, and I can hold them 'til Saturday.

All the best,

John at Rivelo

Robert Gardner

non lue,
20 déc. 2019, 12:24:4320/12/2019
à rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Got the new MUSA pants yesterday.

For reference, I am 6"2, 220ish pounds, stocky build and the Large's fit fantastic. Yes they are more snug than past iterations, but that guarantees I will basically live in them. Super comfy out of the box, they go with everything and haven't "slipped" down my bottom when I rode in them today (unlike, say, the Patagonia baggies pants that I have which end up in a special place if I try and ride in them).

Also, the light stretch is very clutch.

After one day, strong recommend.

- rg in dc

Addison Wilhite

non lue,
20 déc. 2019, 12:53:3720/12/2019
à rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Thinking I want to order these.  I have a 32" waist, 145 lbs, and am 5'6" with a 30ish inch inseam.  I seem to be right in between S and M.  Recommendations on which size to order?

Thanks much!

Addison Wilhite, M.A.

Academy of Arts, Careers and Technology

“Blazing the Trail to College and Career Success”

Portfolio and Blog

Christopher Cote

non lue,
20 déc. 2019, 17:38:5520/12/2019
à RBW Owners Bunch
I received my pants today. I have to say that they are very nice. Definitely a cut above typical cycling clothing in quality. The fit is excellent. My 32" actual waist (typically wear pants labeled 30", yay vanity sizing!) fits the medium pants very well, and the length is sufficient for my 85cm PBH. The cuffs are slim, but I can still just pull them up over my knees (not something I would do, just a data point). I expect the right cuff will brush the outer chainring, so I'll plan on wearing an ankle strap on the bike. I can fit my Fox knee pads under the pants comfortably. Very happy overall.

Chris

On Friday, December 13, 2019 at 10:30:50 AM UTC-5, Christopher Cote wrote:

Grady Wright

non lue,
20 déc. 2019, 23:35:3120/12/2019
à RBW Owners Bunch
I ordered the MUSA pants this time around because the fabric seemed to have a little more structure than the previous version and I was in need of some sporty pants. They arrived today and immediately I had to come here and share how pleased I am with them. I could have ordered the L or the XL based of the sizing chart. I ended up going with XL because I suspected my tree trunk legs might not fit with the L size. XL was the right choice for me. They have a nice fit. the pants are loose enough to be comfortable and fitted enough to look flattering, even if I were to lose a few pounds. The fabric is a little lighter than I had anticipated but it still has enough fabric to hold some structure. I might describe them as "all season" light enough for warmer weather and with a base layer warm enough for cross county skiing (which I am going to try out tomorrow on the winter solstice). I would buy again if they did another run. All in all pretty perfect.

Mark Schneider

non lue,
24 déc. 2019, 13:00:0324/12/2019
à RBW Owners Bunch
I ordered the mediums and they are a lot tighter than the old pair of knickers I have. The fabric is very nice and they feel almost too nice to get grease all over them as I inevitably will. I guess if I had my druthers I'd love these in a knicker but these will be prefect for riding and hiking in cooler weather.

Mark

On Friday, December 13, 2019 at 7:30:50 AM UTC-8, Christopher Cote wrote:

bruce.h...@gmail.com

non lue,
24 déc. 2019, 14:06:3024/12/2019
à rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I wore my blue MUSA pants today and loved them

Joe Bernard

non lue,
24 déc. 2019, 14:13:2324/12/2019
à RBW Owners Bunch
I wear my grey/blue MUSA pants almost every day during the winter, occasionally even on the bike!
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer
0 nouveau message