PSA: New Sams are open for order

Ashwath Akirekadu

Nov 5, 2020, 3:24:32 PM11/5/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Jonathan Stafford

Nov 5, 2020, 5:50:04 PM11/5/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
54cm are sold out too! Yikes that was fast...

velomann

Nov 5, 2020, 10:42:21 PM11/5/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
It looks like the gold frames are only available in 48 now, and the blue only in 57 or 60.
That's how I read it anyway.
Day 1, 7:40 PM PST.

Mike M

Nov 8, 2020, 2:22:38 PM11/8/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Glad I jumped on the 54 when I did!

Nov 10, 2020, 4:42:59 PM11/10/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Has anyone received a shipping email yet? I spoke with James today and he says due to the amount of orders, they're a bit behind. 2-3 weeks for my frame+parts. I did not ask for it to be prepped. I believe that prepped frames take a lot longer.

Mike Godwin

Nov 10, 2020, 10:54:38 PM11/10/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
It looks like the wheelbase was scooched up a bit. No double top tube either I suppose, at least not in the product description.

Mike SLO CA

Howard Hatten

Nov 11, 2020, 8:53:32 PM11/11/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

I got a shipping email today

Howard
Livonia Mi

velomann

Nov 11, 2020, 11:09:54 PM11/11/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I picked my frame up from Golden Pliers in PDX today!
For those not yet hooked up, Kevin has a blue 54 and a dark gold 57 that are not (yet) spoken for ;-)

Mike M

Nov 12, 2020, 11:58:04 AM11/12/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Lucky!

Was there a pre-order? I'm a bit surprised at how long James told me for my frame to be honest with you. I ordered 2mins into the go-live :( Oh well, I still need to get a wheelset so I suppose no rush

velomann

Nov 12, 2020, 10:04:18 PM11/12/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Not a pre-order, per se. But I'm fortunate to live in Portland where, as many of you know, John Bennet ran Rivelo as a Rivendell outpost for 5 years. When he
shuttered early this year, kindred soul Kevin Purcell at Golden Pliers took over the local Rivendell dealership in what appeared to be a pretty seamless transition. As most of you know the approximate arrival date of the Sams was made known months ago. Once I made the commitment to get one - thanks to the rich Riv community in Portland and Russ's review on Path Less Pedaled - I reached out to Kevin and put down half as a deposit back in August (?) Whatever happened after that between Golden Pliers and Rivendell I wasn't privy to but it worked out well.
I imagine it's a pretty unusual and unique bike shop that would work well as a Rivendell dealer and there's a number of reasons why they are as rare as hen's teeth so yes, we're lucky to have one local that gets it.

Mike M