tektro 559 left-right adjustment screw

Piaw Na

Mar 17, 2024, 10:59:21 PMMar 17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I went to adjust it on my son's Roadini today and discovered that it had fallen off (probably during an off-road excursion). What's the easiest way to get a replacement?

George Schick

Mar 18, 2024, 9:28:36 AMMar 18
to RBW Owners Bunch
I would think that any well stocked hardware store would carry set screws like that.

Pam Bikes

Mar 29, 2024, 11:52:16 PMMar 29
to RBW Owners Bunch
Not sure what you need but I may have one from a parts pair of brakes.  Take a picture and I'll see if I have the part and will send it to you.

Piaw Na(藍俊彪)

Mar 30, 2024, 12:12:38 PMMar 30
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I've attached a picture of the front brake with the screw missing and the rear brake where the screw is still present

PXL_20240330_161111895.jpg
PXL_20240330_161118102.jpg

Piaw Na(藍俊彪)

Mar 30, 2024, 12:15:58 PMMar 30
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hm.. Actually, I just discovered that I hadn't lost the screw after all. It's just all the way in!

Bill Lindsay

Mar 30, 2024, 12:22:14 PMMar 30
to RBW Owners Bunch
LOL

George Schick

Mar 30, 2024, 3:55:38 PMMar 30
to RBW Owners Bunch
LOL, indeed!  Shimano SP brakes have a small notch on the brake arm closest to the fork crown so you can center it before tightening the brake mounting bolt.  Looking at the Tektro brakes on one of my bikes, it has no such mark - so you have to clamp the brake arms together to get them as close as possible to even before tightening.  That adjustment set screw is just there for minor tweaks in the final adjustments.  Sounds like the brakes on that bike were mounted and tightened way too unevenly before any set screw adjustment was done.