FS, non Rivendell but fine steel steeds

365 vues

Richard Rose

non lue,
19 sept. 2022, 18:40:1719/09/2022
à RBW Owners Bunch
I thought this might be frowned on but I saw the vintage Gitane for sale post so here goes.
A riding buddy of mine passed away almost two years ago and left his adult daughters with his stable of bikes to sell. I have the bikes and am trying to help them out as they are not local and just are not able to deal with it. I will simply list the bikes here with sizes. If anything appeals to you lets chat. I have a lot of pics & some historical perspectives to share. Here are the bikes.
1975 California Masi (sold)
1984 Eddy Merckx Professional, lugged steel and fully pantographed Campagnolo. $1,500.00. Beautiful restoration by Peter Weigle.
2000 Custom Seven Axiom, tigged steel, full Campagnolo 10 speed group and shop built wheels. $2,500.00. Spotless, like new condition.
2015(?) Custom Mark Nobillette fillet brazed with mixed Shimano parts (10 speed) and shop built wheels. Barely ridden bicycle.
And finally, a bike I am hesitant to mention because I want it so bad. Date unknown J.P. Weigle custom, perfect and repainted at some point by Peter. Gorgeous lugs and paint.  Full Campagnolo Record 10 speed (some carbon) and shop built wheels with White Industries hubs. $3,500.00.
All prices are suggested and negotiable. Packing is $100.00 per bike by local bike shop. They did a great job on the Masi. It arrived safely in California, from Toledo, Ohio. Shipping via Bikeflights with extra insurance was $185.00.
Please do contact me off list if any of these interest you. I will not try to post all of the pics here. I will follow this post up with a single pic of a geometry chart. Most are 57-58 size range, the Weigle is slightly smaller at 55.5 square c/c. I have ridden each bike and they are really good.
Thanks for your consideration.

Richard Rose

non lue,
19 sept. 2022, 18:44:4319/09/2022
à rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Geometry chart.
image0.png

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 19, 2022, at 6:40 PM, Richard Rose <rmro...@gmail.com> wrote:

I thought this might be frowned on but I saw the vintage Gitane for sale post so here goes.

Richard Rose

non lue,
19 sept. 2022, 18:47:2219/09/2022
à rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Note: not certain of the exact accuracy of the dimensions given. For instance; the Weigle is 55.5 square, center to center by my measure. Happy to double check anything.

--
Le message a été supprimé
Le message a été supprimé

Ryan

non lue,
19 sept. 2022, 19:12:3719/09/2022
à RBW Owners Bunch
Wow! That's quite a stable and the prices are certainly reasonable...may even be undervalued.

I think the 2001 Seven Axiom is actually titanium

Richard Rose

non lue,
19 sept. 2022, 19:14:5019/09/2022
à rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
This one is not sloped. It does have a long top tube.
image0.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 19, 2022, at 7:08 PM, Joe Bernard <joer...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Richard,

The Seven is probably an incorrect seattube size, those usually (always?) came with a steeply sloped toptube, so 58cm ETT is probably closer to a 52-53cm actual ST. Also it's titanium, I owned one for a while that was too small but hoo boy was that a nice ride!

Joe Bernard aka @rideymcbiker on IG

Joe Bernard

non lue,
19 sept. 2022, 19:21:0819/09/2022
à RBW Owners Bunch
Oh for Pete's sake it's steel, too. Ok my memory of what Seven Cycles was 22 years ago is completely useless and I shouldn't be posting on Mondays. Clearly! 🤦

Eric Marth

non lue,
19 sept. 2022, 19:32:4419/09/2022
à RBW Owners Bunch
Quite the list! Can we see a picture of the Weigle, please?

Richard Rose

non lue,
19 sept. 2022, 20:22:0719/09/2022
à rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
image0.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 19, 2022, at 7:32 PM, Eric Marth <eric...@gmail.com> wrote:

Quite the list! Can we see a picture of the Weigle, please?
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/d693d319-16fb-4e5f-bf4c-0016859a1070n%40googlegroups.com.

Richard Rose

non lue,
19 sept. 2022, 20:30:5219/09/2022
à rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
image0.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 19, 2022, at 8:21 PM, Richard Rose <rmro...@gmail.com> wrote:

image0.jpeg

Richard Rose

non lue,
19 sept. 2022, 20:33:4319/09/2022
à rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
image0.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 19, 2022, at 8:21 PM, Richard Rose <rmro...@gmail.com> wrote:

image0.jpeg

Richard Rose

non lue,
19 sept. 2022, 20:48:0419/09/2022
à rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Folks! If you want to message me on Facebook I can respond easily with lots of pics. Richard M Rose.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 19, 2022, at 6:40 PM, Richard Rose <rmro...@gmail.com> wrote:

I thought this might be frowned on but I saw the vintage Gitane for sale post so here goes.
--
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur