PSA: Tiny Saluki/Homer at RBW any color you want

chris feczko

Dec 10, 2019, 6:28:28 PM12/10/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

Karl

Dec 10, 2019, 8:32:41 PM12/10/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
I’ve never wished more to shave 10” off my PBH! Doh! Dream bike

Karl
Salukiless in Nashville, TN

ted

Dec 10, 2019, 8:39:04 PM12/10/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
With cantilever posts too me thinks.

Jason Fuller

Dec 12, 2019, 12:57:26 AM12/12/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm kind of amazed it's still available. Most Rivs are too big for me, yet this one is too small.

My fingers are crossed that Grant brings back the Bleriot one day

Rob Kristoff

Dec 12, 2019, 11:29:52 AM12/12/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Jason, IF I remember correctly, the Bleriot was a Riv/QBP joint venture.

I'm only guessing, but I doubt it's GP that's holding up its comeback. From the Q point of view, they probably have an All City or Surly that "replaced" it.

Rob

Hugh Smitham

Dec 15, 2019, 1:19:55 AM12/15/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
This is like pouring salt into a fresh wound.

Joe Bernard

Dec 15, 2019, 1:35:52 AM12/15/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
No worries, Hugh, it's gone.

Joe Bernard

Dec 15, 2019, 1:53:16 AM12/15/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Btw, as pertains to Bleriot: That MIT version of Homer/Saluki became Hillborne. Of course now we have MIT Homer!

Jason Fuller

Dec 15, 2019, 5:26:57 PM12/15/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Rob, yeah I've heard it referred to as QBP's "Loss Leader" by Grant along the way. I think it was just ahead of its time - 650B randonneur bikes are ever-increasing in popularity from my perspective.  Sadly when the Bleriot was available i was into the Surlys and Salsas that were taking its market share away :(